Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th 09:47 - Sep 2 with 4729 viewsJackfath

Anyone on here entered? Anyone going down to spectate? An unbelievable day of endurance sport in/around Tenby

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 3289 viewsSirjohnalot

Done some sprint tris but not a full. Training for marathons is time consuming enough. Amazing achievement
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 10:04 - Sep 2 with 3275 viewsScotia

I've considered a iron-man, but they cost a fortune.

Hat's off to anyone who attempts one, the training must take over your life.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:10 - Sep 2 with 3220 viewsCooperman

Not my scene, Fath. Cycling long distances is fine, I am a competent swimmer but struggle to haul my frame around on foot.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:20 - Sep 2 with 3209 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:10 - Sep 2 by Cooperman

Not my scene, Fath. Cycling long distances is fine, I am a competent swimmer but struggle to haul my frame around on foot.

Swim and run, no problem. It’s the bike that I’m not so good on. Out for about 2 months with an injured Achilles, so lots of swimming and gym for me at the moment.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:27 - Sep 2 with 3197 viewsJackfath

I cant run. My soleus is like a lump of concrete despite me stretching it continually. So stiff it's hideous. Like a 90 year old.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 3181 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:10 - Sep 2 by Cooperman

My son’s done 10 of them, and me and my wife have been to all of them.
We’ve even been to watch him in the Lanzarote Ironman.
But the atmosphere in Tenby is second to none, you have to be there to experience the crowds, the noise and encouragement,they give to all those competing.
Plus there are loads of pubs and places to eat, so you can make a “proper” day of it.
We watched it from the Saundersfoot side, for the 1st time last year, on what they call “heart attack hill”
How they cycle up this steep hill twice, I’ll never know.
The crowds for this section, plus most of the route in Tenby, line both sides of the road, like the Tour de France.
If you want to stay overnight, you will have to book accommodation, at least 6-9 months ahead.
Hope I’ve sold it to people who haven’t been there yet, because it’s well worth a visit.
By the way there’s plenty of parking away from Tenby, at the park and ride site, with loads of buses going, and to bring you back, even late in the evening.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 3181 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:27 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

I cant run. My soleus is like a lump of concrete despite me stretching it continually. So stiff it's hideous. Like a 90 year old.

Have you seen a sports Physio ? They’ll loosen it for you. Probably a lot of scar tissue
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 3178 viewsJackfath

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:42 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

Have you seen a sports Physio ? They’ll loosen it for you. Probably a lot of scar tissue

Yep. I've been to a few. I think there's some underlying issue though as when I wake first thing in the morning i can hardly walk at all and if i sit down for any length of time my whole legs stiffen up and wont bend. It's frustrating as hell. The last "run" I did, the soleus on my right leg swelled up like an egg afterwards.

Login to get fewer ads

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:15 - Sep 2 with 3160 viewsUxbridge

We'll be on St Brides Hill for the cycling part. Got family interest in it next year so Tenby will be the plan there. An excellent day out, highly recommended

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 3151 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:47 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

Yep. I've been to a few. I think there's some underlying issue though as when I wake first thing in the morning i can hardly walk at all and if i sit down for any length of time my whole legs stiffen up and wont bend. It's frustrating as hell. The last "run" I did, the soleus on my right leg swelled up like an egg afterwards.

I had shockwave therapy yesterday, supposed to be very effective for issues like you’re suffering. You can get referred from your GP, otherwise it’s about £45 a shot
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:28 - Sep 2 with 3149 viewsJackfath

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:26 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

I had shockwave therapy yesterday, supposed to be very effective for issues like you’re suffering. You can get referred from your GP, otherwise it’s about £45 a shot

What does that entail?

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:39 - Sep 2 with 3143 viewsLoyal

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 11:27 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

I'm hideously stiff a lot of the time as well.
That's a new name on me though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 3103 viewsdickythorpe

Incredible dedication to get to the starting line! I've got a few ex rugby mates who do ironmen events. It's all consuming and they really do sacrifice and unfortunately suffer.
It's not my scene as I personally sacrificed enough time and energy lifting weights, chasing pigs bladders, staying off beer at a young age. But I do understand the addiction to training when you visibly see gains and improvements.

As alluded to, the location is everything. Tenby, Saundersfoot and areas around are brilliant to visit with all businesses totally geared up for large numbers of visitors.
Enjoy and good luck.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 13:30]
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 3101 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 12:28 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

What does that entail?

They use a hand held machine to send electric waves into the area that’s painful or stiff. Worse case, it’s slightly uncomfortable but no more so than a Physio.

https://www.physiocare.co.uk/physiotherapy/shockwave-therapy/evidence/
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:34 - Sep 2 with 3089 viewsJackfath

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:29 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

They use a hand held machine to send electric waves into the area that’s painful or stiff. Worse case, it’s slightly uncomfortable but no more so than a Physio.

https://www.physiocare.co.uk/physiotherapy/shockwave-therapy/evidence/

Looks expensive to me. £325 for 3 sessions?!

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 15:17 - Sep 2 with 3039 viewsdickythorpe

Fath, just to clarify.... The area "soleus" is the lower inside calf muscle?

Calf raises and stretches aren't helping?

It's a horrible muscle to build up. Some have naturally big calves and sone have " high calves"
I always found it difficult to build up despite the huge weights I was lifting
Genetics!!!!
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 15:21 - Sep 2 with 3034 viewsJackfath

http://drsunderman.com/soleus-muscle-stretch/

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 15:23 - Sep 2 with 3027 viewsSirjohnalot

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 13:34 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

Looks expensive to me. £325 for 3 sessions?!

Mine was no where near that, got it through insurance, but it would have been £40 a session. I only googled that to show you what it was. I'd ring some local physios to see who does it locally
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 16:10 - Sep 2 with 3004 viewsdickythorpe

Isn't there a very highly recommended physio in Dunvant?
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 17:23 - Sep 2 with 2957 viewspeenemunde

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 09:54 - Sep 2 by Sirjohnalot

Done some sprint tris but not a full. Training for marathons is time consuming enough. Amazing achievement

You certainly need time to prepare & train.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:36 - Sep 2 with 2903 viewsbabyjack

Would love to try one. But needs a lot of training. Done a few marathons last year, but fitness has dropped a lot.
Been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis. Doctor has said it will heel itself over 6-9 months.!!
I've dropped my running Down To about 10 miles a week. But is still painful.
Any tips for healing. ?
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:39 - Sep 2 with 2898 viewsJackfath

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:36 - Sep 2 by babyjack

Would love to try one. But needs a lot of training. Done a few marathons last year, but fitness has dropped a lot.
Been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis. Doctor has said it will heel itself over 6-9 months.!!
Any tips for healing. ?

I've got that too. It's a tvvat

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 20:07 - Sep 2 with 2876 viewsdickythorpe

IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 19:36 - Sep 2 by babyjack

Any tips for healing. ?

Took 2 years with me. Try insoles in the shoes you use the most. I bought some off Amazon specifically for plantar fasciitis.
Bathe foot/feet in cool Water. Plus if you have a golf ball try drawing a figure of 8 with it on the flook with your foot/heel.

It's a fecking nuisance!
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 22:10 - Sep 2 with 2824 viewsbabyjack

Will have a look at insoles designed for this.
Have tried cheap ones but they are not doing anything.
IronMan Wales 2018 Sept 9th on 08:24 - Sep 3 with 2739 viewsepaul

My BIL is coming over from France to do this malarky, fair play

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024