Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) 10:05 - Sep 18 with 1286 viewsomarjack

Hull City..aka the Mighty Tigers released their financial statement recently. And as it is clear for anyone that we can draw parallels with them, being recently relegated, 1st year of parachute payments, saved up on player's sale..cut the wage bill significantly..

I guess the matchday figures don't concern us, their attendance dropped 40-50% after relegation, our attendance is still high in comparison to last season.

The figure that's most interesting is their TV income from the parachute payment..it went down from 94 m to 45.7 m..Which is not 55% of the last PL year as it's widely thought. But rather 48-49%. Or around 55% of the "equal share" which is currently around 80.4 m for PL clubs/year.

The scummy Hull owners sold players, reduced the wage bill by half to keep up with the championship turnover. But ended up making 19 m in profit thanks to player sales being around 30 m (15 m from selling Clucas must have gone a long way..oh the utter donkeys that we are)

And what's the bloody point from this thread? Well not much..it's just, that's our present now. Just another Hull city, being sucked dry by disinterested owners until the cash cow dies of malnourishment.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 10:07 - Sep 18 with 1276 viewsLoyal

Sounds familiar.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 10:16 - Sep 18 with 1241 viewsLeonWasGod

Well worth spending a bit of time on Swiss Ramble looking at his later championship stuff. He may or may not be right in his analysis but if the stats are correct (should be if they are from published accounts) it gives a good insight into the challenges in this league.

For example, some people expect us to be self-sustaining and that's a laudable aim. BUT very, very few clubs get by in this league without parachute payments or by the owners covering losses. And if they are run at a profit, it's often only through substantial player sales. This is only 1 year of course, but it gives an idea:

Take home message - it's going to be very difficult without investment once parachute payments finish. Or in other words, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 10:29 - Sep 18 with 1202 viewsSPboy

One thing that you could bet your house on ... the shareholders & owners will be making money out of this whether the club makes a profit or a loss
Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 11:00 - Sep 18 with 1150 views_

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 10:29 - Sep 18 by SPboy

One thing that you could bet your house on ... the shareholders & owners will be making money out of this whether the club makes a profit or a loss

I don't think you quite understand this football lark do you.

Also, the OP chose not to mention Hulls overall debt position.

And lastly to Leon on how difficult it is. Well yes, but only if you're of the stubborn and ignorant opinion that money means promotion.

You'll see Brentford right down there with their wage bill and currently second in the league and need I remind you of when we went up?

You ain't seen nothing yet? Err, yeah, we have and bought the t shirt.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 11:15 - Sep 18 with 1109 viewsbuilthjack

Am I right in saying that 7 of the 8 biggest loss making clubs are now in the Premier League ?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:16]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 13:48 - Sep 18 with 936 viewsBadlands

Maybe that small profit is in the bank ready for next year's reduction in parachute payments?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 14:28 - Sep 18 with 895 viewsLeonWasGod

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 11:00 - Sep 18 by _

And lastly to Leon on how difficult it is. Well yes, but only if you're of the stubborn and ignorant opinion that money means promotion.

You'll see Brentford right down there with their wage bill and currently second in the league and need I remind you of when we went up?

Obviously nobody who follows us should think that money is the answer, that should go without saying.

Brentford is another one that's bankrolled. Their owner has invested over £100m since taking a majority share in 2012 and full control in 2014. Interest free. He covered a loss of £15m in 14/15 their first season in the Championship (that's 1.5x their income). In 16/17 he put in £12m - https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matthew-benham-brea

Their one profit was off the back of large players sales.

And that's my point. Even apparently well-run clubs in this division nowadays need additional investment. Not to go up - just to stay in the division.

Why I posted that (and the 'you ain't seen nothing yet' comment) is because I was thinking about all the comments about the Americans taking all the profits out of the club and the fire sale of players last summer. Selling will be the new business as normal (it always was, but will need to be more so). And it's unlikely there will be any profits, especially when the parachute payments run out. People think we're still a cash cow to be milked even after we've sold our PL players, we're not.

No wonder the Americans want out if there's any truth to that rumour.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 14:31]
Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 876 views_

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 14:28 - Sep 18 by LeonWasGod

Obviously nobody who follows us should think that money is the answer, that should go without saying.

Brentford is another one that's bankrolled. Their owner has invested over £100m since taking a majority share in 2012 and full control in 2014. Interest free. He covered a loss of £15m in 14/15 their first season in the Championship (that's 1.5x their income). In 16/17 he put in £12m - https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matthew-benham-brea

Their one profit was off the back of large players sales.

And that's my point. Even apparently well-run clubs in this division nowadays need additional investment. Not to go up - just to stay in the division.

Why I posted that (and the 'you ain't seen nothing yet' comment) is because I was thinking about all the comments about the Americans taking all the profits out of the club and the fire sale of players last summer. Selling will be the new business as normal (it always was, but will need to be more so). And it's unlikely there will be any profits, especially when the parachute payments run out. People think we're still a cash cow to be milked even after we've sold our PL players, we're not.

No wonder the Americans want out if there's any truth to that rumour.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 14:31]

I was talking about Brentford's wage bill, but fair comments the rest.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 690 viewsSPboy

Interesting read..(well it's boring as f*ck but it's relevant) on 11:00 - Sep 18 by _

And you sir do not understand how the financial side of a business works.

Of course they could all be in it for the love of the club in which case I could be wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024