Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon echo dot (or similar) 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1484 viewsJackfath

Are these any good? Anyone got one or similar? What does one use it for? Can it be used as a radio alarm clock?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 18:44 - Sep 20 with 1473 viewslifelong

Got bought one last Christmas, bit of a novelty at first, don’t use it now. It can play radio stations and tell you the time so I assume it can be used as a clock alarm.
Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 18:54 - Sep 20 with 1461 viewsMrSwerve

They're a bit of a gimmick in my opinion. I rarely use mine...only when I remember it's in the room connected up. Play some music from Amazon music now and again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 1421 viewskrunchykarrot

Yes they can be used as an alarm clock for the money i think they are superb. Weather radio
news flash roadworks trains to wake up etc. And turn lights on off if you cant be arsed
Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 19:52 - Sep 20 with 1399 viewspikeypaul

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 19:32 - Sep 20 by krunchykarrot

Yes they can be used as an alarm clock for the money i think they are superb. Weather radio
news flash roadworks trains to wake up etc. And turn lights on off if you cant be arsed

And turn the lights on and off if you can not be arsed?

You need to get a wife.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 1387 viewsexiledclaseboy

Handy for online radio and Spotify. Very little else.

Poll: Tory leader

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 20:20 - Sep 20 with 1351 viewsGowerjack

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 19:58 - Sep 20 by exiledclaseboy

Handy for online radio and Spotify. Very little else.

Yep.

That's all we use ours for.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 21:13 - Sep 20 with 1288 viewsKrisP

I love mine, use it in the kitchen. Pretty handy when cooking to be able to change the music, set timers, get measurements etc with dirty hands.

Would definitely work as a radio alarm clock though there isn't a digital display.
Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 22:45 - Sep 20 with 1227 viewsElward

Wouldn't be without mine. Have countless amazon echo devices around the house. Apart from the echos being pretty decent speakers, the smart home capabilites they provide are amazing and more and more people seem to be getting with the times.

I have a ring door bell so can see who's aproaching my door, ringing the bell, to then see and choose to speak to them if i desire.

I also have smart cameras on my property so if anyone enters the areas that i have hightlighted on the app to set it up then it will notify me, start recording and show me on my echo show.

Lightsbulbs in various rooms that can change colour and on/off/dimmed by voice.

If you have several echo devices they can also be used as an intercom, which comes in handy when i want to call to someone in another room without needing to physically shout, or other means.

Nest thermostat is also linked to it so i can control the temperature from wherever i am and also lower/raise it simply by saying a few words.

Yes these are all 3rd party products (and some people will call it lazy) but it's just to highlight how much you can actually do with them aside from the simple play radio and ask it questions etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 23:43 - Sep 20 with 1198 viewsJack_Meoff

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 22:45 - Sep 20 by Elward

Wouldn't be without mine. Have countless amazon echo devices around the house. Apart from the echos being pretty decent speakers, the smart home capabilites they provide are amazing and more and more people seem to be getting with the times.

I have a ring door bell so can see who's aproaching my door, ringing the bell, to then see and choose to speak to them if i desire.

I also have smart cameras on my property so if anyone enters the areas that i have hightlighted on the app to set it up then it will notify me, start recording and show me on my echo show.

Lightsbulbs in various rooms that can change colour and on/off/dimmed by voice.

If you have several echo devices they can also be used as an intercom, which comes in handy when i want to call to someone in another room without needing to physically shout, or other means.

Nest thermostat is also linked to it so i can control the temperature from wherever i am and also lower/raise it simply by saying a few words.

Yes these are all 3rd party products (and some people will call it lazy) but it's just to highlight how much you can actually do with them aside from the simple play radio and ask it questions etc.

GCHQ and NSA love the likes of you mush

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 10:08 - Sep 21 with 1086 viewswaynekerr55

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 23:43 - Sep 20 by Jack_Meoff

GCHQ and NSA love the likes of you mush

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 11:38 - Sep 21 with 1067 viewsClydachjack

I have a dot, spot, google home and google mini.

They all control my lights, tv etc.

The spot is great as a bedside alarm clock as it has a display, it can show you the latest news and weather, film trailers, lyrics etc

The google devices have better speakers, and now you can make free phone calls to any landline or mobile with home and home mini.
Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 14:34 - Sep 21 with 1029 viewsJack_Meoff

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 10:08 - Sep 21 by waynekerr55

*taps nose*

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 15:35 - Sep 21 with 1016 viewswaynekerr55

Amazon echo dot (or similar) on 14:34 - Sep 21 by Jack_Meoff

*taps nose*

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024