Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt 17:11 - Nov 10 with 11362 viewsCooperman

I honestly never thought I would see the day.

Irrespective of whatever happens to him from here it’s a case of well done to everyone who has made this happen, including Wilf himself.

Reading between the lines of what Potter says my perception is that Wilf is bringing positivity to the squad on both the training pitch and on match days. We’ve now gone another step forward by accomplishing some game time.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2018 17:12]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:27 - Nov 11 with 1884 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:00 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

It's certainly the most likely outcome, but not a foregone conclusion.

If we're in a position where we want to keep hold of Wilf then we'd have had a good season. I'l just go for that for now.

He’ll be gone in January if we can find a buyer or someone to pay his wages for a while b

Poll: Tory leader

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:09 - Nov 11 with 1779 viewsQuincy999

I didn't think he was a bad player first time around but I never quite got the hype. He was a truly great defensive header of the ball standing at the near post however most of his headers in the opponants box seemed to go off target. His goals, while good on paper, were often during losing performances, if my memory if correct, or when we had already won and were not the decisive goals that michu. For example scored.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:16 - Nov 11 with 1764 viewsDr_Winston

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:09 - Nov 11 by Quincy999

I didn't think he was a bad player first time around but I never quite got the hype. He was a truly great defensive header of the ball standing at the near post however most of his headers in the opponants box seemed to go off target. His goals, while good on paper, were often during losing performances, if my memory if correct, or when we had already won and were not the decisive goals that michu. For example scored.

Not quite sure why the final result of games reflects badly on Bony. Surely if he's scoring goals in a team that loses regularly that's even more impressive?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:22 - Nov 11 with 1746 viewsQuincy999

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:16 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Not quite sure why the final result of games reflects badly on Bony. Surely if he's scoring goals in a team that loses regularly that's even more impressive?

I know what your saying about it not being his fault and agree to a certain extent but personally i struggle to get excited about a player scoring two goals to come back from 3-0 in a 3-2 loss. It is a quality of a striker to score a goal when it is needed and put the opposition on the back foot.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:25 - Nov 11 with 1734 viewsJFSwan

His last goal of the first spell was a 90th minute away winner against QPR
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 1728 viewsDr_Winston

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:22 - Nov 11 by Quincy999

I know what your saying about it not being his fault and agree to a certain extent but personally i struggle to get excited about a player scoring two goals to come back from 3-0 in a 3-2 loss. It is a quality of a striker to score a goal when it is needed and put the opposition on the back foot.

Assuming that the rest of the team does their part too?

So basically if the team does poorly, it's the strikers fault and his alone.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:38 - Nov 11 with 1701 viewsQuincy999

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:26 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Assuming that the rest of the team does their part too?

So basically if the team does poorly, it's the strikers fault and his alone.

No, but just as if a striker scores 20 goals is it all down to him and him alone? Most people in here are saying how fantastic he was cos he scored goals, so it must be all down to him, right? It is a team game and if goals are scored and the team looses then personally i don't care about those goals.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:39 - Nov 11 with 1701 viewspencoedjack

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:25 - Nov 11 by JFSwan

His last goal of the first spell was a 90th minute away winner against QPR

Winner or to rescue a point?
Login to get fewer ads

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 12:16 - Nov 11 with 1665 views34dfgdf54

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:39 - Nov 11 by pencoedjack

Winner or to rescue a point?

Rescue point
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 14:48 - Nov 11 with 1593 viewsveng9

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:22 - Nov 11 by Quincy999

His first season

Europa League

The first goal against Valencia
Assist for winner against St.Gallen
The first goal against Kuban Krasnodar
Assist for equaliser against Napoli

FA Cup

Winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford
Both goals against Birmingham after coming on at half time when we were 1-0 down.

Premier League

2 goals including the goal that put us 3-2 up against Stoke
Equaliser against Manchester City
2-2 and 3-3 equalisers against Liverpool
Equaliser against Everton
Opening goal away against Arsenal
Equaliser and winner against Newcastle
Opening goal against Aston Villa

Second season

Opening goal against Newcastle
Opening goal against Stoke
Both goals against Leicester
Opening goal against Manchester City
Opening goal against Crystal Palace
Assist for opening goal against QPR
Opening goal against West Ham
Equaliser against Tottenham
Equaliser against QPR

Either you've got a bad memory or you're making things up. We didn't win or draw a lot of those but that's not his fault really. To say he only scored goals when were were a couple down is not true at all.

I've left out the "unimportant" goals and assists as well.

He also scored 8 or 9 headers despite you criticising that aspect of his game.

In his first season he had 137 minutes per goal in all competitions and 145 minutes per goal in the league. In his second half season he had 145 minutes per goal again which also goes against claims from angryjack he was a one season wonder when he was on course to finish with 16-20 goals before he left. That and he was coming off 37 goals in 36 games when we bought him. We didn't spend 12 million on him for no reason.

Of course he has flaws but you cannot expect much better than that from a Swansea City player. If he was much better he'd have been getting almost a goal a game.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 14:49]
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 16:28 - Nov 11 with 1526 viewsQuincy999

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 14:48 - Nov 11 by veng9

His first season

Europa League

The first goal against Valencia
Assist for winner against St.Gallen
The first goal against Kuban Krasnodar
Assist for equaliser against Napoli

FA Cup

Winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford
Both goals against Birmingham after coming on at half time when we were 1-0 down.

Premier League

2 goals including the goal that put us 3-2 up against Stoke
Equaliser against Manchester City
2-2 and 3-3 equalisers against Liverpool
Equaliser against Everton
Opening goal away against Arsenal
Equaliser and winner against Newcastle
Opening goal against Aston Villa

Second season

Opening goal against Newcastle
Opening goal against Stoke
Both goals against Leicester
Opening goal against Manchester City
Opening goal against Crystal Palace
Assist for opening goal against QPR
Opening goal against West Ham
Equaliser against Tottenham
Equaliser against QPR

Either you've got a bad memory or you're making things up. We didn't win or draw a lot of those but that's not his fault really. To say he only scored goals when were were a couple down is not true at all.

I've left out the "unimportant" goals and assists as well.

He also scored 8 or 9 headers despite you criticising that aspect of his game.

In his first season he had 137 minutes per goal in all competitions and 145 minutes per goal in the league. In his second half season he had 145 minutes per goal again which also goes against claims from angryjack he was a one season wonder when he was on course to finish with 16-20 goals before he left. That and he was coming off 37 goals in 36 games when we bought him. We didn't spend 12 million on him for no reason.

Of course he has flaws but you cannot expect much better than that from a Swansea City player. If he was much better he'd have been getting almost a goal a game.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 14:49]

Sorry. I didn't mean to wind anyone up enough to go on a stat attack. I watched all of the games and it was the impression I got that's all. I am happy for anyone to disagree with me and I often disagree with my self.
What I would say is the headers comment I made was more to do with corners and free kicks than headers in open play but seeing as we are in an error checking mood, I didn't say he only scored goals when we were a couple down I said "His goals, while good on paper, were often during losing performances, if my memory if correct, or when we had already won"
Obviously there were occasions when that was not the case but in your list below in his second season alone you have put his goal down against West ham (a game we lost 3-1) Man city (a game we lost 2-1), Stoke (a pen in a game we lost 2-1), I couldn't remember more off the top of my head and I can't be arsed to look them up but there will be. So I don't think my memory has completely failed me or i'm making it up.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 21:19 - Nov 11 with 1439 viewsGaz_M

Cop out reply.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 22:22 - Nov 11 with 1396 views34dfgdf54

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:38 - Nov 11 by Quincy999

No, but just as if a striker scores 20 goals is it all down to him and him alone? Most people in here are saying how fantastic he was cos he scored goals, so it must be all down to him, right? It is a team game and if goals are scored and the team looses then personally i don't care about those goals.

He was playing for Swansea City in the Premier League? Unless you’re top 6 you lose more than you win or draw. Ridiculous comments.

For the record aswell I didn’t think he was brilliant just because of his goals, his hold up play, first touch, bringing others into play was class.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 22:23]
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 00:12 - Nov 12 with 1346 viewsLoyal

Bonys contribution to score winning goals in games was very rare, he needs to step up and repay the club on the pitch.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 06:50 - Nov 12 with 1267 viewsangryjack

Bony is garbage and over rated end of...
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:22 - Nov 12 with 1251 viewsItchySphincter

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 06:50 - Nov 12 by angryjack

Best striker we’ve ever had.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:35 - Nov 12 with 1241 views34dfgdf54

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:22 - Nov 12 by ItchySphincter

Agreed, I wasn't around in the Toshack years so couldn't compare to any of those guys though.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:13 - Nov 12 with 1206 viewsdcd14

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 06:50 - Nov 12 by angryjack

281 appearances (63 as a sub) 127 goals.

Garbage.....WOW!

You need another hobby.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 08:41 - Nov 12 with 1184 viewsAl_Bundy

If we could somehow keep Bony fit and firing we should keep him for the season. Costly but worth while if it gets us a top 2 or 6 finish.

May need us to offload the pointless squad inclusions of Narsingh, Routs and Dyer if they can be paid off.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 09:15 - Nov 12 with 1162 viewsLeonWasGod

Well he was a genuine 1 in 2 striker up until 3 years ago, which is pretty rare. Should never have gone to City though in hindsight. Like Sinclair he's another one who needs to rebuild his career, but unlike Sinclair doesn't have as much time on his side.
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 11:23 - Nov 12 with 1104 viewsBloodyhills

I thought Boney did well in his first spell with us and so, it seems, did those people at Man CIty. Not sure how he will go now as older and injured a lot but we'll see.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 12:26 - Nov 12 with 1080 viewsbuilthjack

Bony fully fit will be a huge asset to us

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:16 - Nov 12 with 1009 viewsangryjack

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 07:22 - Nov 12 by ItchySphincter

Never seen latchford then
Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:43 - Nov 12 with 971 viewstheloneranger

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:16 - Nov 12 by angryjack

I'd love to see Bob in this team.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 20:08 - Nov 12 with 948 viewsItchySphincter

Wilfried Bony back in a SCFC shirt on 19:16 - Nov 12 by angryjack

Give it a rest. I was seven years old and I’m sure Latchford was a top striker but he didn’t spend his best years with us.

How old are you?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024