Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cellina 22:16 - Dec 22 with 5981 viewsLandore_Jack

Should have been in the starting lineup.

#backtojack

Cellina on 22:26 - Dec 22 with 3580 viewsDr_Winston

People have been questioning Celina's contribution for weeks. People are now questioning Celina's place on the bench.

Potter is f*cked either way isn't he?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cellina on 22:26 - Dec 22 with 3577 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 22:26 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

People have been questioning Celina's contribution for weeks. People are now questioning Celina's place on the bench.

Yep unfortunately.
Cellina on 22:27 - Dec 22 with 3573 viewsFireboy2

This
Cellina on 22:28 - Dec 22 with 3564 viewsjack2jack

Happens all the time when someone comes off the bench and scores.
He is quality though.
Cellina on 22:34 - Dec 22 with 3542 viewsDr_Winston

Cellina on 22:28 - Dec 22 by jack2jack

Happens all the time when someone comes off the bench and scores.
He is quality though.

Celina has undoubted PL quality. He's also inconsistent as f*ck. Not all his fault. As many have surmised, a hard as nails DM capable of taking a game by the scruff could make a massive difference to us and give the likes of Celina the platform to perform.

Control the midfield and you control the game. For all the bitching about Fer, our first goal came from him winning the ball and starting the counter attack off quickly. By no measure is he a DM, yet that's where we've consistently played him this season. Probably due to a lack of alternatives.

If we find another Leon then we're halfway back to the Premier League.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cellina on 23:09 - Dec 22 with 3479 viewsNeathJack

Cellina on 22:34 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Celina has undoubted PL quality. He's also inconsistent as f*ck. Not all his fault. As many have surmised, a hard as nails DM capable of taking a game by the scruff could make a massive difference to us and give the likes of Celina the platform to perform.

Control the midfield and you control the game. For all the bitching about Fer, our first goal came from him winning the ball and starting the counter attack off quickly. By no measure is he a DM, yet that's where we've consistently played him this season. Probably due to a lack of alternatives.

When you consider how much of a vital cog Leon was in the wheel of Swans success over the last decade or so, it's remarkable to think that he retired without said ready made replacement, of at least a similar ilk, waiting in the wings.
Cellina on 00:32 - Dec 23 with 3408 viewsTailGunner

He's doomed, recent wins are papering over cracks with some of these bastards. Knives always at the ready
He's not perfect, but individual errors cost us. We were in cruise control.
Missed great chances, gifted goals.
Can't legislate for most of these errors.

Need someone to blame. Always been the same.
Cellina on 01:08 - Dec 23 with 3380 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 00:32 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

He's doomed, recent wins are papering over cracks with some of these bastards. Knives always at the ready
He's not perfect, but individual errors cost us. We were in cruise control.
Missed great chances, gifted goals.
Can't legislate for most of these errors.

Need someone to blame. Always been the same.

I don’t know if you are thinking the same as I am, but I would put the last two winning games have been papering over the cracks

Or is it a case I have missed something

You have to ask in why Celina was on the bench after last weeks game, that when he came on made a difference

But then there have been games when he’s been a liability

On this one I would say that Potter knows what he’s doing
Login to get fewer ads

Cellina on 01:14 - Dec 23 with 3373 viewsDJack

Cellina on 22:34 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Most of what you've stated has been a theme for us since the Martinez days.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cellina on 01:14 - Dec 23 with 3373 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 01:08 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

I don’t know if you are thinking the same as I am, but I would put the last two winning games have been papering over the cracks

You have to ask in why Celina was on the bench after last weeks game, that when he came on made a difference

McKay was very good against Brentford.

Potter potentially saving Celina & James more established partnership for the big home game against Villa.

Less tinkering after already making two changes to a winning team.
Cellina on 07:50 - Dec 23 with 3259 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 01:08 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

Sorry I didn't mention Celina.
I was referring to the previous 2 wins papering over the cracks for those who are in the shadows, waiting to stick the knife in to the manager.

He's damned whatever he does with some people.

He's getting a bang average squad playing some great stuff at times.
Cellina on 08:19 - Dec 23 with 3233 viewsDr_Winston

The frustration is coming from losing games we should have been out of sight in by half time. Rotherham, Ipswich and yesterday being particularly good examples. Win those three games and we're fourth.

As it stands we are what many people suggested when the window closed. Two or three good players away from having a squad capable of challenging right at the top end.

Cellina on 08:42 - Dec 23 with 3180 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 08:19 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

The frustration is coming from losing games we should have been out of sight in by half time. Rotherham, Ipswich and yesterday being particularly good examples. Win those three games and we're fourth.

As it stands we are what many people suggested when the window closed. Two or three good players away from having a squad capable of challenging right at the top end.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The frustration is - will he be funded to get those players? Perfect excuse not to spend anything now, comfortable in mid table.

Feb 1st tells us.
Cellina on 08:51 - Dec 23 with 3168 viewsDr_Winston

Cellina on 08:42 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

I wholeheartedly agree.

The frustration is - will he be funded to get those players? Perfect excuse not to spend anything now, comfortable in mid table.

Feb 1st tells us.

Depends on who goes. Just like it did in the summer. He'll have some funds, if we shift some people then he'll have more.

Cellina on 08:57 - Dec 23 with 3153 viewsFireboy2

Cellina on 08:51 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Depends on who goes. Just like it did in the summer. He'll have some funds, if we shift some people then he'll have more.

Id like us to keep dyer and routledge but suspect they will go if offers come in

The trouble is if bony goes will they get a replacement striker
Cellina on 09:00 - Dec 23 with 3145 viewsDr_Winston

Cellina on 08:57 - Dec 23 by Fireboy2

Id like us to keep dyer and routledge but suspect they will go if offers come in

The trouble is if bony goes will they get a replacement striker

Unless someone remembers where they left Courtney Baker-Richardson then they'll probably have to replace Bony if he goes (still not convinced he will).

Cellina on 09:07 - Dec 23 with 3133 viewstrinityann

He is our most creative player, but also has a lot of flaws. It doesn't help us fans that we watch Glyfi for many seasons. So it's hard to adjust to championship level creative player.
Cellina on 09:33 - Dec 23 with 3084 viewsunion_jack

Cellina on 09:00 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Unless someone remembers where they left Courtney Baker-Richardson then they'll probably have to replace Bony if he goes (still not convinced he will).

Where is Bony going to go? No club in their right mind would take him even on a free. He's with us until contract end imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cellina on 10:37 - Dec 23 with 3015 viewsmidswan

Cellina on 09:33 - Dec 23 by union_jack

Where is Bony going to go? No club in their right mind would take him even on a free. He's with us until contract end imo.

This exactly. He may have offers but no one will pay him what we currently do, ergo he stays .
Cellina on 11:17 - Dec 23 with 2963 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 09:00 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

CBR is nowhere near championship level IMO.
Cellina on 11:52 - Dec 23 with 2936 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 11:17 - Dec 23 by TailGunner

CBR is nowhere near championship level IMO.

I thought so too but he proved he can do a job in a system where he just has to run about a lot, make space for other players and try to score some of his tap-ins.

Teams worse than ours get a tune out of some right dross in this division.
Cellina on 11:58 - Dec 23 with 2925 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 11:52 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

I thought so too but he proved he can do a job in a system where he just has to run about a lot, make space for other players and try to score some of his tap-ins.

I just don't see the quality, albeit only based on a couple of u23 games & 1 championship game.

He's been bouncing around noon league for a reason.
We need better.
Cellina on 11:59 - Dec 23 with 2924 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 11:52 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

He was played because as Potter has said, he wants to see what players here can and can’t do. He is not fancied at all, I would put money on it he isn’t in Potters plans.
Cellina on 12:09 - Dec 23 with 2905 viewsjack247

Celina is great if you can afford him as a luxury player. If we had a proper dog of a DM who covered ground putting tackles in and closing spaces, I think we’d get a lot out of Celina.

As I said on another thread, I expect him back in the starting lineup when James is fully fit.
Cellina on 12:26 - Dec 23 with 2882 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 01:14 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

McKay was very good against Brentford.

Potter potentially saving Celina & James more established partnership for the big home game against Villa.

Less tinkering after already making two changes to a winning team.

I have to disagree with you in whether McKay had a good game against Brentford as I would say of his performance yesterday

Yes he scored that 1 in a 100 goal at Bolton but then went missing

As for saving James for the Villa game, I would say it’s more to do with the hamstring injury he had a few weeks ago rather than anything else

Celina on the other hand is something different

Inconsistent I would say that he is and makes far too many wrong options

Football to me is a simple game and Celina tries to play football as if he is a Real Madrid or a Barcelona star

I would say that yesterday Potter had the team selection right with the squad that he has. But if you don’t bury your chances into the back of the net, you don’t deserve to win
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024