Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision time? 18:31 - Feb 1 with 1821 views3swan

Well it has been for me.
I’ve been a Trust member from day one, but over the last couple of seasons I let my membership lapse, due to what I perceived as a lack of decision making within the organization.
Now I’m not here to say that it’s perfect but I do believe that things are moving in the right direction with some purpose and that today I (x3) have rejoined.
Over the last 24 hours there have been calls for boycotts and similar actions, and as well intentioned I think they are, I do believe it will have little influence
The Trust is the only means we have in an attempt to make changes, whether people agree or not, it is the means of letting the views of the fans be known.
I could have just sat on the outside shrugging my shoulders on every issue that has made me feel less part of OUR club.
I’ve been through 80’s when we nearly lost the club and again through the Petty era. This is slightly different, but however small our membership adds to the figures it still shows that the Trust does have the backing of fans.
Now this is my personal view and not some rallying call, but I just hope that other fans give a few moments thoughts in making a decision either way. (No regrets)
Decision time? on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 1748 viewsAndy1300

I joined the trust for the first time last year.

I joined in the hope that I, along with others, can try and have influence over what is happening to OUR club

I would urge more to join.

Number 1 team in Wales

Decision time? on 18:56 - Feb 1 with 1684 viewsBadlands

Left the trust three years ago - it was, then, a talking shop holding the club back.
Hopefully it has changed and people like you knock some heads together.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Decision time? on 19:02 - Feb 1 with 1655 viewsscruffyjack

I agree that the trust has not lived up to everyone’s expectations since the takeover, but I believe that lessons have been learned, and they are now determined to end this farce once and for all.

I implore all Jacks to put their differences behind them and join the trust in our fight against the former shareholders and hedge fund runners. This is potentially the most critical time in the trusts history since inception.
Decision time? on 19:20 - Feb 1 with 1581 viewsexiledclaseboy

Decision time? on 18:56 - Feb 1 by Badlands

Left the trust three years ago - it was, then, a talking shop holding the club back.

How was the trust holding the club back three years ago? I wasn’t involved back then so I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’m genuinely interested in your view.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 19:22]

Poll: Tory leader

Decision time? on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 1545 viewsjacabertawe

Decision time? on 18:56 - Feb 1 by Badlands

How about backing up your statement with evidence?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Decision time? on 23:35 - Feb 1 with 1323 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

As time goes by the value in the club from a Hedge Fund persprective is declining, getting the timing right for legal action is key as the yanks need to feel that losing is not worth the risk and look to dispose of a depreciating asset.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Decision time? on 23:55 - Feb 1 with 1292 viewsBadlands

Decision time? on 19:20 - Feb 1 by exiledclaseboy

How was the trust holding the club back three years ago? I wasn’t involved back then so I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’m genuinely interested in your view.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 19:22]

As I understood things at the time Jenkins and others had been looking new investors (probably to make a profit) and the Trust seemed negative about the prospect.
I may well be wrong, and if so put me right because the is still a wide belief, that part of the reason the eventual sale of shares to the Americans had an element of secrecy was because the Trust hadn't been prepared to move forward with any investors / take over when Noell and Moores showed an interest.
As someone was slagging me off for referring to the current Americans as 'share holders' rather than owners, I should also say it was from this time that prospective buyers into the club were called, 'share holder'. Somewhere in the back of my mind was a long letter which stressed anyone coming in would be a shareholder.
I got the impression that, left to the Trust, nothing was going to happen.
I also got the impression there was a power struggle building and I wasn't into that.
At the time it was quite obvious that finances were starting to run out of control, compared to previous seasons, and something had to be done.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Decision time? on 00:20 - Feb 2 with 1257 viewslonglostjack

Decision time? on 23:55 - Feb 1 by Badlands

As I understood things at the time Jenkins and others had been looking new investors (probably to make a profit) and the Trust seemed negative about the prospect.
I may well be wrong, and if so put me right because the is still a wide belief, that part of the reason the eventual sale of shares to the Americans had an element of secrecy was because the Trust hadn't been prepared to move forward with any investors / take over when Noell and Moores showed an interest.
As someone was slagging me off for referring to the current Americans as 'share holders' rather than owners, I should also say it was from this time that prospective buyers into the club were called, 'share holder'. Somewhere in the back of my mind was a long letter which stressed anyone coming in would be a shareholder.
I also got the impression there was a power struggle building and I wasn't into that.
At the time it was quite obvious that finances were starting to run out of control, compared to previous seasons, and something had to be done.

Aye something had to be done quickly to make sure that there would be millions lining private pockets and sod the consequences. Pure greed. Spin it how you want Badlands but that’s the truth and you damn well know it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Decision time? on 00:34 - Feb 2 with 1231 viewsswan65split

Decision time? on 00:20 - Feb 2 by longlostjack

Aye something had to be done quickly to make sure that there would be millions lining private pockets and sod the consequences. Pure greed. Spin it how you want Badlands but that’s the truth and you damn well know it.

Greed and incompetence. The truth of it all is beginning to show...,.karma
Decision time? on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 1046 viewsDewi1jack

Fair enough point of view.
I seem to remember the term used on the buy out being shareholders.

At the time, when Moores /Noelle were taking a look, if I remember correctly a fair few of us Trust members were of the opinion things were far too cosy with the board.
I was certainly of that opinion.

Many accusations about certain people were flying about.
Some I believed. Some I believed the people accused when they told me their version.
Guess I'll never know if I was spot on or played there.
I still have faith some of the people accused have told me the truth

My timeline may be wrong here, as I suffer with memory problems.

I think that those of us who voted for legal action, voted that way because it looked like the Trust had been led up the garden path and also that the Trust was too cosy a type of old boys club (summed up with the infamous tail wagging the dog comment.)

Glad there are new or returning members
I believe it can only be a good thing
More supporters (or customers? FFS!!!) that have a voice, the better.

Welcome/ welcome back

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Decision time? on 12:04 - Feb 2 with 957 viewsjacktheripper

I thought the Trust rejected Noell and Moore after undertaking due diligence. Its a pity they weren't afforded the same opportunity with the current incumbents!
Decision time? on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 720 views3swan

Decision time? on 12:04 - Feb 2 by jacktheripper

I thought the Trust rejected Noell and Moore after undertaking due diligence. Its a pity they weren't afforded the same opportunity with the current incumbents!

Exactly.

The owners are 1,000's of miles away and won't be overly concerned about the current backlash. It does need to continue but, as much as some won't agree, we do need a stronger Trust backed in larger numbers to go down the official route.
Decision time? on 20:14 - Feb 2 with 625 views3swan

After the news about Huw Jenkins standing down,isn't it a greater reason to show full support for the Trust with the supposed meeting with the owners at the end of this month.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024