Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cojones the size of watermelons... 18:10 - Mar 22 with 4221 viewsBrynCartwright

on old warriors like this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47672816

Very few of these gents left now. There were 2 I used to talk to in Mam's care home, both long gone. Amazing tales to tell.

RIP.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 889 viewsglanmorjak

People of Mr. Jones's era certainly were made of strong stuff and my dad was no exception. He passed away 2 years ago at the age of 98 at Mynydd Mawr Nursing Home in Tumble after losing his personal battle against dementia and having been confined to his bed at home in Burry Port or at Prince Phillip Hospital, Llanelli the previous two years.

When ever a topic arose in conversation about vandalism and general local misbehaviour he would turn round to me and tell me, "they should send those buggers to the salt mines in Siberia," My dad was a very private person and although I was aware he had been a Japanese POW, only in later life did I find out further details of his incarceration in these mines.

When almost everything is handed out on a plate to people in today's world it really makes one wonder how easily forgotten the sacrifices a previous generation made for society.
Cojones the size of watermelons... on 21:51 - Mar 24 with 829 viewscontroversial_jack

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 12:59 - Mar 24 by glanmorjak

People of Mr. Jones's era certainly were made of strong stuff and my dad was no exception. He passed away 2 years ago at the age of 98 at Mynydd Mawr Nursing Home in Tumble after losing his personal battle against dementia and having been confined to his bed at home in Burry Port or at Prince Phillip Hospital, Llanelli the previous two years.

When ever a topic arose in conversation about vandalism and general local misbehaviour he would turn round to me and tell me, "they should send those buggers to the salt mines in Siberia," My dad was a very private person and although I was aware he had been a Japanese POW, only in later life did I find out further details of his incarceration in these mines.

When almost everything is handed out on a plate to people in today's world it really makes one wonder how easily forgotten the sacrifices a previous generation made for society.

That's right, those who have seen real action don't talk about it. We didn't know until after his death, that my father in law had been in the SBS - I still find it difficult to accept that he was. He rarely talked about it, never went to reunions or any remembrance or military parades either.They want to forget it.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 23:23]
Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:23 - Mar 24 with 810 viewsrockinjk

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 21:51 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

That's right, those who have seen real action don't talk about it. We didn't know until after his death, that my father in law had been in the SBS - I still find it difficult to accept that he was. He rarely talked about it, never went to reunions or any remembrance or military parades either.They want to forget it.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 23:23]

Been reading a good book, I recommend it.

It’s called Swansea Pals (family interest), it’s harrowing and makes you really appreciate. Great men
Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:38 - Mar 24 with 804 viewstheloneranger

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:23 - Mar 24 by rockinjk

It’s called Swansea Pals (family interest), it’s harrowing and makes you really appreciate. Great men

2 other good books are ...

Welsh Yeomanry at War: A History of the 24th (Pembroke and Glamorgan) Battalion The Welsh Regiment by Steven John

And ...

Carmarthen Pals: A History of the 15th (Service) Battalion, the Welsh Regiment, 1914-1919 by Steven John

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:50 - Mar 24 with 797 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:23 - Mar 24 by rockinjk

Agreed, its a very sobering read.
Cojones the size of watermelons... on 22:57 - Mar 24 with 797 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cojones the size of watermelons... on 08:04 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

You do know that the ‘Great’ in Great Britain refers to the largest island in the British Isles don’t you ?

Its not ‘great’ as in better than good.

Whatever. Still so much better than Ireland.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024