Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest 11:16 - Apr 2 with 4953 viewsWingstandwood

Let’s be honest with ourselves folks i.e. he’s off and it's only a matter of time and a case of James waiting for an offer to come in.

Sought-after winger’s contract talks ‘hit sticking point over £4m option’ (SWEP back page header small print)

BUYOUT CLAUSE CONCERN FOR DAN (SWEP block letters)

Quote SWEP: “According to the BBC, the key obstacle is a clause in James’s contract that would see him leave for the staggeringly low fee of around £4 million.”

Argus!

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 14:06 - Apr 2 with 4773 viewshobo

£4m?! - We'd be able to sell him for that price with 6 months left on his contract. Make the release clause £25m and he'll have no shortage of suitors in the next season or two
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 15:30 - Apr 2 with 4646 viewstrinityann

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 14:06 - Apr 2 by hobo

£4m?! - We'd be able to sell him for that price with 6 months left on his contract. Make the release clause £25m and he'll have no shortage of suitors in the next season or two

Run is contract down and leave him a year without maximising is income. He could be hot stuff now, but 12 months from now a lot can change with form and injuries.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 15:32 - Apr 2 with 4637 viewsWingstandwood

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 14:06 - Apr 2 by hobo

£4m is a shocking fee especially when you put it into perspective by means of comparison with the £16.5m that that club paid for Clucas. A quarter of that amount, a rather surreal comparison.

Argus!

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 16:08 - Apr 2 with 4567 viewsBadlands

His current contract must have been settled when he was promising 18 /19 year old who was transitioning from under 18s to under21 & 23 squads.
That would have been a staggeringly huge figure for a player in that position.

Now the contract is up for renewal / extension it is time to review that figure and if necessary improve on it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 16:27 - Apr 2 with 4520 viewsjasper_T

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 16:08 - Apr 2 by Badlands

His current contract must have been settled when he was promising 18 /19 year old who was transitioning from under 18s to under21 & 23 squads.
That would have been a staggeringly huge figure for a player in that position.

Now the contract is up for renewal / extension it is time to review that figure and if necessary improve on it.

DJ's last contract was signed in late November 2017 after the Shrewsbury loan debacle and struggles with a series of injuries. He'd already won trophies with the u23s by that point (PL2 div 2, PL Cup) and played and scored against EFL teams in the Checkatrade Trophy.

He was earning a lot more than Connor and Joe at the start of the season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 16:27]
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 4344 viewsSwanjaxs

4 million or 40 million... its irrelevant, Potter won't get a penny of it

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 4307 viewsjasper_T

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 17:48 - Apr 2 by Swanjaxs

4 million or 40 million... its irrelevant, Potter won't get a penny of it

So if the money went to keep the academy open and pay staff wages for another year that doesn't matter to you? Transfer spending the only important thing at a time when three EFL clubs haven't paid their staff and Bolton are on the verge of going into liquidation?
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:28 - Apr 2 with 4252 viewsSwanjaxs

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:04 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

So if the money went to keep the academy open and pay staff wages for another year that doesn't matter to you? Transfer spending the only important thing at a time when three EFL clubs haven't paid their staff and Bolton are on the verge of going into liquidation?

Again irrelevant... do you think some faceless hedgefunder is interested in keeping the academy going rather than increasing his dividend

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:09 - Apr 2 with 4173 viewsthornabyswan

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:28 - Apr 2 by Swanjaxs

Again irrelevant... do you think some faceless hedgefunder is interested in keeping the academy going rather than increasing his dividend

Why did they sign Celina Mackay Assoro Dhanda the youngster from Real Madrid.
If you are right why spend last summer then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:28 - Apr 2 with 4125 viewsSwanjaxs

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:09 - Apr 2 by thornabyswan

Why did they sign Celina Mackay Assoro Dhanda the youngster from Real Madrid.
If you are right why spend last summer then.

Peanuts compared to what they've raked in

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:42 - Apr 2 with 4080 viewsJacket

Asking for this pitiful clause is a creative way of saying no. I take it that £4m is what Leeds are offering him. His agent is an absolute duffer or in Leeds' pocket if he thinks that Leeds for £4m is what he's worth after that FA Cup goal. Surely someone will come in and offer around £10m for him - the likes of Everton, Newcastle, Wet Spam, Palace for example. Wouldn't even be surprised if one of the big guns would take a punt - a fee in the region of £10m is a bit of loose change for the likes of Citeh of Chelsea - the kind of sum you'd be prepared to throw in the direction of an unfinished product like Dan. He wants the penny (a higher wage) and the bun (a pittance of a release clause), I say don't give him the higher wage and flog him for around £10m in the summer.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 21:45 - Apr 2 with 3938 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:28 - Apr 2 by Swanjaxs

Any actual evidence that dividends have been paid to shareholders in the last three years? Thought not.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 23:08 - Apr 2 with 3661 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I’ll say this about Dan James.

Since the deadline day debacle his commitment and his performances have been outstanding and are a credit to him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 23:41 - Apr 2 with 3559 viewslifelong

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 23:08 - Apr 2 by Joe_bradshaw

I’ll say this about Dan James.

Since the deadline day debacle his commitment and his performances have been outstanding and are a credit to him.

I agree, he has a huge future in the game, my only fear for him would be the number of times he is getting hacked down each game. He is bound to pick up injuries, hopefully none too serious which could shorten his career.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 09:41 - Apr 3 with 3262 viewsjasper_T

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 23:41 - Apr 2 by lifelong

I agree, he has a huge future in the game, my only fear for him would be the number of times he is getting hacked down each game. He is bound to pick up injuries, hopefully none too serious which could shorten his career.

He's been getting kicked about for years. Muscle injuries from sprints/fatigue always been a bigger issue than bumps and bruises. Got a knack for avoiding the worst hits.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 14:00 - Apr 3 with 3123 viewsBadlands

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 23:41 - Apr 2 by lifelong

How bog he gets depends on his next move -
into he PL and he will go the way of Sinclair.
to a team like Leeds and he will be in and out depending on his goal rate
here he'll have time to develop and be allowed mistakes and quiet periods

If has real ambition and want to move he'd be better of playing in Europe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 17:55 - Apr 6 with 2872 viewsrockinjk

15m is fair

4m is a joke
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 2762 viewsKilkennyjack

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 17:55 - Apr 6 by rockinjk

15m is fair

4m is a joke

Yes - a player who gets you off your seat,

Looks like the agent is going for a large signing on fee for the player.

Beware of the Risen People

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:55 - Apr 6 with 2650 viewskrunchykarrot

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 14:00 - Apr 3 by Badlands

How bog he gets depends on his next move -
into he PL and he will go the way of Sinclair.
to a team like Leeds and he will be in and out depending on his goal rate
here he'll have time to develop and be allowed mistakes and quiet periods

If has real ambition and want to move he'd be better of playing in Europe.

Exactly great sensible post, i f i could advise him id see him stay at the Swans for another season to knock some rough edges off as for some of the values ive seen guestimated you're having a laugh. And as for his Stellar agents (look them up) they will put him where ever they get the bucks. Unsubstantiated rumours today at the ground say Bournmouth scouts have been sniffing around him and Rodon.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:08 - Apr 6 with 2616 viewsjasper_T

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 18:55 - Apr 6 by krunchykarrot

Exactly great sensible post, i f i could advise him id see him stay at the Swans for another season to knock some rough edges off as for some of the values ive seen guestimated you're having a laugh. And as for his Stellar agents (look them up) they will put him where ever they get the bucks. Unsubstantiated rumours today at the ground say Bournmouth scouts have been sniffing around him and Rodon.

Bournemouth were on the verge of taking Rodon over a year ago according to certain members of his family.
Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 20:53 - Apr 6 with 2445 viewskrunchykarrot

Dan James SWEP Back Page Latest on 19:08 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

Bournemouth were on the verge of taking Rodon over a year ago according to certain members of his family.

Well Jasper if they want to go there is nothing we can do , if Dan gets offered big bucks elsewhere his agents advise will be paramount. I hope GP sits him down and gives him the contract that will keep him for a season promotion tilt. Fans blaming Yanks Huw or anyone bar the players is ridiculous,its football/money for a classic example read M Vorm.

Just keep Potter because if you told me that i would be seeing this style of football at the beginning of the season i would have laughed and i think i'm seasoned .

So we are nearly t the point of truth are the Yanks going to stick or twist, Tell Trevor if you see him that we could have a right go next year with some investment and have a spine to stay put for a time. Again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024