Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon or CCV? 11:55 - Apr 6 with 2324 viewsjasper_T

Really good article here on the various qualities of ball-playing centre halves in the Championship.

https://medium.com/ram-blings/profiling-ball-playing-centre-backs-in-the-champio

The charts clearly show what we've all noticed by now: CCV is a very accomplished safe passer of the ball, while Joe Rodon is a more ambitious and creative option for unlocking teams. Also that vdH is class.

I'm hoping Joe features as much as possible (fitness permitting) between now and the end of the season, we've missed his influence on games even if CCV is probably the better player overall.
Rodon or CCV? on 11:56 - Apr 6 with 2318 viewscontroversial_jack

Rodon is good in the air, but a liability will ball at feet
Rodon or CCV? on 12:07 - Apr 6 with 2297 viewsBadlands

Next season, if he's still our player could well see Cabango leap frogging Joe to partner MVdHoorn.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rodon or CCV? on 12:12 - Apr 6 with 2278 viewsjackrmee

Rodon or CCV? on 12:07 - Apr 6 by Badlands

Next season, if he's still our player could well see Cabango leap frogging Joe to partner MVdHoorn.

Havent seen much of Ben, but surely not better than Joe?
Be good if he's anywhere near the quality needed to back him up though.
Purchase another young CB to compete and I'd be happy with that, if Cabango is as good as you say.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rodon or CCV? on 12:12 - Apr 6 with 2278 viewskrunchykarrot

As ive mentioned before, play Rodon for experience CCV is not ours so there is no benefit. We need to start bringing the youngsters on when Potter sees fit.
Rodon or CCV? on 12:15 - Apr 6 with 2271 viewsjasper_T

Rodon or CCV? on 12:12 - Apr 6 by jackrmee

Purchase another young CB to compete and I'd be happy with that, if Cabango is as good as you say.

Cabango's nowhere near Joe.
Rodon or CCV? on 12:16 - Apr 6 with 2262 viewscontroversial_jack

The Horn will be sold!
Rodon or CCV? on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 2246 viewstrinityann

I personally think Joe Rodon is our best centre half and just had a dip of form because of first season as a pro. He's bigger than the other two, quicker and better ball skills. I feel uncomfortable at set pieces with CCV in the side, he looks so small and with other small players on the pitch we are asking for trouble. You need two decent centre halfs to defend set pieces. We were always a liability defending set pieces with Ashley Willilams.
Rodon or CCV? on 13:18 - Apr 6 with 2204 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodon for me all day long. I don’t understand people thinking CCV is the safest option. He’s the most uncomfortable on the ball under any pressure - Mike and Joe are streets ahead. Just look at CCV’s numbers. High accuracy percentages but very low numbers passing forwards. It’s because most of his passing is simple sideways and backwards stuff just recycling along the back line under no pressure. To me it looks like we try not to expose him.

He came to us with a good reputation for being a ball playing CB, but our own boys show him up. That’s a credit to Mike and Joe, not a dig at CCV. I’m perfectly happy with him, just think Joe and Mike are far more cultured.

That’s my view based on ignorance anyway!
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon or CCV? on 13:26 - Apr 6 with 2187 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodon or CCV? on 12:16 - Apr 6 by controversial_jack

The Horn will be sold!

If the yanks get a decent offer there’ll be two horns for the price of one 🍆
Rodon or CCV? on 13:32 - Apr 6 with 2177 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rodon or CCV? on 13:18 - Apr 6 by LeonWasGod

Rodon for me all day long. I don’t understand people thinking CCV is the safest option. He’s the most uncomfortable on the ball under any pressure - Mike and Joe are streets ahead. Just look at CCV’s numbers. High accuracy percentages but very low numbers passing forwards. It’s because most of his passing is simple sideways and backwards stuff just recycling along the back line under no pressure. To me it looks like we try not to expose him.

He came to us with a good reputation for being a ball playing CB, but our own boys show him up. That’s a credit to Mike and Joe, not a dig at CCV. I’m perfectly happy with him, just think Joe and Mike are far more cultured.

That’s my view based on ignorance anyway!

Thats a far better better post than the rubbish that controversial bloke posted.

Rodon takes more risks with the ball at his feet when he brings it out - much like what Ashley Williams used to do. Yes he will get caught occasionally, especially given his inexperience, but it will help hugely to unlock teams in the midfield area when they park the bus up

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rodon or CCV? on 13:33 - Apr 6 with 2171 viewsFireboy2

Rodon or CCV? on 12:12 - Apr 6 by krunchykarrot

As ive mentioned before, play Rodon for experience CCV is not ours so there is no benefit. We need to start bringing the youngsters on when Potter sees fit.

This ^

As we arent going up or down we need play our own players unless we want ccv permanently
Rodon or CCV? on 13:37 - Apr 6 with 2168 viewsLeonWasGod

Rodon or CCV? on 13:32 - Apr 6 by PozuelosSideys

Thats a far better better post than the rubbish that controversial bloke posted.

Rodon takes more risks with the ball at his feet when he brings it out - much like what Ashley Williams used to do. Yes he will get caught occasionally, especially given his inexperience, but it will help hugely to unlock teams in the midfield area when they park the bus up

I think he’s a star in the making. Second season will be the real test to see if he can keep developing (one Connor’s having a few problems with since Christmas).

At the moment he looks like he could easily follow in Ben’s footsteps and end up at a very good club.

Although I also know nothing, so could be very wrong!
Rodon or CCV? on 21:56 - Apr 6 with 1978 viewshobo

Rodon or CCV? on 12:15 - Apr 6 by jasper_T

Cabango's nowhere near Joe.

Not yet, but he's 3 years younger!
Rodon or CCV? on 23:43 - Apr 6 with 1836 viewsBadlands

Rodon or CCV? on 12:12 - Apr 6 by jackrmee

I like Cabango - he's special in the same way Ampadu was / is.
Not that I care much but if Giggs has any sense he'll tie Ben to Wales.
He's very vocal and an organiser - more Ash than Mike.
I think a summer with the first squad and maybe the right loan for half a season would deliver us a fit rate CB next season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024