Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Wilmot - Watford 18:52 - Jul 24 with 9053 views34dfgdf54

I know it’s been mentioned in transfer thread, but thought the review he’s had by a Watford journalist fella on twitter deserves its own thread. Sounds the ticket!!

<<Will do a piece on Ben Wilmot to Swansea City, but in a tweet i am over the moon with the deal if it goes through. Can play as a DM or CB in the 4-2-3-1 formation Cooper will play. So gifted on the ball, he will suit right into Swansea’s style of play. Premier League quality imo

Absolutely bossed it against Spurs, Newcastle and Reading last season for Watford. Then went on loan to Udinese and faced the likes of Juventus and Lazio. At just 19 years of age, he has some experience under his belt. To miss out on Clarke-Salter and get Wilmot is a HUGE upgrade

Played more as a centre half at Stevenage, more of a central midfielder at Watford & did a bit of both at Udinese with their 3 at the back system. Awith Swansea’s lack of depth at centre half he proves majorly important, but a DM of Wilmot & Grimes would be the best in the league>>
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 12:24 - Jul 25 with 2074 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 11:56 - Jul 25 by Swanseaman

so far, i feel quite optimistic with the style of play cooper is working on, and that the players seem to be improving.

but i also feel pessimistic with the worry if we will lose mcburnie, vdh and borja or if they will stay.

with these american owners, i've got used to them messing up, so half of me is expecting this to happen again.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 11:57]

Only one of those three I'm really worried about about losing is VDH, and just hoping Wilmot wasn't brought in as a replacement.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 12:55 - Jul 25 with 1964 viewsFireboy2

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 12:24 - Jul 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Only one of those three I'm really worried about about losing is VDH, and just hoping Wilmot wasn't brought in as a replacement.

Same here tummer, if vdh leaves we will get bullied at the back with rodon and wilmot there.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:11 - Jul 25 with 1783 viewsBadlands

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 09:01 - Jul 25 by Gaz_M

Of course he's a back up to Rodon ffs!! He's 19 and it's a long season.

Did you think we were going to bench one of the leagues most promising centre half for a youngster from another clubs youth team?

Are you sure that will be the case ? Wilmot is being bigged up (and he may well be up to the billing) but Brentofrd will insist he plays. At Udenese he played to fulfil the terms of his loan, we did the same with Renato and Abraham neither of whom should have been given any serious game time.
He will not be warming the bench.
Van der Hoorn was a far better prospect than Mawson but Hoorn got benched.

If Van der Hoorn leaves we will have Rodon and Wilmot as our central pairing.
If Hoorn is injured or suspended it will be Rodon and Wilmot as our central pairing.
We already have three young CBs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 1759 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:11 - Jul 25 by Badlands

Are you sure that will be the case ? Wilmot is being bigged up (and he may well be up to the billing) but Brentofrd will insist he plays. At Udenese he played to fulfil the terms of his loan, we did the same with Renato and Abraham neither of whom should have been given any serious game time.

If Hoorn is injured or suspended it will be Rodon and Wilmot as our central pairing.

You're getting Watford and Brentford mixed up consistently at present fella.

Several of their fans think he's better than the options they have currently at CB and CDM aswell so he comes with seriously good reviews.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:20]
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:20 - Jul 25 with 1749 viewsGaz_M

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:11 - Jul 25 by Badlands

1. Brentford?
2. VDH was not a better prospect
3. He will not displace Rodon.
4. He played 5 games for Udinese, none of them for 90 minutes.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:36 - Jul 25 with 1680 viewsBadlands

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:20 - Jul 25 by Gaz_M

1. Brentford?
2. VDH was not a better prospect
3. He will not displace Rodon.
4. He played 5 games for Udinese, none of them for 90 minutes.

1 Watford. (Sorry didn't check my speller)
2 Matter of opinion - 77 appearances in the Eredivisie trumps a season in League 1and a couple of Championship games. But I concede VDH was not a better prospect ... he was a better player.
3 We'll see
4 Wilmot played 90 minutes away at Lazio.
(45 away at Juventus (L4-1); 45 away at AC D 1-1) 90 away at Lazio L2-0; 9 home to Inter D 0-0; 8 away to Cagliari W 2-1)
12 games on the bench.
Sanches and Wlmot played in 31 -34% of games (1/3 seems to be a minimum requirement.
The player may be incredible but I suspect not ... happy to be proven wrong.

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 1657 viewsTecmo

Would prefer to team him with Grimes in the midfield to start and move him to defense if Rodon or Hoorn are injured. I think that would be the strongest team.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 15:11 - Jul 25 with 1579 viewsraynor94

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 14:36 - Jul 25 by Badlands

1 Watford. (Sorry didn't check my speller)
2 Matter of opinion - 77 appearances in the Eredivisie trumps a season in League 1and a couple of Championship games. But I concede VDH was not a better prospect ... he was a better player.
3 We'll see
4 Wilmot played 90 minutes away at Lazio.
(45 away at Juventus (L4-1); 45 away at AC D 1-1) 90 away at Lazio L2-0; 9 home to Inter D 0-0; 8 away to Cagliari W 2-1)
12 games on the bench.
Sanches and Wlmot played in 31 -34% of games (1/3 seems to be a minimum requirement.
The player may be incredible but I suspect not ... happy to be proven wrong.

Ah, the happy to be proved wrong card!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 1526 viewsNotLoyal

Someone's off can't see it being Rodon.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 16:34 - Jul 25 with 1409 viewsSwanseaman

some tweets:

he’s good enough to start for us in the Prem already. I hope he has the chance to show what he can do in his favourite position.

Dear Swansea fans, he is precious! Please please look after @BenWilmot24 and remember to return him next May. Yellow is just his colour

Watched him against Lazio for Udinese and he was quality and all Watford fans i’ve spoken to have said they thought this would be the season he’d start featuring in the first team. Definitely seen more Watford fans sad to lose him than thinking he’s not good enough for the prem.

Very, very good mate. I was expecting him to play a part for us this season so a bit disappointed he’s gone out on loan again (last season he went to Udinese). Can play either centre half or centre mid. You’ll love him.

That’s your signing of the season. Gonna absolutely tear up the championship this year.

Take care of him for the season lads, he’s some player

signing of the summer for any championship club. f*cking incredible

Got one hell of a player on your hands for the season lads. I wanted him to stay and play for us and I’m pissed he isn’t. Hope he does well for you

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 1342 viewsairedale

Wonder if he will put in an appearance on Saturday, or would that be too soon?
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 17:36 - Jul 25 with 1254 viewsSwanseaman

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 16:56 - Jul 25 by airedale

Wonder if he will put in an appearance on Saturday, or would that be too soon?

probably depends how well he does in training, if he can fit into our style of play easily enough, it's possible he could get a run out.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 17:36]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 1143 viewsItchySphincter

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 12:08 - Jul 25 by Gaz_M

Long season. We don't play a defensive midfielder, we play 2 deeper playmakers. He'll be rotating in and out and get plenty of game time. Won't be a guaranteed starter.

F*ck me, tidy post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:51 - Jul 25 with 1003 viewsBadlands

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 15:29 - Jul 25 by NotLoyal

Someone's off can't see it being Rodon.

Sportsmole posted rumours about Rodon before he was injured.
'© Reuters
'Manchester City have reportedly identified Swansea City defender Joe Rodon as a potential transfer target.'

So who knows?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024