Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? 23:38 - Aug 2 with 1174 viewsChief

Don't get your hopes up for the season would be my advice, sadly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 00:04 - Aug 3 with 1119 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Some people are desperate for the Swans to fail just so they’ll can say “told you so! It’s the Americans fault”. Ffs go and watch Man City

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 00:57 - Aug 3 with 1063 viewsswan65split

Tip......1970ish we lost one our firt games 6-0 away to Exeter........end of season ? Promoted
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 04:32 - Aug 3 with 997 viewsSwanDownUnder

Pathetic post, f*cking Cardiff fans.
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 05:53 - Aug 3 with 968 viewsraynor94

That's the spirit pathetic!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 07:10 - Aug 3 with 882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 04:32 - Aug 3 by SwanDownUnder

Pathetic post, f*cking Cardiff fans.

Believe it or not he is actually one of ours!

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 07:21 - Aug 3 with 871 viewsThornburyswan

Decent though DJ was/is not sure I'd compare him to Siggy just yet, we will definitely miss Socks on & off the pitch but time yet to find some cover.

That said I guess it depends on what expectations you/we have for the coming season - obviously I'd love us to challenge for a top 6 spot but anywhere from 16/17th up would be acceptable.
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 07:40 - Aug 3 with 826 viewsJFSwan

Oli Mcburnie is no Llorente.
Dan James is no Gylfi.

Even in relative terms - quality of player relative to the division they don't come close. We NEEDED the quality of siggys crosses and we definitely needed the aerial brutality of Llorente.
Oli has nothing unique to the division. Cooper wants to move away from counter attack and keep the ball so that could help mitigate the loss of pace from James.
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 08:42 - Aug 3 with 718 viewsTreforys_Jack

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 00:04 - Aug 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Some people are desperate for the Swans to fail just so they’ll can say “told you so! It’s the Americans fault”. Ffs go and watch Man City

Top post.
Login to get fewer ads

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:11 - Aug 3 with 655 viewsyescomeon

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 07:40 - Aug 3 by JFSwan

Dan James is no Gylfi.

Even in relative terms - quality of player relative to the division they don't come close. We NEEDED the quality of siggys crosses and we definitely needed the aerial brutality of Llorente.
Oli has nothing unique to the division. Cooper wants to move away from counter attack and keep the ball so that could help mitigate the loss of pace from James.

I'm pretty much on board with what you're saying. I mightn't go as far to say Oli is irreplaceable but he offered goals, link up play and motivation on and off the pitch all in one package. We'll be extremely hard pushed to find a single player to replace those things.

I think the goals can be found elsewhere in the squad, perhaps too the link up play. Harder to comment on the moral / motivation aspect by the void he'll leave there gives the opportunity for someone else to step into. One thing is for certain, the squad needs another striker, I'm pretty sure we'll get one.

Upthecity!

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:20 - Aug 3 with 631 viewsmonmouth

Let’s just wait and see. The uncertainty is what football’s all about. I remember extreme gloom when we were beaten 2-0 at Hull in Rodgers first game. It’s a long season. League is wide open.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:40 - Aug 3 with 595 viewsItchySphincter

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 00:57 - Aug 3 by swan65split

Tip......1970ish we lost one our firt games 6-0 away to Exeter........end of season ? Promoted

Last season, first game, we beat Sheff Utd at their place, didn't we?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:42 - Aug 3 with 590 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:20 - Aug 3 by monmouth

Let’s just wait and see. The uncertainty is what football’s all about. I remember extreme gloom when we were beaten 2-0 at Hull in Rodgers first game. It’s a long season. League is wide open.

In the WOL Cardiff season preview we weren’t even mentioned as challengers. I think this is where a lot of our supporters get their negativity jack up from.

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:42 - Aug 3 with 589 viewsItchySphincter

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 07:40 - Aug 3 by JFSwan

Dan James is no Gylfi.

I'm gutted to lose McBurnie, more so than James, but you make a very good post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:43 - Aug 3 with 588 viewssherpajacob

We haven't sold our best player.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:51 - Aug 3 with 569 viewsdameedna

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:43 - Aug 3 by sherpajacob

We haven't sold our best player.

Andre
What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:55 - Aug 3 with 560 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chief must be busy. Or cringing to himself

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 547 viewsDr_Winston

What happened last time we sold our best player&top scorer in the same window? on 09:20 - Aug 3 by monmouth

We were nailed on for relegation this time last season according to many.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024