Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I walked around town for the first time in years today... 15:07 - Oct 15 with 8204 viewsGammon

And the city is an eyesore. Let’s face it - Swansea city centre is a sh*thole.

I spend a lot of time in Bristol and Cardiff with work and they’re simply on a different planet compared to the drab, depressing city which Swansea is now.

I couldn’t get over how many shops were closed in town, and how quiet it was. And the few people who were ‘shopping’ were either drunk, high on some kind of banned substance or unemployed.

No suits or city types anywhere - just homeless, people drinking and smoking drugs.

Boarded up shops everywhere. A million Greggs, Costas and that’s about it.

The council need sacking - all of them.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 15:09]
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 10:07 - Oct 23 with 1091 viewsLeonWasGod

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 00:42 - Oct 19 by TNT

You step off the train, and yes the fairly short route to The Marina and Swansea Bay needs Welsh Government funding. Once there, the natural beauty unfolds before your very eyes.

Blindfold might be the best option for that stretch from the station! No wonder visiting fans sing 'Swansea's a sh*thole'.

But yep, the Bay and immediate surroundings are pretty special. Makes the scruffy City Centre a bit irrelevant really.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:46 - Oct 23 with 1004 viewslonglostjack

Get rid of that big screen on Castle Square too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 22:56 - Oct 23 with 975 viewscontroversial_jack

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:46 - Oct 23 by longlostjack

Get rid of that big screen on Castle Square too.

Swansea centre is just like any valleys town on a bigger scale
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 23:12 - Oct 23 with 959 viewsHumpty

I drove down to Singleton Hospital about dinner time yesterday. Sunny day and the tide was right in. Name me another city of a comparative size to Swansea that has natural beauty like that.

I'm not from Swansea BTW, though not that far away. Some people don't realize how lucky they are.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 09:04 - Oct 24 with 890 viewsDr_Winston

Imagine the difference this money could make if invested in Swansea or another Welsh urban area, instead of pissed down the drain in yet more subsidy for Cardiff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-50127123

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 19:43 - Oct 27 with 726 viewsfelixstowe_jack

With the number of cranes dotted around the city centre and all the new buildings going up swansea is improving. The new delvelopements in the high street of the last 5 years are a definite improvement. Once the kingsway and orchard roadworks and landscaping are completed it will be greatly improved.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:11 - Oct 27 with 697 viewsraynor94

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 10:07 - Oct 23 by LeonWasGod

Blindfold might be the best option for that stretch from the station! No wonder visiting fans sing 'Swansea's a sh*thole'.

But yep, the Bay and immediate surroundings are pretty special. Makes the scruffy City Centre a bit irrelevant really.

I certainly don't recognize your description of High street from the Grand, it's vastly improved over the last couple of years, and once the two student accommodations are finished it will give a whole new vibe to the place

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 18:51 - Oct 28 with 613 viewsjack2jack

The quality of the new builds is fvckin appauling.
They won't be around in 100 years time, they'll probably dissolve in the rain before then,shite.
Login to get fewer ads

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 23:48 - Oct 28 with 537 viewsPegojack

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 19:43 - Oct 27 by felixstowe_jack

With the number of cranes dotted around the city centre and all the new buildings going up swansea is improving. The new delvelopements in the high street of the last 5 years are a definite improvement. Once the kingsway and orchard roadworks and landscaping are completed it will be greatly improved.

Talking of the Kingsway, I drove along it this morning to get my old mum as close as possible to the Yorkshire BS for her to sort some financials out.
I did exactly the same thing a year ago, and it was like deja vu all over again! Absolutely feck all has changed. The road is still being torn up, workmen everywhere with pneumatic drills, those irritating red and white moulded plastic fence things all over the place.
As Denzil might say "What in SWANZEE is goyin on? Eh?"
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:49 - Oct 29 with 415 viewsdickythorpe

Plenty of people about shopping today in Swansea. Popped into Debenhams, m&s, Waterstones. All people on the tills i encountered were a credit and full of chat and made me feel good about my purchases.
Waterstones looked like it has a nice cafe any good?

Nipped down to Pennard Stores and had a coffee in the coffe shop. Quite busy down there, great selection of Welsh ales and spirits.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 16:52]
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 17:10 - Oct 29 with 395 viewslifelong

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:49 - Oct 29 by dickythorpe

Plenty of people about shopping today in Swansea. Popped into Debenhams, m&s, Waterstones. All people on the tills i encountered were a credit and full of chat and made me feel good about my purchases.
Waterstones looked like it has a nice cafe any good?

Nipped down to Pennard Stores and had a coffee in the coffe shop. Quite busy down there, great selection of Welsh ales and spirits.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 16:52]

I was also in town today, the market was busy, bought some excellent meat and veg.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024