Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 15:00 - Nov 11 with 5679 viewsTenbySwan

Have the Welsh Nationalists taken over the FAW?

Just received an e mail from them , in ENGLISH, highlighting the new CYMRU shirt and all the upcoming matches for CYMRU men, women and youth.
Cymru v Hungary etc

The e mail is headlined. "It's here the new CYMRU shirt"

What the fecking hell is wrong with calling us Wales?

Has this been agreed with UEFA?
Wales on 19:39 - Nov 12 with 893 viewsJack11

Wales on 19:23 - Nov 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Because it would be too popular and risk killing the English sections of the forum.

By that logic S4C should have higher viewing figures than the English language channels which of course it doesn't. When there's a choice between English and Welsh content in Wales, English will always be the higher volume and that's a proven fact. The idea to have a Welsh section of the forum is a good one but I think some need to ask why there isn't one separate to this place if there is such startling demand for it.
Wales on 20:48 - Nov 12 with 853 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Wales on 19:14 - Nov 11 by builthjack

Sky have been referring to us as Cymru since the Croatia and Hungary games back in June

Wales on 20:49 - Nov 12 with 850 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Wales on 19:22 - Nov 11 by TenbySwan

Disagree. I have watched the last couple of Wales games on Sky and not heard it once.

Also check their list of live fixtures.

Azerbaijan v WALES. Saturday.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:25]

Ffs.
Wales on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 833 viewsBarrySwan

Wales on 19:21 - Nov 12 by SgorioFruit

finally, someone gets it
Can we make this happen please planetswans?
We used to have one before didn't we?
And them lot up the road who couldn't decide to play in blue or red have their own Cymraeg section, why cant we?

I do stand to be corrected but wasn't the last one shut down due to lack of use?

Its a bit like S4C, its not English speakers not watching it that results in so many of its shows having an official zero audience rating but presumably Welsh speakers who are not enamoured with hours and hours of clog dancing and children repeating prose with ridiculously animated facial expressions.

Chuck in the staple Saturday night 5 hours of national eisteddfod repeats interspersed with regular episodes of the Welsh young farmers eisteddfod when the S4C programmers have eventually run out of footage of the 'national' and there's a little clue as to why nobody, Welsh or English speaking watches the 'National' channel of Wales which has to be so massively subsidised by the English Scottish and Northern Irish BBC licence fee payers as well as general taxpayers from the rest of the UK as well as Wales.

Having said that I'm all in favour of a Welsh speaking forum. Hopefully it will be fully utilised this time as there appears to be so much demand for it.
Wales on 21:39 - Nov 12 with 814 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 21:23 - Nov 12 by BarrySwan

I do stand to be corrected but wasn't the last one shut down due to lack of use?

Its a bit like S4C, its not English speakers not watching it that results in so many of its shows having an official zero audience rating but presumably Welsh speakers who are not enamoured with hours and hours of clog dancing and children repeating prose with ridiculously animated facial expressions.

Chuck in the staple Saturday night 5 hours of national eisteddfod repeats interspersed with regular episodes of the Welsh young farmers eisteddfod when the S4C programmers have eventually run out of footage of the 'national' and there's a little clue as to why nobody, Welsh or English speaking watches the 'National' channel of Wales which has to be so massively subsidised by the English Scottish and Northern Irish BBC licence fee payers as well as general taxpayers from the rest of the UK as well as Wales.

Having said that I'm all in favour of a Welsh speaking forum. Hopefully it will be fully utilised this time as there appears to be so much demand for it.

Of course the content of S4C can be as modern as any other channel. More funding for that ? Great idea.

I mean there is some total shite on the English language channels. Please feel free to mock that. Tell you what start with BBC bias - like the sycophancy to the Royals, the aiding of Brexit via the Calais camps, and now the recutting of Johnson on the Remembrance Sunday. Vile.
Lets not mention the blind eye turned to Rolf Harries and Savile and the rest.

Taxpayers ? Yes good thing to look at. Take railways. For every £1 spent in so called ‘england and wales’ then Scotland gets money and the north of Ireland gets money. Wales pays in but gets nothing back as the schemes are cross rail, east coast, hs2 etc. The poorest area in the uk is subsidising the richest. Well done for raising this important issue. Cymru rydd.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 21:44 - Nov 12 with 808 viewsHumpty

I'm not a Welsh speaker myself but I'll never understand the animosity some English speakers have for the Welsh language.

Does it really bother anyone that much if the FAW use the word Cymru? We all know what it means FFS.
Wales on 21:48 - Nov 12 with 801 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 21:44 - Nov 12 by Humpty

I'm not a Welsh speaker myself but I'll never understand the animosity some English speakers have for the Welsh language.

Does it really bother anyone that much if the FAW use the word Cymru? We all know what it means FFS.

Great post.

Fecking snowflakes mun ....
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 22:24 - Nov 12 with 784 viewsSgorioFruit

And that my friend finishes all debate.
Lock the thread.

Top posting.

Diolch

(and bring us our welsh forum back please planet swans)

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 22:42 - Nov 12 with 776 viewsBadlands

Sub-conscious embarrassment that others have something they don't, the deep seated knowledge they haven't the capacity and a willingness to be a slave class ... maybe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales on 22:50 - Nov 12 with 774 viewsbuilthjack

Well said. Some just wouldn't understand.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 23:10 - Nov 12 with 767 viewsTNT

Wales on 21:24 - Nov 11 by Jack59

Less than 10% of the population dictating what the rest of us have to put up with.
Only a matter of time before the nutters want us renamed to Abertawe F.C.

Come on you Abers! What a joke! The problem is that it's far from funny

If you think, 'Come on you Abers' means 'Come on you Swans' you'd be mistaken.

Swans = Elyrch.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024