Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Post-match Presser 23:02 - Nov 23 with 2798 viewsYossarian

Appreciate his loyalty to the players- but Cooper appears to be at a loss to explain what’s going wrong consistently at home - but admittedly the questions are painfully bland.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cooper Post-match Presser on 00:54 - Nov 24 with 2687 viewsBadlands

My take get back to comments he made early on - that everything they do in training is about winning. Not a bad attitude unless thee is so much pressure on players not to make mistakes that they become afraid to play.
Millwall were hard to break down today and then there was the problem of having a 5' 9" centre forward competing for crosses (had any come in) against CBs of 6'4" & 6'5".
The only creative player on the pitch who was trying to be different was Routledge (not succeeding often but nothing around him in the way no support) nd he was replaced by the plodding and predictable Peterson at half time.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper Post-match Presser on 01:05 - Nov 24 with 2679 viewsNeathJack

Cooper Post-match Presser on 00:54 - Nov 24 by Badlands

My take get back to comments he made early on - that everything they do in training is about winning. Not a bad attitude unless thee is so much pressure on players not to make mistakes that they become afraid to play.
Millwall were hard to break down today and then there was the problem of having a 5' 9" centre forward competing for crosses (had any come in) against CBs of 6'4" & 6'5".
The only creative player on the pitch who was trying to be different was Routledge (not succeeding often but nothing around him in the way no support) nd he was replaced by the plodding and predictable Peterson at half time.

Have you considered any other sports to follow as football really isn't your strong point?
Cooper Post-match Presser on 06:16 - Nov 24 with 2616 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Post-match Presser on 00:54 - Nov 24 by Badlands

Peterson was our best player yesterday.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper Post-match Presser on 08:45 - Nov 24 with 2480 viewskarnataka

Cooper Post-match Presser on 06:16 - Nov 24 by TimTtam

I thought he did well too.
Cooper Post-match Presser on 08:52 - Nov 24 with 2463 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper Post-match Presser on 06:16 - Nov 24 by TimTtam

He wasn't our best, but he did show again why it's a total mystery as to why he's featured so little this season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:16 - Nov 24 with 2336 viewsmonmouth

Cooper Post-match Presser on 08:52 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

He wasn't our best, but he did show again why it's a total mystery as to why he's featured so little this season.

Ayew was our best player yesterday. Head and shoulders.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:21 - Nov 24 with 2327 viewsBest_loser

If the swans got promoted this season

How many of the players would still be wanted

Might explain why some teams don't look like they can be bothered sometimes
Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 2299 viewsmonmouth

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:21 - Nov 24 by Best_loser

The only point of promotion this year would be to sort out the finances. We wouldn’t be staying there. When we went up last time we only needed a few additions. Now it would be about 11 players!

That’s the reason I’d like to go up, to rectify the financial w*nkery. I doubt we’d get many points, even if stranger things have happened. That terrible Crudiff team got 30 odd after all.

We’re not going up though, sorry to say. Not good enough, even in this league.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:40 - Nov 24 with 2283 viewsJinxy

The more I think about this the simpler it gets. Away, when there's less pressure we perform well, and to our potential. At home we look terrified on the ball - nobody wants to receive a pass, make a run, or take someone on where there's a fair chance it may not come off (the stick from the crowd doesn't help either). Instead, they resort to simpler square passes, time and time again which of course leads to the opposition regrouping etc.. I think that's a pressure thing.

Is Cooper being 100% honest when he says he/they are focused on performances rather than results? This happened under Clement - in the end no-one could cross a ball.

ps also if, as someone else mentioned, we are not practicing the passing interchanges as much as we did under Potter, then this is not a good recipe!
Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:51 - Nov 24 with 2264 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:21 - Nov 24 by Best_loser

I honestly don't think we'll get promoted this season, I don't even think we'll be that close and that's not a knee jerk reaction from yesterday's shambles.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper Post-match Presser on 11:02 - Nov 24 with 2244 viewsFireboy2

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:51 - Nov 24 by Joe_bradshaw

I honestly don't think we'll get promoted this season, I don't even think we'll be that close and that's not a knee jerk reaction from yesterday's shambles.

I think the problem is we are in a false position, as someone has said, we are playing half decent away from home as there isnt as much pressure, whereas at home theres quite a bit of pressure, especially to beat teams like stoke, reading and millwall as we are in the play off positions so they are too scared to try things.

Over the next few months especially in january, we will slowly drop down the league and find our true position, possibly 10th - 15th, which is a damn shame as with 2 or three decent players we would be challenging for the top 2.
Cooper Post-match Presser on 11:56 - Nov 24 with 2194 viewskrunchykarrot

Cooper Post-match Presser on 10:16 - Nov 24 by monmouth

Ayew was our best player yesterday. Head and shoulders.

Don't be ridiculous, Ayew was useless not worth $80 a week.
Cooper Post-match Presser on 12:55 - Nov 24 with 2141 viewsgiantstoneater

Why does everyone see yesterday's comments as a knee jerk reaction when, in truth,apart from the Cardiff game our home from has been poor. Although the midfield was poor yesterday the movement from the front three was non existent and sometimes we need to be stronger on the ball. Somebody has already said we are Premier supporters who have been spoilt but we were also blessed in players who weren't afraid to put a foot in!!
Cooper Post-match Presser on 13:16 - Nov 24 with 2114 viewskrunchykarrot

Cooper Post-match Presser on 12:55 - Nov 24 by giantstoneater

Why does everyone see yesterday's comments as a knee jerk reaction when, in truth,apart from the Cardiff game our home from has been poor. Although the midfield was poor yesterday the movement from the front three was non existent and sometimes we need to be stronger on the ball. Somebody has already said we are Premier supporters who have been spoilt but we were also blessed in players who weren't afraid to put a foot in!!

We were bullied from start to finish, I've said before on here you can't play Routs Dyer and Ayew. Byers and Grimes struggled from the get go. Where was Celina supposed to be playing? Ayey yesterday was a disgrace we should have scored early on if he hadnt been selfish and shot. Incredibly he then made out it was a pass. He then went missing, chasing does passbacks taking himself out of the game. He tracked back twice after subs and that was it.Shocking!
Cooper Post-match Presser on 14:53 - Nov 24 with 2032 viewsploppy

Cooper Post-match Presser on 13:16 - Nov 24 by krunchykarrot

We were bullied from start to finish, I've said before on here you can't play Routs Dyer and Ayew. Byers and Grimes struggled from the get go. Where was Celina supposed to be playing? Ayey yesterday was a disgrace we should have scored early on if he hadnt been selfish and shot. Incredibly he then made out it was a pass. He then went missing, chasing does passbacks taking himself out of the game. He tracked back twice after subs and that was it.Shocking!

Got to disagree - we weren't bullied yesterday, which surprised me because I was expecting to be. We were just inept. We didn't have enough of the ball to be bullied. Millwall passed it around for fun at times. Got to disagree about Ayew too - he was probably our best player, but that's not saying much.
Cooper Post-match Presser on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 2008 views34dfgdf54

Cooper Post-match Presser on 14:53 - Nov 24 by ploppy

Got to disagree - we weren't bullied yesterday, which surprised me because I was expecting to be. We were just inept. We didn't have enough of the ball to be bullied. Millwall passed it around for fun at times. Got to disagree about Ayew too - he was probably our best player, but that's not saying much.

I actually think we deal better with sides that come direct at us, which is strange as years gone by we sometimes buckled against the bigger physical sides. Margetson has improved our set piece defending no end aswell.

When sides come here and try and play through the midfield, they get success as our central midfield players are invisible without the ball.
Cooper Post-match Presser on 20:15 - Nov 24 with 1854 viewsBadlands

Cooper Post-match Presser on 01:05 - Nov 24 by NeathJack

Have you considered any other sports to follow as football really isn't your strong point?

If you think Peterson is the answer the question had nothing to do with football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024