Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby points deduction? 18:28 - Jan 16 with 2376 viewsJoe_bradshaw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Derby points deduction? on 19:14 - Jan 16 with 2225 viewsmajorraglan

Didn’t QPR avoid a sanction for breaching the rules by getting promoted, only for it to catch up with the, when they came back down? If Villa have breached the rules it will catch up with them on their return, but they will have an enormous Parachute Payment to help cushion the blow.

These breaches need to be addressed by serious points deductions.
Derby points deduction? on 19:49 - Jan 16 with 2151 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Derby seem to have got around it by selling their ground worth £ 40m to their owners for £ 80m to show only a small loss for the last three years instead of a loss great than the FP limit.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Derby points deduction? on 14:40 - Jan 17 with 1782 viewsTimTtam

Going by the rules and regulations, Derby have done nothing wrong, as they posted a profit in the last financial year. Morally though, they're cheating b@stards and deserve a 21 point deduction. Don't even get me started with 32Red paying Rooney's wages.

Would be interesting if Wednesday and Derby get 21pt deductions. The bottom 3 would be:
22nd - Sheffield Wednesday 21pts
23rd - Luton 21pts
24th - Derby 13pts

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Derby points deduction? on 15:05 - Jan 17 with 1740 viewsVincent_Vega

Stoke are praying for it..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Derby points deduction? on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 1475 viewsCatullus

Derby points deduction? on 14:40 - Jan 17 by TimTtam

Going by the rules and regulations, Derby have done nothing wrong, as they posted a profit in the last financial year. Morally though, they're cheating b@stards and deserve a 21 point deduction. Don't even get me started with 32Red paying Rooney's wages.

Would be interesting if Wednesday and Derby get 21pt deductions. The bottom 3 would be:
22nd - Sheffield Wednesday 21pts
23rd - Luton 21pts
24th - Derby 13pts

I believe the issue is that Derby had their ground down as an asset worth 41 million yet a company belonging to their owner bought the ground for 80 million.
Derby are saying the EFL signed off on the deal and cannot do anything retrospective even though they have now decided it was wrong.
Legally it may not be wrong but it was totally against the spirit of the EFL rules. Now the EFL say it's against their rules. It'll be interesting. If the EFL wins the case other clubs will get punished too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby points deduction? on 19:09 - Jan 18 with 1442 viewslonglostjack

Derby points deduction? on 18:54 - Jan 18 by Catullus

I believe the issue is that Derby had their ground down as an asset worth 41 million yet a company belonging to their owner bought the ground for 80 million.
Derby are saying the EFL signed off on the deal and cannot do anything retrospective even though they have now decided it was wrong.
Legally it may not be wrong but it was totally against the spirit of the EFL rules. Now the EFL say it's against their rules. It'll be interesting. If the EFL wins the case other clubs will get punished too.

Hope they do. How pathetic from the EFL for not raising objections at the time though. Don’t the EFL have lawyers? They sound like a bunch of blazer boys.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Derby points deduction? on 21:18 - Jan 18 with 1328 viewsmajorraglan

EFL, like the Rugby Premiership need to get their house in order. Rules need to be cast iron and robust and any cheating needs to be dealt with firmly, points deductions and or relegation.
Derby points deduction? on 21:28 - Jan 18 with 1298 viewsCatullus

Derby points deduction? on 21:18 - Jan 18 by majorraglan

EFL, like the Rugby Premiership need to get their house in order. Rules need to be cast iron and robust and any cheating needs to be dealt with firmly, points deductions and or relegation.

Not just the EFL. ALl of them from FIFA and UEFA right down to 'non' leagues need proper governance.
There's lots of dodgy dealings going on in the EPL, Chelsea got caught but they surely aren't the only ones.
What Derby did is really no different to what Real Madrid did. La Liga has had dodgy deslings too,

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

Football worldwide needs cleaning up but then, FIFA needs cleaning up too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Derby points deduction? on 21:40 - Jan 18 with 1274 viewsDr_Winston

Derby points deduction? on 21:28 - Jan 18 by Catullus

Not just the EFL. ALl of them from FIFA and UEFA right down to 'non' leagues need proper governance.
There's lots of dodgy dealings going on in the EPL, Chelsea got caught but they surely aren't the only ones.
What Derby did is really no different to what Real Madrid did. La Liga has had dodgy deslings too,

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

Football worldwide needs cleaning up but then, FIFA needs cleaning up too.

Agreed.

As soon as Infantino siezed control of FIFA it was obvious that it was going to be "Business as Usual". Any worthwhile change from the Blatter era would have resulted in a lot more upheaval and the stripping of the World Cup from Qatar.

There is no real desire at the top of the game to deal with issues from financial mismanagement to racism. When clubs can still get fined more for sponsorship infractions than the behaviour of their fans then it's game over.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Derby points deduction? on 21:48 - Jan 18 with 1253 viewsJacket

Derby points deduction? on 21:40 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

As soon as Infantino siezed control of FIFA it was obvious that it was going to be "Business as Usual". Any worthwhile change from the Blatter era would have resulted in a lot more upheaval and the stripping of the World Cup from Qatar.

There is no real desire at the top of the game to deal with issues from financial mismanagement to racism. When clubs can still get fined more for sponsorship infractions than the behaviour of their fans then it's game over.

Just look at this summer's Euros. More host countries = more brown envelopes. The whole thing's rotten to the core unfortunately.
Derby points deduction? on 04:19 - Jan 19 with 1149 viewsTimTtam

Yep, spot on. Morally Derby should be punished to the max, as they have blatantly cheated the system along with Aston Villa, Reading, and Sheff. Wednesday, but the EFL have no rules in place to stop this. Hypothetically, a team could sell their stadium valued at 20M for 100M, and then the new owner could lease it back, or sell it back the next season once they are promoted.

There's a common denominator with many of the issues in football lately. The EFL. They are not fit for purpose. If Derby are punished, the EFL are corrupt. If they aren't punished, then the EFL's FFP rules are a farce.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024