Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Substitutions 14:32 - Feb 3 with 1559 viewsNWSwans

I've seen it mentioned in other threads and apologies if its already had its own.

Whats with the lack of them, Saturday was screaming out for someone to come on and take control in the final third, maybe Dhanda who is always a little more direct, and yet the only one he makes was Fulton and then Cullen with 3 mins to go, couldn't believe it.

Does he have little trust in the options on the bench or is he fearing losing the game?
Substitutions on 15:13 - Feb 3 with 1517 viewsTimTtam

Based on his press conferences, post-match interviews, and team selections, it seems Cooper has a lot of faith in his players. Too much faith. He thinks that if he sticks with the XI that is out there, that they will eventually make something happen.

Yet some of our best results have come from subs:
- Byers scored to put us 2-1 up against Preston
- Surridge scored the sealer against QPR
- Routledge scored the 90th minute winner against Leeds
- Surridge scored the stoppage time winner against Wigan
- Byers scored a consolation goal against QPR in the cup

He needs to understand that players will get tired after 60 mins, especially wingers. Get someone on early in the 2nd half unless we have a 2 goal lead.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Substitutions on 15:17 - Feb 3 with 1507 viewsJinxy

Don't go there, although I agree. I'm tired of watching and talking about it. Very frustrating! I tell you what mind, why on earth don't the journos ask him that question in pre and post match interviews?
Substitutions on 15:18 - Feb 3 with 1503 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Substitutions on 15:13 - Feb 3 by TimTtam

Based on his press conferences, post-match interviews, and team selections, it seems Cooper has a lot of faith in his players. Too much faith. He thinks that if he sticks with the XI that is out there, that they will eventually make something happen.

He needs to understand that players will get tired after 60 mins, especially wingers. Get someone on early in the 2nd half unless we have a 2 goal lead.

Especially when the opposition have got 3 sets of fresh legs on and possibly tactical changes as well.
Substitutions on 15:41 - Feb 3 with 1469 viewsjack247

Substitutions on 15:13 - Feb 3 by TimTtam

He tends to make like for like changes when players tire rather than tactical adjustments. I’m not sure it’s too much faith as much as lack of confidence to try something different.

There have been occasions when he needed to make changes and didn’t. Brewster looked out on his feet at Cardiff and a few others were tiring. We didn’t make any changes, they made two attacking substitutions and looked better for the last 20 minutes than the first 70. Can’t remember who it was against, but one of the home games just before Christmas, Roberts was shot towards the end and couldn’t chase back properly. Cooper did make subs, but kept Roberts on. I’m no expert, but sometimes changes just look really obvious.
Substitutions on 17:09 - Feb 3 with 1400 viewsNWSwans

I'd also wouldn't mind if we were tearing teams apart and you didn't want to upset the flow but its not like that.

Celina had a poor game on Saturday IMO, need to be taken off after 60 mins maybe even half time, I lost count of the amount of times he lost possession.

Brewster's first run in a pro team and hes played something like 355 out of 360 mins available.

Squad rotation is key in this league, and although the quality in them was poor, our squad depth all left in Jan.
Substitutions on 18:26 - Feb 3 with 1317 viewsNeath_Jack

One, he's happy with a draw result and two, he has no clue about in game management. He's a coach not a manager. One dimensional safety first, and safety second and third

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Substitutions on 20:31 - Feb 3 with 1202 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It seems logical in a tactical, athletic sport to use substitutes
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 20:31]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024