Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accounts are out 13:10 - Feb 7 with 18940 viewsDr_Winston

Feel free to believe or not. FWIW it's broadly what I was expecting. James & McBurnie sales gave us some breathing space.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-confirm-latest-accounts

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 07:36 - Feb 9 with 2204 viewsTimTtam

Accounts are out on 14:45 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Yes, there are entries on the accounts on Companies House for debts/credits falling due within 12 months, and beyond that.

Thanks.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Accounts are out on 07:44 - Feb 9 with 2196 viewsTimTtam

Accounts are out on 14:30 - Feb 8 by SwanDownUnder

I think we know who TimTam is

Yep, you got me.

My name is Matt

Accounts are out on 12:47 - Feb 9 with 2147 viewsShaky

Accounts are out on 20:20 - Feb 7 by PozuelosSideys

Given the amount that was spent on shite in the PL in the last couple of seasons, plus the stupid amount of bunce spent on the wage bill (around 90% of income wasnt it?) in that division, plus all the contracts which we were still paying PL wages in the championship, i think we look to be in a pretty good position - at least better than expected.

It helps that we are still a top half/Play off team and havent completly tanked off the face of the earth a la Sunderland - which should have been our biggest fear. Lucky we had James and Olly around. The Academy/U23 coming up dividends. Can you imagine the hole we would be in if we didnt have those two players come through like they did? We would be down £40m and potentially forced to send out players on loan (Ayew) whilst still paying chunks of their salaries

You think the financial position is better than you expected? Unfortunately that's because you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about.

But you are quite clearly not alone in that situation, so my thoughts are as follows:

The sparse comments imply an operating loss of £34.7 million versus my old expectation of a loss of £31m. However, that used a slightly larger player ammortation figure, so adjusting for that the results are largely in line with my - infinitely superior - expectations.

But the far more interesting aspect of what is going on involves the balance sheet. I have forecast net debt of around £50 million, and if you assume McBurnie's fee is paid in full you get to £32m.

Haven't been paying attention to player movements, but it doesn't look like there has been much investment which is clearly not sustainable so there must be material outflows to come.

Time is growing short to secure promotion and with the - in my view - greatest asset Potter gone, the financial position remains seriously risky.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Accounts are out on 12:56 - Feb 9 with 2133 viewsShaky

. . .oops, nope, on second thought strike my comments on the net debt forecast, looks like I hadn't updated that in my model

Misology -- It's a bitch

Accounts are out on 12:57 - Feb 9 with 2134 viewsWarwickHunt

Accounts are out on 12:47 - Feb 9 by Shaky

You think the financial position is better than you expected? Unfortunately that's because you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about.

But you are quite clearly not alone in that situation, so my thoughts are as follows:

The sparse comments imply an operating loss of £34.7 million versus my old expectation of a loss of £31m. However, that used a slightly larger player ammortation figure, so adjusting for that the results are largely in line with my - infinitely superior - expectations.

But the far more interesting aspect of what is going on involves the balance sheet. I have forecast net debt of around £50 million, and if you assume McBurnie's fee is paid in full you get to £32m.

Haven't been paying attention to player movements, but it doesn't look like there has been much investment which is clearly not sustainable so there must be material outflows to come.

Time is growing short to secure promotion and with the - in my view - greatest asset Potter gone, the financial position remains seriously risky.

Welcome back, Shakes.
Accounts are out on 13:01 - Feb 9 with 2127 viewsWarwickHunt

Accounts are out on 14:30 - Feb 8 by SwanDownUnder

I think we know who TimTam is

Wait a minute...

Accounts are out on 13:03 - Feb 9 with 2121 viewsShaky

Accounts are out on 12:57 - Feb 9 by WarwickHunt

Welcome back, Shakes.

Thanks, but don't count on it!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Accounts are out on 13:08 - Feb 9 with 2115 viewsShaky

. . the figures mentioned imply a profit on player sales of north of £30 million and what I don't get is how to reach that number.

I am only getting to around a third of that total, but I must be missing some large profits on players sold during the summer or last January??

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Accounts are out on 13:15 - Feb 9 with 2106 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 13:08 - Feb 9 by Shaky

. . the figures mentioned imply a profit on player sales of north of £30 million and what I don't get is how to reach that number.

I am only getting to around a third of that total, but I must be missing some large profits on players sold during the summer or last January??

Are you measuring profit as fee received vs fee originally paid, or as the accounts would show with fee received vs fee paid less time served (the book value of a £15m player halfway through his contract would be £7.5m)?
Accounts are out on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 2087 viewsShaky

Accounts are out on 13:15 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

Are you measuring profit as fee received vs fee originally paid, or as the accounts would show with fee received vs fee paid less time served (the book value of a £15m player halfway through his contract would be £7.5m)?

As per accounts.

Must be Daniel James I didn't have in.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Accounts are out on 13:25 - Feb 9 with 2085 viewsShaky

OT -- Can't believe the shareholder legal action seemingly hasn't progressed a nanometre since I last looked in.

Incredible, Jeff.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Accounts are out on 13:38 - Feb 9 with 2070 viewsCooperman

Accounts are out on 13:25 - Feb 9 by Shaky

OT -- Can't believe the shareholder legal action seemingly hasn't progressed a nanometre since I last looked in.

Incredible, Jeff.

I am sure that you have been looking in. You just haven't logged in.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Accounts are out on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 2064 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 13:23 - Feb 9 by Shaky

As per accounts.

Must be Daniel James I didn't have in.

That would make a pretty big difference, yeah.
Accounts are out on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 2052 viewsShaky

Accounts are out on 13:38 - Feb 9 by Cooperman

I am sure that you have been looking in. You just haven't logged in.

If you think me capable of refraining from taking the piss about that, you see me as more saintly than I actually am

Misology -- It's a bitch

Accounts are out on 14:03 - Feb 9 with 2036 viewsNookiejack

Accounts are out on 13:25 - Feb 9 by Shaky

Incredible, Jeff.

Must be coming up to 4 years since the Takeover.

Hopefully legal action will kick off very shortly.
Accounts are out on 17:45 - Feb 9 with 1977 viewsPozuelosSideys

Accounts are out on 12:47 - Feb 9 by Shaky

Whats up Shakes? Are you still the boring, bitter, vindictive turnip you were before? Oh, my bad. Of course you are. Get a job you pleb.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Accounts are out on 10:12 - Feb 11 with 1800 viewsBest_loser

Commercial revenue was just 3 million

Is there any point paying Pearlman so much or has he left now
Accounts are out on 11:48 - Feb 11 with 1769 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 10:12 - Feb 11 by Best_loser

Commercial revenue was just 3 million

Is there any point paying Pearlman so much or has he left now

He's long gone (to a different branch of Levien and Kaplan's organisation).
Accounts are out on 12:16 - Feb 11 with 1738 viewsLeonWasGod

Wages was the biggie I was waiting to see. Still at £48.9 million. That's simply unstainsatinable i theis league and will have to be brought down to no more than about £20m by end of next season. 'Fun' times ahead.

Commercial revenue of £3.48m is awful for this division, what the heck happened there?
Accounts are out on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

Accounts are out on 12:16 - Feb 11 by LeonWasGod

Wages was the biggie I was waiting to see. Still at £48.9 million. That's simply unstainsatinable i theis league and will have to be brought down to no more than about £20m by end of next season. 'Fun' times ahead.

Commercial revenue of £3.48m is awful for this division, what the heck happened there?

Should be shattered by the volume of contracts that are/were due to expire this summer. A number of those high earners have already gone.

Commercial revenue hasn't been great for us ever. Problem is we had a Muppet like Dineen in charge of the commercial dept when we were one of the most hyped teams in the country and commercial income barely shifted. Say what you want about Pearlman, but that moment had passed by the time he got the job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 09:55 - Feb 19 with 1573 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 1496 views34dfgdf54

Jasper touched on it above but link aswell here:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hefty-sum-swansea-cit
Accounts are out on 11:14 - Feb 19 with 1485 viewsJacket

Accounts are out on 13:08 - Feb 9 by Shaky

Didn't Bircho say Oli's transfer fee wasn't included in the accounts but James' was?
Accounts are out on 12:32 - Feb 19 with 1435 viewsTimTtam

Accounts are out on 11:06 - Feb 19 by 34dfgdf54

Jasper touched on it above but link aswell here:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hefty-sum-swansea-cit

According to this we are on track to make a 17M profit in the 2019/20 financial year.

When our parachute payments end, they'll drop from approximately 16M to 0.

That seems like a stable enough financial situation.

My name is Matt

Accounts are out on 14:23 - Feb 19 with 1304 views34dfgdf54

Accounts are out on 12:32 - Feb 19 by TimTtam

According to this we are on track to make a 17M profit in the 2019/20 financial year.

When our parachute payments end, they'll drop from approximately 16M to 0.

That seems like a stable enough financial situation.

I have no clue what I'm looking at to be honest, but the jist from the fella writing a thread about it on twitter seems to think we are ok for next season, but if we are in the deep sh*t afterwards unless we can sell a few jewells out of the academy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024