Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallagher 22:33 - Feb 11 with 5378 viewsSS2013

Deary me , it was like a watching Renato Sanchez all over again. I'd bench for a few games.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Gallagher on 09:11 - Feb 12 with 1120 viewscbrace1

Clearly a good player. Completely agree he was poor last night. Feel he's better higher up the pitch. But by God our fans didn't help last night. Genuinely embarrassing
Gallagher on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 1096 viewspencoedjack

Gallagher on 09:11 - Feb 12 by cbrace1

Clearly a good player. Completely agree he was poor last night. Feel he's better higher up the pitch. But by God our fans didn't help last night. Genuinely embarrassing

I concur
Gallagher on 10:23 - Feb 12 with 1026 viewsKerouac

People need to get off the kid's back. He has only just arrived and is a talented footballer.

The problem is the team.
We have no width, no genuine pace (boy do we miss James), players played out of position and a bunch of youngsters who haven't yet accrued the know how who are losing confidence quick.
The crowd need to get behind them and the coaching staff need to be putting arms around shoulders and encouraging them to believe in themselves again.

The timidity of the movement and play in forward positions is a result of a crisis of confidence.
The silly mistakes at the back and the cowardly passing is also the result of low confidence.
They need to trust themselves, trust each other and play with some arrogance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Gallagher on 10:34 - Feb 12 with 1009 viewsunion_jack

I wasn’t there last night but saw / heard it on Sky.

The fans react to what is put in front of them which frankly was dross. It’s been like that for some time.

Things the rest of the world can see seems to pass our management team by.

So, can you really blame the crowd for reacting the way they did because I can’t?

We can all look back to B&W football and see the crowds all enthusiastic, rattles in hand, rosettes on shirts. It probably wasn’t like that then but it only cost 3d to get on the North Bank. People pay a lot more these days, invest more emotion in it I’d say and deserve better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gallagher on 17:59 - Feb 12 with 858 viewsNortbankboy

Gallagher on 05:53 - Feb 12 by felixstowe_jack

How on earth can connor be expected to pass forward when there is rarely any movement in front of him let alone anyone actually in the space down the wing.

We if there No one in frn t of him.
He should be attacking that space like Rangel used to
Not turn around and passing it back
Gallagher on 18:09 - Feb 12 with 850 viewsTNT

Good post.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Gallagher on 18:46 - Feb 12 with 817 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 17:59 - Feb 12 by Nortbankboy

I can't help feeling CR is getting some unfair criticism here. He's a better defender than Rangel ever was - Rangel was a liability when the ball was crossed and he was at the back post - never jumped. He's getting criticised for his pace but he'll run all day - Rangel had zero pace and couldn't run all day. In his later years with us Rangel was getting caught out of position regularly and was roundly criticised on this forum. Rangel was more comfortable on the ball but guess what - more often than not he had Leon making an angle for him so that he had an easy pass. These days our players' movement off the ball is shocking so more often than not the only pass on is the one back to the CB. How many times does CR get the ball, he looks down the line but Ayew's not there - or he's moving out to touchline with a defender at his back and the best we can hope for is a free-kick for a push. If he has a player in front of him, CR isn't going to take him on - he's not a winger after all - but Rangel didn't do that either. CR isn't having a good season compared to last year but much of it isn't his fault.
Gallagher on 18:54 - Feb 12 with 805 viewsmarchamjack

Gallagher on 18:46 - Feb 12 by ploppy

I can't help feeling CR is getting some unfair criticism here. He's a better defender than Rangel ever was - Rangel was a liability when the ball was crossed and he was at the back post - never jumped. He's getting criticised for his pace but he'll run all day - Rangel had zero pace and couldn't run all day. In his later years with us Rangel was getting caught out of position regularly and was roundly criticised on this forum. Rangel was more comfortable on the ball but guess what - more often than not he had Leon making an angle for him so that he had an easy pass. These days our players' movement off the ball is shocking so more often than not the only pass on is the one back to the CB. How many times does CR get the ball, he looks down the line but Ayew's not there - or he's moving out to touchline with a defender at his back and the best we can hope for is a free-kick for a push. If he has a player in front of him, CR isn't going to take him on - he's not a winger after all - but Rangel didn't do that either. CR isn't having a good season compared to last year but much of it isn't his fault.

Prime Rangel was different class to CR!

CR is by no means bad, but he’s not having a good season ( not the only one ).

Rangel was a genuine PL full back. CR is a genuine Championship FB

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Gallagher on 20:41 - Feb 12 with 765 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 18:54 - Feb 12 by marchamjack

Prime Rangel was different class to CR!

CR is by no means bad, but he’s not having a good season ( not the only one ).

Rangel was a genuine PL full back. CR is a genuine Championship FB

That's a very reasoned argument.
Gallagher on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 743 viewsBadlands

Gallagher on 17:59 - Feb 12 by Nortbankboy

In the second half Rangel play four perfectly weighted balls for their right wing to run onto. The are behind Naughton but to so heavy that the ball went out of play. Not one of our players appeared able to do that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gallagher on 22:06 - Feb 12 with 685 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 20:58 - Feb 12 by Badlands

In the second half Rangel play four perfectly weighted balls for their right wing to run onto. The are behind Naughton but to so heavy that the ball went out of play. Not one of our players appeared able to do that.

Right wing? What's one of them?
Gallagher on 22:12 - Feb 12 with 672 viewsNortbankboy

Gallagher on 22:06 - Feb 12 by ploppy

Right wing? What's one of them?

Feck me I've heard it all now.
Conner Roberts a better full back than rangel?
You'll be saying Macbernie is a better player than llorente nxt.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 22:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024