Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big brother is watching 21:51 - Feb 19 with 3296 viewsCatullus

Just not the government, as it turns out the in house surveillance is done by...Amazon.

I watched a program on BBC iplayer where former Amazon senior management wondered why people who would vote against letting the government have stronger surveiilance powers would buy Alexa, and often have 3/4 in a house, when Amazon can listen in to every word. They also talked about the video doorbells which Amazon can also access. 3 UK police forces have been giving them out free calling them a massive tool in th fight against crime but it's basically a camera they can access directly without a warrant, which you agree to when you accept it apparently.
The program didn't reflect well on Amazon.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Big brother is watching on 10:43 - Feb 21 with 670 viewsCatullus

Big brother is watching on 09:30 - Feb 21 by Ebo

This is really not good. Not the Brexit YOU voted for

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/feb/20/uk-google-users-to-lose-eu-gd

The protections of UK GDPR will still apply. Now I'm no expert on that but what if UK GDPR, at some point if not now, exceeds the EU, is better than the EU?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Big brother is watching on 11:42 - Feb 21 with 635 viewsEbo

Big brother is watching on 10:43 - Feb 21 by Catullus

The protections of UK GDPR will still apply. Now I'm no expert on that but what if UK GDPR, at some point if not now, exceeds the EU, is better than the EU?

It won't.

"Brexit prompts firm to move data and user accounts of British users from EU to US"

The yanks will have vast pools of british citizens data.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:43]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Big brother is watching on 12:14 - Feb 21 with 624 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Big brother is watching on 11:42 - Feb 21 by Ebo

It won't.

"Brexit prompts firm to move data and user accounts of British users from EU to US"

The yanks will have vast pools of british citizens data.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:43]

The yanks have our data, and will have everytime anyone clicks to accept data sharing even under GDPR.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Big brother is watching on 13:02 - Feb 21 with 608 viewsHighjack

Big brother is watching on 12:14 - Feb 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

The yanks have our data, and will have everytime anyone clicks to accept data sharing even under GDPR.

Yeah everything you sign up to you accept their terms and conditions and a big part of their terms and conditions is always permission to monitor everything you do and flog the data to whoever pays the most.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Big brother is watching on 13:10 - Feb 21 with 602 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Big brother is watching on 13:02 - Feb 21 by Highjack

Yeah everything you sign up to you accept their terms and conditions and a big part of their terms and conditions is always permission to monitor everything you do and flog the data to whoever pays the most.

It's called using your data for marketing purposes and sharing with our partners.

Big brother is watching on 13:15 - Feb 21 with 597 viewsleighton1318

‘If you’re not paying for it, you’re the product’.
Big brother is watching on 16:33 - Feb 21 with 563 viewsCatullus

Big brother is watching on 12:14 - Feb 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

All the big online corporations (American or not) already have the data , even of people who said no because they can't be trusted.
The fact that Ebo, a staunch remainer doesn't know or accept that and chooses to spread another lie around brexit is very telling. Remainers always like to say the leavers fell for the lies and never accept there were and still are remainiac lies.
If we don';t get to grips with Corporate greed and power the day is coming when they really will rule the world. The fact they already wield such massive power covertly is lost on some.

Big brother is watching on 17:33 - Feb 21 with 547 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Big brother is watching on 16:33 - Feb 21 by Catullus

All the big online corporations (American or not) already have the data , even of people who said no because they can't be trusted.
The fact that Ebo, a staunch remainer doesn't know or accept that and chooses to spread another lie around brexit is very telling. Remainers always like to say the leavers fell for the lies and never accept there were and still are remainiac lies.
If we don';t get to grips with Corporate greed and power the day is coming when they really will rule the world. The fact they already wield such massive power covertly is lost on some.

Politics aside, we already have dynamic pricing in the UK and if you consider the impacts of the Chinese Social Credit system the issue goes way beyond GDPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Big brother is watching on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 504 viewsCatullus

Big brother is watching on 17:33 - Feb 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

Politics aside, we already have dynamic pricing in the UK and if you consider the impacts of the Chinese Social Credit system the issue goes way beyond GDPR.

I wonder if they would take away rights for routinely abusing strangers on the internet because they have an opinion you disagree with? Though, do the Chinese worry to much about data protection, if Trump is right Huawei is a foot in the door to getting hold of much more than just business.

Dynamic pricing isn't tight in my book, Take school holidays it prices many parents out at the only time they can go on holiday without possibly getting punished. Then there's the teachers.

Big brother is watching on 22:30 - Feb 21 with 486 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-sy

Dynamic pricing is morphing into personalised pricing on the internet based on a whole range of personal and behavioural data, a really simple example would be buying something on line the day before a partner,'s birthday leads to higher pricing.

Big brother is watching on 16:46 - Feb 22 with 433 viewsCatullus

Big brother is watching on 22:30 - Feb 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/china-social-credit-sy

Dynamic pricing is morphing into personalised pricing on the internet based on a whole range of personal and behavioural data, a really simple example would be buying something on line the day before a partner,'s birthday leads to higher pricing.

That's insidious! The day before your sons 18th and the watch you scouted out that he wants goues up by £30, that kind of thing is plain wrong and the reason why we should be very wary of the corporate machine.

Big brother is watching on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 404 viewsswan65split

Big brother is watching on 10:40 - Feb 21 by Catullus

If a kid in bedroom somewhere in England can hack into the Pentagon, I'm sure a criminal hacker can find a way into a doorbell. It's not like big corporations never get hacked.

Just this morning I was prompted to change my email password because there was activity in another country, unauthorised log in.
It's not just about criminality though, it's about trust, do you trust Amazon? They are data miners, they want your data as much as your money because the more data they obtain the more they can increase their profits.

Microsoft was hacked a few years ago, and loads of e mail addys and passwords were fished out.

Loads of Hotmail accounts now receive spam ranging from Bitcoin, air travel,Russian lovelies , etc .....very little or nowt with other hosts just Hotmail screwed up and they cant deal with it,
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 20:30]
Big brother is watching on 20:17 - Feb 22 with 404 viewsZaxx

Big brother is watching on 22:01 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

I saw bits of this. Not sure why they singled out amazon part from them being a company with a big UK presence. Apple, android, google home, smart TVs etc all do much the same thing. We had a family bereavement back last summer. We were talking about it in the kitchen where one of the google home things is. Went online minutes later and the first ads I saw were for funeral services and urns for ashes. It’s very sinister when you think about it. But I can shout at it to put the radio on and off so I’ll live with it I suppose.

I've had exactly the same after a bereavement.
I chose to ignore it but it must be seriously upsetting for some people.

And, tbf, that is with personalised cookies switched off. That has to be an issue surely?
Big brother is watching on 20:33 - Feb 22 with 387 viewsswan65split

Big brother is watching on 20:17 - Feb 22 by Zaxx

I've had exactly the same after a bereavement.
I chose to ignore it but it must be seriously upsetting for some people.

And, tbf, that is with personalised cookies switched off. That has to be an issue surely?

tonight I was checking out Brittany Ferries and Premier inns on tinternet, next thing on FB adds for the 2 were appearing.

Its worse than living in the land of the moving curtain mun!
Big brother is watching on 21:44 - Feb 22 with 371 viewsZaxx

Big brother is watching on 20:33 - Feb 22 by swan65split

tonight I was checking out Brittany Ferries and Premier inns on tinternet, next thing on FB adds for the 2 were appearing.

Its worse than living in the land of the moving curtain mun!

Big brother is eager for your hard earned cash mate...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024