Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday without the loan players 22:22 - Feb 29 with 1456 viewsNotLoyal

It's horrifies me to think but what if we had no loan players,mwhat would our squad be for Saturday v WBA.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:26 - Feb 29 with 1125 viewsjasper_T

Mulder in goal (Benda if we hadn't loaned him out).
Dhanda/Celina in for Gallagher.
Ayew up front with Garrick and Dyer/Routs on the wings.
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:32 - Feb 29 with 1113 viewshobo

Been saying it all season.

The board have a lot to answer for
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:44 - Feb 29 with 1086 viewsCooperman

Pointless question purely on the basis that we do have them.

The squad has been shaped around budgets, overheads, contracted players and options available to us in the market.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:57 - Feb 29 with 1060 viewsSwanjaxs

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:44 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

The squad has been shaped around budgets, overheads, contracted players and options available to us in the market.

Fair.

Next season is a worry though when the budget will be decimated further...

Rough waters ahead me thinks

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:59 - Feb 29 with 1054 viewsDarran

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:44 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

Of course you’re right but it is worth thinking about for the coming summer.
All loans gone,Ayew off the wage bill,VDH and Naughton gone on a Bosman and Rodon possibly sold.
That’s six of our current starting eleven.
Interesting times ahead.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:02 - Feb 29 with 1046 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:57 - Feb 29 by Swanjaxs

Fair.

Next season is a worry though when the budget will be decimated further...

Rough waters ahead me thinks

Andy Scott and Leon will have to earn their crust.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:05 - Feb 29 with 1037 viewsmagicdaps10

Very interesting summer with a massive change around in the squad.

Can't ignore that there is a massive job on in the summer, bigger job in trying to blend all the new faces in to the team.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:17 - Feb 29 with 1012 viewsDarran

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:05 - Feb 29 by magicdaps10

Very interesting summer with a massive change around in the squad.

Can't ignore that there is a massive job on in the summer, bigger job in trying to blend all the new faces in to the team.

This could possibly be the first time you’ve ever been right.
Blimey what a thought.

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:17 - Feb 29 with 1011 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 22:59 - Feb 29 by Darran

Of course you’re right but it is worth thinking about for the coming summer.
All loans gone,Ayew off the wage bill,VDH and Naughton gone on a Bosman and Rodon possibly sold.
That’s six of our current starting eleven.
Interesting times ahead.

Assuming we sell Rodon for £12m then I guess we will have a handful of free transfers, spend a few million on transfers and take a few more loans.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:22 - Feb 29 with 1004 viewssainthelens

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:17 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

Assuming we sell Rodon for £12m then I guess we will have a handful of free transfers, spend a few million on transfers and take a few more loans.

Guess again, you know where that 12 million will be going.
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:24 - Feb 29 with 998 viewsDarran

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:17 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

I’ve no idea my friend and I won’t be assuming anything,it’s going to be interesting though.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:34 - Feb 29 with 983 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:24 - Feb 29 by Darran

I’ve no idea my friend and I won’t be assuming anything,it’s going to be interesting though.

I agree. My personal assumption is what I wrote above but whatever happens our recruitment team is absolutely vital to how we move forward.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:40 - Feb 29 with 976 viewsjojaca

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:34 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

I agree. My personal assumption is what I wrote above but whatever happens our recruitment team is absolutely vital to how we move forward.

League one next season, we are on that downward curve. We need to find our next Roberto Martinez or the Roberto Martinez.

Even when you know, you never know?

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:46 - Feb 29 with 968 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:40 - Feb 29 by jojaca

League one next season, we are on that downward curve. We need to find our next Roberto Martinez or the Roberto Martinez.

We will do many things but one of them is not to be regulated this season.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:49 - Feb 29 with 962 viewsFireboy2

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:46 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

We will do many things but one of them is not to be regulated this season.

Or even relegated
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:51 - Feb 29 with 965 viewsdunvantjack100

Outs as it stands:

Woodman
Wilmot
Guehi
Gallagher
Brewster
Kalulu

Contacts expiring in summer:

VDH
Naughton
Dyer
Routledge
Mulder

Expected outs on top:

Ayew

If we were to lose those 12 players, we could be in serious trouble. You’re talking about losing half of a squad without recouping anything in transfer fees.
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:59 - Feb 29 with 960 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 23:49 - Feb 29 by Fireboy2

Or even relegated

Regulated.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 00:06 - Mar 1 with 955 viewsjasper_T

Benda's too good for League Two.
McKay's too good for League One.
Asoro and Peterson either bring in fees at the end of their loans, or come back.
Few others out on loan with time left on their contracts as well (John, Evans, Cooper)
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 00:09 - Mar 1 with 948 viewsBadlands

Wha's the story with Courtney Baker-Richardson - only appeared in 4 games all season. Are we to kicking up a storm about game time or is he injured?
Remember how we were going go be relegated without McBurnie and James?
We'll be OK.
Lose Cooper and we might even be good.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 802 viewsTimTtam

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 00:09 - Mar 1 by Badlands

Wha's the story with Courtney Baker-Richardson - only appeared in 4 games all season. Are we to kicking up a storm about game time or is he injured?
Remember how we were going go be relegated without McBurnie and James?
We'll be OK.
Lose Cooper and we might even be good.

He's been injured basically all season. I didn't even know he'd played at all. It's a shame, because him in League 1 would've been a good indicator of whether he should be offered a new contract. I actually am a fan of giving him a 1-year deal, but he hasn't played enough games for Swansea to consider bring him back. Everything I read says he'll be released.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:14 - Mar 1 with 780 viewsTimTtam

I posted one of these 2020/21 teams about a month or so ago & got slated for saying it wouldn't be a bad starting XI, but I still have that belief.

Assuming 0 signings are made, this is the team I think Cooper would pick:

........................Benda
Roberts . Cabango . Guehi . Bidwell
.................Fulton . Grimes
...........Kalulu . Byers . Garrick
........................Cullen

Benda has been awesome for Swindon. Roberts and Cabango are definitely good enough. Bidwell has improved in the last few weeks. I wouldn't play Guehi but Cooper will. Fulton & Grimes are established players. Kalulu and Garrick bring pace. Byers needs to start games better, but isn't bad as a no.10 and could come off at 60' for Dhanda. Cullen will hopefully make the step up. The bench is the issue though.

To me it looks like a team who would finish 15th-20th. It would need to be strengthened. It's a make it or break it transfer window, but there's potential if we get it right.

My name is Matt

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:15 - Mar 1 with 776 viewsThornburyswan

For me once the small chance of play-offs has gone I think Cooper should be using starting 11s without the loan players, other than any that we have an intention of either signing or looking to extend the loan - no financial benefit in final table position & the likes of Cullen, Dhanda need to get used of regular game time.

With Benda out on loan & Mulder probably leaving come summer no issue with Woodman playing.
Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:18 - Mar 1 with 769 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:14 - Mar 1 by TimTtam

I posted one of these 2020/21 teams about a month or so ago & got slated for saying it wouldn't be a bad starting XI, but I still have that belief.

Assuming 0 signings are made, this is the team I think Cooper would pick:

........................Benda
Roberts . Cabango . Guehi . Bidwell
.................Fulton . Grimes
...........Kalulu . Byers . Garrick
........................Cullen

Benda has been awesome for Swindon. Roberts and Cabango are definitely good enough. Bidwell has improved in the last few weeks. I wouldn't play Guehi but Cooper will. Fulton & Grimes are established players. Kalulu and Garrick bring pace. Byers needs to start games better, but isn't bad as a no.10 and could come off at 60' for Dhanda. Cullen will hopefully make the step up. The bench is the issue though.

To me it looks like a team who would finish 15th-20th. It would need to be strengthened. It's a make it or break it transfer window, but there's potential if we get it right.

Another pointless post. Why waste your time contemplating something that will never happen.

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:41 - Mar 1 with 752 viewsTimTtam

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:18 - Mar 1 by Cooperman

Another pointless post. Why waste your time contemplating something that will never happen.

??? All I'm saying is that as a base, the squad we'll have left when the loan players go isn't a bad one. And that it can only get better once signings are made (free transfers and loans).

My name is Matt

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 11:17 - Mar 1 with 681 viewsCooperman

Team for Saturday without the loan players on 09:41 - Mar 1 by TimTtam

??? All I'm saying is that as a base, the squad we'll have left when the loan players go isn't a bad one. And that it can only get better once signings are made (free transfers and loans).

No, you picked a team out of it. You might as well go the other way as well and design a team on the assumption that we sign Messi.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024