Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coops's presser 13:47 - Mar 5 with 3935 viewsblackpooljack

He don't half talk some shìte
Coops's presser on 14:58 - Mar 5 with 3824 viewsFireboy2

You dont sit on the fence do you
Coops's presser on 16:07 - Mar 5 with 3739 viewsCaptain_Sham

And rightly so... That's his phrase of the week.

Its just a ride.

Coops's presser on 16:33 - Mar 5 with 3691 viewsploppy

They're not the brightest though, are they. Brendan was always saying "as I said", when he hadn't said. And Monk's inappropriate use of reflexive pronouns used to really grind my gears.
Coops's presser on 17:36 - Mar 5 with 3583 viewsblackpooljack

I know ive been a tad critical of the guy but in all honesty i wish i could like him i really really do, He comes across as someone who does care for the club and the fans, who want to try and develop youth and improve old heads and to take us to the next level on the field. Alas watching us on the pitch its a different story, play is slow and predictable we lack a coherent plan A B or C and the opposition have worked us out after the first 10 mins and Coops cannot react to it. He can talk about non-negotiables til he's blue in the face but if you can't do you can't do and when it comes to getting us playing good football and promoted he can't do.
Coops's presser on 17:47 - Mar 5 with 3557 viewssainthelens

Coops's presser on 17:36 - Mar 5 by blackpooljack

I know ive been a tad critical of the guy but in all honesty i wish i could like him i really really do, He comes across as someone who does care for the club and the fans, who want to try and develop youth and improve old heads and to take us to the next level on the field. Alas watching us on the pitch its a different story, play is slow and predictable we lack a coherent plan A B or C and the opposition have worked us out after the first 10 mins and Coops cannot react to it. He can talk about non-negotiables til he's blue in the face but if you can't do you can't do and when it comes to getting us playing good football and promoted he can't do.

I tried for years to like my ex mother in law. Pointless exercise, she was always gonna be an annoying tw@t.
Coops's presser on 19:26 - Mar 5 with 3409 viewsNotLoyal

Coops's presser on 16:33 - Mar 5 by ploppy

They're not the brightest though, are they. Brendan was always saying "as I said", when he hadn't said. And Monk's inappropriate use of reflexive pronouns used to really grind my gears.

You got an english o level I reckon.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coops's presser on 20:44 - Mar 5 with 3285 viewsploppy

Coops's presser on 19:26 - Mar 5 by NotLoyal

You got an english o level I reckon.

Of course. Doesn't everyone?
Coops's presser on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 3256 viewsGaryjack

Coops's presser on 20:44 - Mar 5 by ploppy

Language yes, had no interest in literature whatsoever.
Login to get fewer ads

Coops's presser on 21:33 - Mar 5 with 3152 viewsflashj

What's the alternative?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 21:34]
Coops's presser on 01:25 - Mar 6 with 2998 viewsDJack

Coops's presser on 20:44 - Mar 5 by ploppy

Nope. I got a grade D...you may have realised that over the years of my posting.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Coops's presser on 09:34 - Mar 6 with 2763 viewsLeonWasGod

the last one made no fackin sense in places. But then it must be hard thinking up different answers to the same dull questions week after week.
Coops's presser on 10:00 - Mar 6 with 2729 viewsploppy

Coops's presser on 01:25 - Mar 6 by DJack

Nope. I got a grade D...you may have realised that over the years of my posting.

My post was slightly tongue in cheek - but all true. I have some sympathy for managers and players when they're asked these tedious questions before and after games. Not just football but rugby as well. My favourite "worst" questions are the ones that start "How important was/is". I mean, how are you supposed to answer those? Extremely, very, not very, not at all. I almost want the interviewee to say "I'll give you a number between one and ten, where 10 is 'extremely' and 1 is 'it's not' ". And then give a number. Jill Douglas (of 6-nations fame) is the worst for those questions.
Coops's presser on 10:38 - Mar 6 with 2700 viewsWarwickHunt

Coops's presser on 10:00 - Mar 6 by ploppy

My post was slightly tongue in cheek - but all true. I have some sympathy for managers and players when they're asked these tedious questions before and after games. Not just football but rugby as well. My favourite "worst" questions are the ones that start "How important was/is". I mean, how are you supposed to answer those? Extremely, very, not very, not at all. I almost want the interviewee to say "I'll give you a number between one and ten, where 10 is 'extremely' and 1 is 'it's not' ". And then give a number. Jill Douglas (of 6-nations fame) is the worst for those questions.

Reporter: "Gordo, can we have a quick word please?" 
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).
I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.
Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?" 
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
"I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."
Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?" 
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."
Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?" 
Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!"
Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?" 
Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"
Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?" 
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"
On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."
Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?" 
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..."
Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."
On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."
“Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”
Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?" 
Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there."
Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"
On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""
Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?" 
Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure."
Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?" 
Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."
“I have discovered that when you go to Anfield or Old Trafford, it pays not to wear a coloured shirt because everyone can see the stains as the pressure mounts. I always wear a white shirt so nobody sees you sweat.”
On Sir Alex Ferguson while at Aberdeen: "He used to play tapes of Bill Shankly talking. I remember that and a singer he liked. I don't know who it was but it was crap. He played it on the team bus too, and all the boys hated it. Until one night it got chucked away. If he's still wondering who threw that tape off the bus, it was me. So maybe he was right and I'm not to be trusted.
Coops's presser on 11:47 - Mar 6 with 2646 viewsKGriz16

Cooper, in his defense, gets asked shite questions though
Coops's presser on 11:49 - Mar 6 with 2643 viewsWarwickHunt

Coops's presser on 11:47 - Mar 6 by KGriz16

Cooper, in his defense, gets asked shite questions though

How can you tell? I can never hear them...
Coops's presser on 13:12 - Mar 6 with 2585 viewsploppy

Coops's presser on 10:38 - Mar 6 by WarwickHunt

Reporter: "Gordo, can we have a quick word please?" 
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).
I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.
Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?" 
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."
"I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."
Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?" 
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."
Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?" 
Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!"
Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?" 
Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"
Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?" 
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"
On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."
Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?" 
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..."
Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."
On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."
“Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”
Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?" 
Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there."
Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"
On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""
Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?" 
Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure."
Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?" 
Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."
“I have discovered that when you go to Anfield or Old Trafford, it pays not to wear a coloured shirt because everyone can see the stains as the pressure mounts. I always wear a white shirt so nobody sees you sweat.”
On Sir Alex Ferguson while at Aberdeen: "He used to play tapes of Bill Shankly talking. I remember that and a singer he liked. I don't know who it was but it was crap. He played it on the team bus too, and all the boys hated it. Until one night it got chucked away. If he's still wondering who threw that tape off the bus, it was me. So maybe he was right and I'm not to be trusted.

We need more Gordon Strachans. Apart from his witty responses to stupid questions I always thought his football analysis was streets ahead of every other pundit. He actually said stuff I couldn't have come up with myself.
Coops's presser on 14:09 - Mar 6 with 2533 viewslegoman

I really don't know why the media bothers to interview players and coaches. They all trot out stock answers that they have been told to give. It's a complete waste of time. Bit like interviewing politicians.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Coops's presser on 17:17 - Mar 6 with 2409 viewsNotLoyal

Coops's presser on 14:09 - Mar 6 by legoman

I really don't know why the media bothers to interview players and coaches. They all trot out stock answers that they have been told to give. It's a complete waste of time. Bit like interviewing politicians.

Without the alleged intelligence 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024