Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 18:40 - Mar 7 with 3511 viewsKGriz16

New contract please Cooper. Unsung hero. Committed.
Kyle Naughton on 18:51 - Mar 7 with 2781 viewsmonmouth

Agree

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kyle Naughton on 19:07 - Mar 7 with 2707 viewsstevethejack

Kyle Naughton on 18:51 - Mar 7 by monmouth

Agree

#MeToo

Kyle Naughton on 19:27 - Mar 7 with 2647 viewsChief

Not premier league level. But a very good full back at this level. Hope there's a way he can stay.

As much as I love Roberts there's no case for having him in the team.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kyle Naughton on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 2606 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 19:27 - Mar 7 by Chief

Not premier league level. But a very good full back at this level. Hope there's a way he can stay.

As much as I love Roberts there's no case for having him in the team.

Was much better than he ever got credit for in the PL. At this level he's excellent.

He's going to have to take a major pay cut if he wants to stay and could probably get a better deal elsewhere so I'm not expecting him to be here next year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 19:45 - Mar 7 with 2566 viewsJohnw102

Think he will be on his way at the end of the season along with a few others, Ayew, Joe R, VDH, Connor if he has a ½ decent Euros, plus all the loans going back, going to be interesting during the summer to see what sort of cheap deals we can do. Also think BC will be off, something seems to have happened with him.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Kyle Naughton on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 2515 viewsChief

Kyle Naughton on 19:35 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

Was much better than he ever got credit for in the PL. At this level he's excellent.

He's going to have to take a major pay cut if he wants to stay and could probably get a better deal elsewhere so I'm not expecting him to be here next year.

I respect that opinion and probably wasn't helped that when he took over from Rangel proper we were on the slide, but na not quite there in the top division for me.

By far from alone in that respect with some of our players back then mind.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kyle Naughton on 20:03 - Mar 7 with 2501 viewsbuilthjack

Would he play for £5 - £10,000 a week though?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 20:04]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Kyle Naughton on 20:05 - Mar 7 with 2494 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 19:59 - Mar 7 by Chief

I respect that opinion and probably wasn't helped that when he took over from Rangel proper we were on the slide, but na not quite there in the top division for me.

By far from alone in that respect with some of our players back then mind.

He took over from Rangel and wasn't quite as good. That was his main mistake. All in all we've spent much worse money in our time.

He's been our most consistently effective performer this season though. Rarely less than a 7/10 every game. Just about the best of four pretty good performances all in all from each member of our back line today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 20:08 - Mar 7 with 2470 viewsCooperman

Kyle Naughton on 20:03 - Mar 7 by builthjack

Highly unlikely in my view. That surely represents a 75% pay cut and I’m sure he will almost certainly get a better offer elsewhere.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kyle Naughton on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 2453 viewsmonmouth

Kyle Naughton on 20:08 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

Highly unlikely in my view. That surely represents a 75% pay cut and I’m sure he will almost certainly get a better offer elsewhere.

At 31 who knows? All we can do is make an offer, plus playing promises that he won’t get elsewhere. Good player, routinely underrated.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kyle Naughton on 20:13 - Mar 7 with 2445 viewsCooperman

Kyle Naughton on 20:11 - Mar 7 by monmouth

At 31 who knows? All we can do is make an offer, plus playing promises that he won’t get elsewhere. Good player, routinely underrated.

For sure. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kyle Naughton on 20:24 - Mar 7 with 2405 viewsKilkennyjack

Excellent today 👏🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Kyle Naughton on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 2386 viewsTNT

He's been stealing Forty thousand pounds every week for years.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Kyle Naughton on 20:53 - Mar 7 with 2321 viewsSgorioFruit

Kyle Naughton on 20:30 - Mar 7 by TNT

He's been stealing Forty thousand pounds every week for years.

40 grand?
I feel sick.
He's stepped up for us at this level agreed.
Literally thrown games away for us in the prem though. Always scared to take on that opponent running down the wing at him, too much running backwards and afraid to stick the boot in which always resulted with a cross into the box and goal for the opposition. Time and time again it was allowed to happen, week after week.
And then he goes and scores a wonder goal and all is forgiven.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 20:54]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Kyle Naughton on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 2210 viewsNortbankboy

Kyle Naughton on 20:53 - Mar 7 by SgorioFruit

40 grand?
I feel sick.
He's stepped up for us at this level agreed.
Literally thrown games away for us in the prem though. Always scared to take on that opponent running down the wing at him, too much running backwards and afraid to stick the boot in which always resulted with a cross into the box and goal for the opposition. Time and time again it was allowed to happen, week after week.
And then he goes and scores a wonder goal and all is forgiven.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 20:54]

Yes not worth that money.But the best right back at the club at the moment
Kyle Naughton on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 2172 viewsjack2jack

Nowt wrong with our Kyle,got the odd gaff in him, but been alright for us,never understood how he got so much sh!t.
Hope he stays, very good Championship player,with a few years left in him.
Did well today.
Kyle Naughton on 05:16 - Mar 8 with 1985 viewsTimTtam

I think he'd only take a new deal and pay cut if there weren't any other suitors for his services. Based on his 2 Championship seasons, he will have several.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Kyle Naughton on 08:05 - Mar 8 with 1905 viewsjackal

Always rated him. I can't understand why he's been getting a lot of negativity from some ever since he's been here.
Kyle Naughton on 08:33 - Mar 8 with 1861 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Player of the year for me

Keep it up Naughty

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Kyle Naughton on 09:39 - Mar 8 with 1780 viewsjohnlangy

I've always liked him. Struggled a bit at PL level but excellent at Championship level. Very composed.
Kyle Naughton on 10:02 - Mar 8 with 1735 viewsploppy

Possibly the most composed player we have on the ball at the moment. And defensively he's been excellent of late. If he's earning "too much" that's not his fault.
Kyle Naughton on 10:06 - Mar 8 with 1725 viewsCatullus

That's the right question. For me, if he's happy here and financially secure I don't see why he wouldn't consider it. Even at5k per week, it's a very good wedge.
Realistically though, he'll take the highest offer and be gone and he won't be alone in that.

There's alwasy this excuse that it's a short career so they always want a pay rise, even when they've been rubbish but look at it objectively, if a player is earning more in a month than the average annual wage and then plays for the average (8 years I think) then that's the equivalent of 96 years at more than average wage. Then why shouldn't they take another job when they finish playing, why do they deserve to retire at less than 40? The rest of us can't unless we win the lottery or get ill and are forced to. Rant over.

I'd like Naughton to stay, I do orefer him to Roberts right now but the chances are slim.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kyle Naughton on 11:39 - Mar 8 with 1643 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Naughton on 08:05 - Mar 8 by jackal

Always rated him. I can't understand why he's been getting a lot of negativity from some ever since he's been here.

Because he wasn’t Rangel just like Cork wasn’t Britton didn’t make them crap footballers

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Naughton on 11:51 - Mar 8 with 1633 viewsBadlands

Kyle Naughton on 10:06 - Mar 8 by Catullus

That's the right question. For me, if he's happy here and financially secure I don't see why he wouldn't consider it. Even at5k per week, it's a very good wedge.
Realistically though, he'll take the highest offer and be gone and he won't be alone in that.

There's alwasy this excuse that it's a short career so they always want a pay rise, even when they've been rubbish but look at it objectively, if a player is earning more in a month than the average annual wage and then plays for the average (8 years I think) then that's the equivalent of 96 years at more than average wage. Then why shouldn't they take another job when they finish playing, why do they deserve to retire at less than 40? The rest of us can't unless we win the lottery or get ill and are forced to. Rant over.

I'd like Naughton to stay, I do orefer him to Roberts right now but the chances are slim.

I remember reading something about how much players take home after deductions (not including payment to agents, legal retainers etc where they have them).
45% of all pay if they receive over £100,000 a year.
Still a decent amount to take home but a lot less than the numbers quoted.
Also a lot is about parity with other players. I doubt payers quibble over a few quid difference but if you are paid £5K a week at one club and another offers you £10K you'll move.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kyle Naughton on 12:26 - Mar 8 with 1593 viewsSwansea93

Didn't someone say we have agreed a pre contract with some RB from Carlisle? If so can see him replacing Naughton on much much much less wages.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024