Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations 19:59 - Mar 20 with 1990 viewsSwanjaxs

Most of us will now have plenty of time on our hands so put your recommendations here...

Box set: Peaky Blinders

Sporting autobiography: Pushing the Boundaries: Cricket in the Eighties By Derek Pringle

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 21:46 - Mar 21 with 603 viewsleighton1318

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 21:36 - Mar 21 by WarwickHunt

That Uncertain Feeling became the film Only Two Can Play with Peter Sellers. Filmed in Swansea.
Lucky Jim was written in Swansea and The Old Devils was set in Swansea ( inspired by his drinking mates in The Rock And Fountain, if memory serves).

His son Martin was born in Swansea. Pair of Jack bastards, innit.

Worth a look ,..
Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:09 - Mar 21 with 585 viewsDarran

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 21:36 - Mar 21 by WarwickHunt

That Uncertain Feeling became the film Only Two Can Play with Peter Sellers. Filmed in Swansea.
Lucky Jim was written in Swansea and The Old Devils was set in Swansea ( inspired by his drinking mates in The Rock And Fountain, if memory serves).

Parts of Only Two Can Play were filmed in the Public Hall in Briton Ferry.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:10 - Mar 21 with 584 viewsDarran

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 12:38 - Mar 21 by WxmJax

Going to add the TV channel, Now 70's. Some great videos I've never seen on there from the, er, 70's. Punk, new wave, disco, rock, even Donny Osmond.

Freeview 78 or Sky 373 .

Watch it or just have it as background music.

Now 80's and Now 90's are also available.

I saw Billy Joel on there earlier.

Great channel though.

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:33 - Mar 21 with 573 viewstheloneranger

Kingsley Amis' cat used to live next door to me in Townhill 😂 When he left Swansea in the very early 1960's he left his cat with my next door neighbour.
True story.

Plus when as a very small child in the 1950's, we lived in rooms in the Uplands, and he lived around the corner in The Grove. He was known as a notorious p1ss head just like Dylan, so I bet he would have been over the moon to find out that the house he also lived at in St Helens Road would eventually become part of the Wig and Pen
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 22:39]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:45 - Mar 21 with 554 viewsWxmJax

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:10 - Mar 21 by Darran

Great channel though.

I haven't seen that yet. My life ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:46 - Mar 21 with 552 viewslondonlisa2001

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 21:37 - Mar 21 by WarwickHunt

What’s it about?

Madonna.

Universal Studios had a problem with autocorrect...
Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:58 - Mar 21 with 541 viewslifelong

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:10 - Mar 21 by Darran

Great channel though.

Simply Red were on Sky Arts yesterday, didn’t you accuse me of saying I liked them a few years ago.😂
Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:59 - Mar 21 with 540 viewsDarran

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:45 - Mar 21 by WxmJax

I haven't seen that yet. My life ?

Yes.

Login to get fewer ads

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 23:00 - Mar 21 with 538 viewsDarran

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:58 - Mar 21 by lifelong

Simply Red were on Sky Arts yesterday, didn’t you accuse me of saying I liked them a few years ago.😂

I think so yes.

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 23:02 - Mar 21 with 536 viewsWarwickHunt

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:58 - Mar 21 by lifelong

Worse than kiddy fiddling and kitten strangling.
Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 00:13 - Mar 22 with 498 viewsTNT

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 20:16 - Mar 20 by monmouth

The original Randall and Hopkirk deceased with Annette Andre and Ken Cope in a rug. Bliss.

The theme tune is awesome, too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 00:17 - Mar 22 with 491 viewsTNT

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 15:01 - Mar 22 with 418 viewsFergal

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 22:46 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Madonna.

Universal Studios had a problem with autocorrect...

Box sets/sporting or non sporting autobiography recommendations on 21:22 - Apr 5 with 311 viewsFergal

I’ve just started Mike Ingham’s autobiography and is unsurprisingly an excellent read so far.

I didn’t realise that Ingham spent some of his formative years living in Swansea - Derwen Fawr Road, Sketty to be precise.

The first sporting occasion he ever attended was Glamorgan against the touring South Africans at St Helens in 1951.

He does not mention Alan Green once in the entire book.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024