Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers Pay 07:40 - Apr 1 with 1984 viewsswan85

Listening to BBC breakfast news, Tottenham and Newcastle have entered government payment schemes for non playing staff. Players still earning full wage. There is a meeting today of the PL and FL clubs to discuss.

Barcelona players reported to have taken up to 70% pay cut to fund non-playing staff. Juventus deferred players wages by 4 months.

Hopefully common sense and fairness will prevail today. However if the top leagues in England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France etc say OK we are going to drop all players wages by x% to fund non-Playing staff or clubs lower down their leagues, The players will continue to play when the season re-starts or new one starts. Otherwise where are they going to ply their trade?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 7:58]
Footballers Pay on 16:05 - Apr 1 with 1760 viewsBest_loser

Not like footballers to be greedy
Footballers Pay on 16:32 - Apr 1 with 1733 viewslifelong

Barcelona pay their first team an average of £10m a year. It must be complete hell for them to have it dropped to £3m.
Footballers Pay on 16:51 - Apr 1 with 1714 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Spurs are the eighth richest club in the world and they’re using taxpayers money to pay 80% of non playing staff their wages whilst they continue to pay their players’ astronomical wages in full.

I don’t know where to start.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Footballers Pay on 16:56 - Apr 1 with 1705 viewsmonmouth

Footballers Pay on 16:51 - Apr 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Spurs are the eighth richest club in the world and they’re using taxpayers money to pay 80% of non playing staff their wages whilst they continue to pay their players’ astronomical wages in full.

The governments should know where to start and tax them at 50% to pay the wages of the other staf. They passed the police bill quick enough, pass an emergency Greedy Bastard Leech Sucking Governtment Teat Tax and do the same to any company that applies for this while paying bosses or managers in full.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Footballers Pay on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 1693 viewsJackSomething

Footballers Pay on 16:32 - Apr 1 by lifelong

Barcelona pay their first team an average of £10m a year. It must be complete hell for them to have it dropped to £3m.

Agreed that they earn too much money, but that's not their fault is it? At least they've agreed to this and will earn much goodwill for it.

If the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Norwich and now us have made the decision to furlough staff without talking to players about taking a pay cut, then the players need to contact the club/PFA about it.

If the club has spoken to them about a pay cut and they haven't agreed, then they're a bigger bunch of c*nts than we already thought they were.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Footballers Pay on 18:10 - Apr 1 with 1647 viewsLeonWasGod

Footballers Pay on 16:51 - Apr 1 by Joe_bradshaw

I think I saw the term 'moral vacuum' used in a headline today. That seems as good a place to start as anywhere.
Footballers Pay on 18:22 - Apr 1 with 1632 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Footballers Pay on 18:10 - Apr 1 by LeonWasGod

I think I saw the term 'moral vacuum' used in a headline today. That seems as good a place to start as anywhere.

Their profit in their last accounts was £68M. Their owner is worth £4 billion. Their chairman was paid £7M last year and the average wage of their first team is £70K a week.

Scumbags.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Footballers Pay on 18:24 - Apr 1 with 1627 viewsBillyChong

Spurs can fack off, disgusting from Levy renowned tight arse
Login to get fewer ads

Footballers Pay on 21:37 - Apr 1 with 1539 viewsraynor94

Levy, Ashley and Delia Smith, hang your heads in shame

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024