Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Book Recommendations 19:50 - Apr 30 with 5619 viewsNeath_Jack

Hit me with some gems please, any genre really.

Struggling to find anything at the moment.

No fiction though please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Book Recommendations on 10:22 - May 1 with 1744 viewsDr_Winston

Book Recommendations on 06:08 - May 1 by jackal

I've read it many times. I've always had an interest in vintage Hollywood.

It's full of hilarious anecdotes. Niven was said to be a lovely guy and it comes across in the book.

At his funeral...

"The biggest wreath, worthy of a Mafia Godfather's funeral, was delivered from the porters at London's Heathrow Airport, along with a card that read: 'To the finest gentleman who ever walked through these halls. He made a porter feel like a king.'"

That's what you call an epitaph.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Book Recommendations on 11:41 - May 1 with 1714 viewsbuilthjack

Book Recommendations on 08:48 - May 1 by dna

I very rarely read a book, bought Thirteen at the airport on the way to Greece, literally couldn't put it down

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36217425-thirteen

Oops - fiction, but still a great read
[Post edited 1 May 2020 11:41]

Didn't you exceed your weight with thirteen?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Book Recommendations on 11:53 - May 1 with 1705 viewsdna

Book Recommendations on 11:41 - May 1 by builthjack

Didn't you exceed your weight with thirteen?

Book Recommendations on 19:43 - May 2 with 1592 viewsblackpooljack

https://images.app.goo.gl/ME3G5MC12d8CG2NJ8

My fav book esp. the audiobook version
Book Recommendations on 21:43 - May 3 with 1492 viewsJack_Meoff

[Post edited 3 May 2020 21:45]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Book Recommendations on 11:05 - May 4 with 1425 viewsdickythorpe

Frank Skinner book arrived plus I ordered Ray Winstone's "Young Winstone". Excellent read so far
Book Recommendations on 18:53 - May 8 with 1347 viewsDr_Winston

Book Recommendations on 20:26 - Apr 30 by sP7qupUf

Pretty old book but hilarious and a very enjoyable read in "The Moon's A Balloon", David Niven's autobiography.

I'm a third of the way in and loving it so far.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Book Recommendations on 11:33 - May 9 with 1289 viewstaffpunk

Book Recommendations on 11:05 - May 4 by dickythorpe

Frank Skinner book arrived plus I ordered Ray Winstone's "Young Winstone". Excellent read so far

Just finished Skinner's book-excellent, read Ray Winstone's years ago, first half was ok, then it lost it's way a bit, ended up not liking it or him tbh.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Book Recommendations on 09:30 - May 10 with 1239 viewstaffpunk

Book Recommendations on 18:53 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

I'm a third of the way in and loving it so far.

Same here, about half way through, great book.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Book Recommendations on 11:15 - May 10 with 1211 viewsmonmouth

Book Recommendations on 09:30 - May 10 by taffpunk

Same here, about half way through, great book.

My older sister gave me a copy of that about 100 years ago, or so it seems. Even as a youngster, I enjoyed it and thought he came across as a really good bloke.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Book Recommendations on 08:57 - May 21 with 1111 viewstaffpunk

Just read Black Klansman, so can someone now recommend me a book about the KKK. Nothing too overly intellectual, but then again not a 'Janet And John' guide.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024