Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? 00:06 - May 18 with 4170 viewsSwanjaxs

Llangennith for me.

Lucky enough that my Ma and Da had our caravan.

Mackerel were literally jumping out of the waves onto the sand on a late August evening in 76. All around were filling plastic bowls up with the buggers.

What's your first "happy place" holiday mems?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 20:06 - May 19 with 513 viewsSirjohnalot

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:51 - May 19 by Darran

Artist he is did the cover for the Manics album Know Your Enemy went to Cefn Saeson.

I was there 90-95
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 20:47 - May 19 with 489 viewsWxmJax

A week in West Cross, looking after my cousin's house while they went away to somewhere exotic like Lloret De Mar or Yugoslavia, and then a week in Aberaeron where their bungalow was. Day out to Llangenith was always a highlight as was a game of golf on Ashleigh Road and the Mumbles Carnival, where I got my mug from the Swans float.
In later years with our own families we always had a week down Horton, 2 families in a caravan. Best holidays, our kids would rather go there than Florida.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 20:57]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 21:11 - May 19 with 472 viewsjacktar

In the early to mid 1960s a gang of us Morriston lads would jump on the No. 40 bus to Caswell spend the day making nuisances of ourselves on the beach or walking the cliff path to Langland, then back on the no 40 to Morriston.
Later years, once old enough to drive with our first cars, same gang of lads down to Llangennith, on the pick-up at the Kings Head and back to Hillend campsite with our little tents and some female company if our luck was in.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024