Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? 00:06 - May 18 with 4171 viewsSwanjaxs

Llangennith for me.

Lucky enough that my Ma and Da had our caravan.

Mackerel were literally jumping out of the waves onto the sand on a late August evening in 76. All around were filling plastic bowls up with the buggers.

What's your first "happy place" holiday mems?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:22 - May 18 with 1161 viewsdickythorpe

Any park in Carmarthen you'd find me most weeknights pretending to be Viv Richards, Matthew Maynard, Shane Warne, even Steve Barwick for easy laughs.
If there was a summer rugby tour with either Wales or the lions then I'd be Robert Jones, Gavin Hastings, Ieuan, Titley, Clement or any of the All Whites!
On the weekends it was up to my Grandparents in Penlan then onto the majestic Gower, where I had aunties, uncles and cousins.
I used to sleep well after all the walking and laughing.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 13:24]
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:38 - May 18 with 1136 viewsPegojack

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 09:47 - May 18 by swan65split

What era? are you from Maes Ty Canol, aged 65-70 ish, and a regular on the number 4@6 buses on Matchday?

I'm 65 next Saturday. We lived in Pentwyn Drive in the streets down behind Spar, where my mother still lives. Went to Glanafan Comp, followed by Swansea Uni.
Never caught a bus to go see the Swans, it was either my Dad's car or, later, mine.
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:57 - May 18 with 1114 viewsDarran

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 09:47 - May 18 by swan65split

What era? are you from Maes Ty Canol, aged 65-70 ish, and a regular on the number 4@6 buses on Matchday?

He was in Slaughter and Dai Morris year.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:16 - May 18 with 1084 viewsswan65split

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:57 - May 18 by Darran

He was in Slaughter and Dai Morris year.

Little Dai Morris who played on the wing ?

Person I was thinking of earlier was a bit older than me, glasses, been racking my brain(whats left of it lol) for a name but its not forthcoming, lived near the Lewis"s
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:21 - May 18 with 1079 viewsjack_lord

We went to the South of France a lot in the early 70's but we spent a lot of time in Llangennith and Port Eynon in the caravan. So much more fun in the campsites.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:23 - May 18 with 1077 viewsDarran

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:16 - May 18 by swan65split

Little Dai Morris who played on the wing ?

Person I was thinking of earlier was a bit older than me, glasses, been racking my brain(whats left of it lol) for a name but its not forthcoming, lived near the Lewis"s

What’s Lewis’s?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 16:29 - May 18 with 1048 views1983

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 12:23 - May 18 by taffpunk

Still love them, going to have some for dinner, hopefully with no sand in them!

Warm, squashed and full of sand fecking brilliant loved them lol

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 17:12 - May 18 with 1029 viewsswan65split

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:23 - May 18 by Darran

What’s Lewis’s?

Eric and his Bro.
Login to get fewer ads

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 17:14 - May 18 with 1026 viewsDarran

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 17:12 - May 18 by swan65split

Eric and his Bro.

Oh right. Groo that posts on here lived by there and he’s got glasses.

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 17:44 - May 18 with 1001 viewsjohnlangy

Both my parents were Irish. They were born a few miles outside Kilkenny. Even though money was very tight (the 50's and 60's) they always managed to scrape together enough for us all to go to Ireland for our Summer holidays (5 children).

Can you imagine spending six weeks living on a farm with all that open space with all the fields and streams to explore. All the animals. Helping with all the farm jobs - saving the hay, bringing the cows in for milking.

There were three farms, the one where my Mother was born, the one where my Father was born and a third one where my Aunt was living with her husband and family. We spent time in all three with loads of cousins to play with.

Just brilliant.
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 18:45 - May 18 with 971 viewsNeath_Jack

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 15:23 - May 18 by Darran

What’s Lewis’s?

Fatties boys.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 18:53 - May 18 with 963 viewslondonlisa2001

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:15 - May 18 by cmajack

Horton beach. Had fabulous family days out there as a child.Also tenby for caravan holidays.

I loved Horton as well.

And Crawley Woods (no one there as the cwmmers couldn’t be bothered to walk through the woods.

Pobbles when older.

Nothing better than summers at home when you live in Swansea.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 20:51]
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:06 - May 18 with 951 viewsOldjack

Fishing ,thousand of hours fishing perfect !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 20:19 - May 18 with 914 viewsswan65split

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 18:45 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

Fatties boys.

Close enough.
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 20:19 - May 18 with 911 viewsCatullus

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 13:22 - May 18 by dickythorpe

Any park in Carmarthen you'd find me most weeknights pretending to be Viv Richards, Matthew Maynard, Shane Warne, even Steve Barwick for easy laughs.
If there was a summer rugby tour with either Wales or the lions then I'd be Robert Jones, Gavin Hastings, Ieuan, Titley, Clement or any of the All Whites!
On the weekends it was up to my Grandparents in Penlan then onto the majestic Gower, where I had aunties, uncles and cousins.
I used to sleep well after all the walking and laughing.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 13:24]

Viv Richards....Shane Warne, that covers a lot of years!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 01:52 - May 19 with 861 viewsEbo

Caravan in Oxwich for 2 weeks every summer the first 2 weeks of August, I think the site was called Greenways and it had a swimming pool and clubhouse. Strawberry picking nearby and my late mam bless her, would always want a bag of potatoes from one of the farms.

My brother got tickets for our first game in the top flight vs Leeds and he drove us there and back from Oxwich with a detour to either Dick Bartons or Covellis. Spent hours walking around Gower back in the day, The music of those summers always brings back a lot of memories. Airport by the Motors springs to mind,

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 06:54 - May 19 with 830 viewsmarchamjack

What a top thread.

Spent summers outside all day pretty much from morning til dark (or when you got called in for tea) playing football, cricket and games like bobby-kick-the-can down the rec behind my parents house in Gorseinon. All the boys would just somehow meet and we’d spend most of our time there. Or we’d be up the old mountain colliery getting black playing in the old buildings and sliding down the old slag heaps. And we’d be making dens and playing in the woods and swimming in the river beyond the colliery. Summer ‘holidays’ were day trips in the car up to and all round mid Wales and the edges of north wales and the beaches down west. And the sun always shone, always. Great memories and great simple times really.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 10:27 - May 19 with 782 viewskarnataka

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 06:54 - May 19 by marchamjack

What a top thread.

Spent summers outside all day pretty much from morning til dark (or when you got called in for tea) playing football, cricket and games like bobby-kick-the-can down the rec behind my parents house in Gorseinon. All the boys would just somehow meet and we’d spend most of our time there. Or we’d be up the old mountain colliery getting black playing in the old buildings and sliding down the old slag heaps. And we’d be making dens and playing in the woods and swimming in the river beyond the colliery. Summer ‘holidays’ were day trips in the car up to and all round mid Wales and the edges of north wales and the beaches down west. And the sun always shone, always. Great memories and great simple times really.

Doesn't sound too different from my early days. Lived in Pennard in the 50s when there were only about 20 houses there and no tarmac and wild horses wandering about. Spent many summer days at 3 Clffs, Pobbles, Oxwich & Rhossili. Then we moved to Sketty and I spent most summers in Singleton Park playing football, cricket and hide n seek. Had an uncle who lived in Aberystwyth and a grandma who lived in Caernarfon so made many trips the length of Wales with a stop off in Aber both ways.
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 11:17 - May 19 with 759 viewsswan65split

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 01:52 - May 19 by Ebo

Caravan in Oxwich for 2 weeks every summer the first 2 weeks of August, I think the site was called Greenways and it had a swimming pool and clubhouse. Strawberry picking nearby and my late mam bless her, would always want a bag of potatoes from one of the farms.

My brother got tickets for our first game in the top flight vs Leeds and he drove us there and back from Oxwich with a detour to either Dick Bartons or Covellis. Spent hours walking around Gower back in the day, The music of those summers always brings back a lot of memories. Airport by the Motors springs to mind,

Spent a weekend there 85 ish in a family framed tent in the one at the top of the hill , great a s you say for the beach and walking. 2nd night there it was a gale force 8-9 , tent was dancing like a break dancer, every one slept except me!!!!
Wind eased in the morning as we were packing, there were tents and stuff all piled into the skips. a fella from Cardiff helped me pack the tent down, I caught in my eye he accidentally put a pole through the canvas, he did see it, and carried on packing and never said a thing to me .
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 12:50 - May 19 with 743 viewssherpajacob

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 05:07 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Pobbles

no need to go anywhere else.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:16 - May 19 with 700 viewsSlugster664

Broughton, Mumbles and The Ganges...parents caravan down Broughton doing allsorts of fabulous things. Around the same year as the OP ref the mackerel we fished off Bluepool and had stacks of the buggers, got me massively into fishing! Played rugby and cricket for Mumbles so lot of time down there as well as launching my Dad's boat from there for years before moving it to the marina...if for some reason I wasn't fishing or down the caravan, I'd be over The Ganges with a ball and my best muckas...what fantastic times, great thread

STID

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:25 - May 19 with 699 viewsSirjohnalot

Saundersfoot for our official 2 weeks. Flat on the beach, rugby, cricket and football on the sand, then in the sea. Arcade on the prom and Oakwood near the end.

When we were home, Aberavon and Porthcawl beaches or ‘Up the Gnoll’ to play.

Never thought once of going abroad

Be nothing without my parents. Owe them everything
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:32 - May 19 with 694 viewsDarran

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:25 - May 19 by Sirjohnalot

Saundersfoot for our official 2 weeks. Flat on the beach, rugby, cricket and football on the sand, then in the sea. Arcade on the prom and Oakwood near the end.

When we were home, Aberavon and Porthcawl beaches or ‘Up the Gnoll’ to play.

Never thought once of going abroad

Be nothing without my parents. Owe them everything

Do you know Neale Howells?

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:40 - May 19 with 686 viewsSirjohnalot

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:32 - May 19 by Darran

Do you know Neale Howells?

No mate. My dad probably does, he knows everyone
Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:51 - May 19 with 678 viewsDarran

Where did you spend your best summers when growing up? on 19:40 - May 19 by Sirjohnalot

No mate. My dad probably does, he knows everyone

Artist he is did the cover for the Manics album Know Your Enemy went to Cefn Saeson.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024