Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96145 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:27 - Sep 6 with 1314 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:07 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

Following your policies has led to an increase from 8 new cases a day to 98 today. That says it all about the success of the policies that you have been advocating and we havent factored in overseas student.

You say it isnt a free for all but from one place alone we had 30 cases in a week. How many of those have spread it to others and how many have they led to being infected.

It doesnt take a genius to see that countries who have closed their borders have had very few deaths and we have had so many. Even if places had far more cases they are significantly less per head of population than we have and that is without the 5000 Johnson's government removed.

I for one think we should learn the lessons from elsewhere. We owe it to 40-60000 that have died who would not have had we imposed controls from the start but you think all these deaths are worth it for business. That suns up the difference. I put life at the top. You like Johnson dont . Because of it many thousands have died who could have been saved.

I'm sorry you are hopelessly out of touch.

We should have shut our borders back in March but there is nothing wrong with air bridges at present, Germany is less restrictive than the UK now. The virus is here now shutting borders isn't going to keep it out.

This virus is bad no doubt about it, but many times more lives could be lost through the direct impacts of a very prolonged national lock down, especially if we were still in the situation we were in in April, is that what you want?

You're OK, I'm ok, but I know lots of people who wouldn't be.

As I've said I think the eat out to help out scheme was a way for pubs and restaurants to line their pockets in case they need to close in the future to hopefully buy them a little time. Those businesses in Wales have had a month less than over the border for no good reason.

We have to move on as safely as possible, with local restrictions if needed to protect our health services.

We have 98 new cases and rising, it could easily be 300 over the next couple of weeks, but less people are ill than ever before. Long may that continue.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Sep 6 with 1297 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:27 - Sep 6 by Scotia

I'm sorry you are hopelessly out of touch.

We should have shut our borders back in March but there is nothing wrong with air bridges at present, Germany is less restrictive than the UK now. The virus is here now shutting borders isn't going to keep it out.

This virus is bad no doubt about it, but many times more lives could be lost through the direct impacts of a very prolonged national lock down, especially if we were still in the situation we were in in April, is that what you want?

You're OK, I'm ok, but I know lots of people who wouldn't be.

As I've said I think the eat out to help out scheme was a way for pubs and restaurants to line their pockets in case they need to close in the future to hopefully buy them a little time. Those businesses in Wales have had a month less than over the border for no good reason.

We have to move on as safely as possible, with local restrictions if needed to protect our health services.

We have 98 new cases and rising, it could easily be 300 over the next couple of weeks, but less people are ill than ever before. Long may that continue.

Your comment I'M ok Your ok is fine but 40-60000 arent as they have died and many would still be here if our government followed what has been done in other countries where keeping borders closed has prevented widescale lock of life. Opening Air Bridges is going to lead to many more sadly as will opening pubs.

Australia has the equivalent deaths of 2000 in the UK. New Zealand 300. Singapore 400, Malaysia 300 yet we have somewhere in excess of 40,000 depending on which figures you take. Today the new cases in the UK has gone up to 2988 according to Sky News. It was 500 a few weeks ago.

There needs to be a break put on and we will probably soon be back in lockdown. Importing cases from abroad is absolutely ridiculous and that is what has happened. That adding to the opening of pubs has created this problem. You only have to look at photos outside Coyote Ugly in Cardiff to see the lack of social distancing and that has nothing to do with Drakeford. The 2 metre rule has been here since March.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/shocking-scenes-card
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:38 - Sep 6 with 1289 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

Your comment I'M ok Your ok is fine but 40-60000 arent as they have died and many would still be here if our government followed what has been done in other countries where keeping borders closed has prevented widescale lock of life. Opening Air Bridges is going to lead to many more sadly as will opening pubs.

Australia has the equivalent deaths of 2000 in the UK. New Zealand 300. Singapore 400, Malaysia 300 yet we have somewhere in excess of 40,000 depending on which figures you take. Today the new cases in the UK has gone up to 2988 according to Sky News. It was 500 a few weeks ago.

There needs to be a break put on and we will probably soon be back in lockdown. Importing cases from abroad is absolutely ridiculous and that is what has happened. That adding to the opening of pubs has created this problem. You only have to look at photos outside Coyote Ugly in Cardiff to see the lack of social distancing and that has nothing to do with Drakeford. The 2 metre rule has been here since March.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/shocking-scenes-card

Many of those deaths would have happened not long after, Many of those were not from Covid, the figures were massaged!

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:24 - Sep 6 with 1279 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:38 - Sep 6 by Andy1300

Many of those deaths would have happened not long after, Many of those were not from Covid, the figures were massaged!

Nonsense. You need to learn to live in the real world. What benefit is there in trying to increase figures. It looks worse for politicians hence the UK government removing 5000.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:48 - Sep 6 with 1268 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:28 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

Why is it nothing to do with Drakeford? It is all 100%to do with Drakeford in Wales he is first minister.

Coyote Ugly could and should have been closed down, even if just to make an example.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:25 - Sep 6 with 1261 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:48 - Sep 6 by Scotia

Why is it nothing to do with Drakeford? It is all 100%to do with Drakeford in Wales he is first minister.

Coyote Ugly could and should have been closed down, even if just to make an example.

I agree it should be closed down along with all the others bars and pubs on St Mary's, Wind Street and elsewhere flouting the advice. You have been claiming it is Drakeford's fault for not giving pubs advice and Drakeford is not responsible for this. Everyone knows the social distancing has been 2 metres and not 2 inches.

We need these places to be closed down along with an effective border control. This is why other places have been successful in keeping their figures so much lower than others in the UK but is is you who has been arguing for these places to open. I have wanted them kept closed because of the likely effect as has happened.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:35 - Sep 6 with 1256 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:24 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

Nonsense. You need to learn to live in the real world. What benefit is there in trying to increase figures. It looks worse for politicians hence the UK government removing 5000.

Removed 5000 deaths that shouldn’t have been classed as covid, perhaps you want to get your head out of your backside and get into the real world.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:43 - Sep 6 with 1255 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:35 - Sep 6 by Andy1300

Removed 5000 deaths that shouldn’t have been classed as covid, perhaps you want to get your head out of your backside and get into the real world.

The real world shows that many countries have only a fraction of our Death rates. Perhaps you need to look at how successfully other countries have been compared to here. Keeping borders closed and not taking holidays has been part of the reason they have around the equivalent of 300-400 deaths and we have 41000 if you believe Public Health England and over 50,000 according to ONS. 65000 more have died this year than the average of the last 5 years which tells the real story not your absolute nonsense. You wouldn't be going on holiday abroad if you were living in Singapore. They have taken this seriously unlike some here.
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:14 - Sep 6 with 1246 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:25 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

I agree it should be closed down along with all the others bars and pubs on St Mary's, Wind Street and elsewhere flouting the advice. You have been claiming it is Drakeford's fault for not giving pubs advice and Drakeford is not responsible for this. Everyone knows the social distancing has been 2 metres and not 2 inches.

We need these places to be closed down along with an effective border control. This is why other places have been successful in keeping their figures so much lower than others in the UK but is is you who has been arguing for these places to open. I have wanted them kept closed because of the likely effect as has happened.

I'm sorry but that is factually wrong. Pubs opened with no guidance or enforcement. As I have said a number of times. That is down to WG. Of course publicans know what they should do, but they've been closed for 4 months and will close again in all likelihood. They'll maximise their profits.

Where is Drakeford anyway?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:07 - Sep 6 with 1239 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:14 - Sep 6 by Scotia

I'm sorry but that is factually wrong. Pubs opened with no guidance or enforcement. As I have said a number of times. That is down to WG. Of course publicans know what they should do, but they've been closed for 4 months and will close again in all likelihood. They'll maximise their profits.

Where is Drakeford anyway?

You have just given a very good reason why pubs shouldnt have reopened by justifying the fact that they would put profit before public health and safety. Publicans like everybody else know the 2 metre rule but some it appears choose to ignore it.

As far Drakeford I really dont know why you would expect me to know or him to give me his whereabouts as I dont even know or haven even met him but I suspect he might be on holiday. If he is I hope he doesnt camp illegally on somebody elses land unlike another leadre
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:04 - Sep 6 with 1213 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:07 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

You have just given a very good reason why pubs shouldnt have reopened by justifying the fact that they would put profit before public health and safety. Publicans like everybody else know the 2 metre rule but some it appears choose to ignore it.

As far Drakeford I really dont know why you would expect me to know or him to give me his whereabouts as I dont even know or haven even met him but I suspect he might be on holiday. If he is I hope he doesnt camp illegally on somebody elses land unlike another leadre

👏👏

Difficult day on the new cases front, but Wales still better than elsewhere.
Praise the Lord that the death rate remains low. 🙏🏿

[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 21:05]

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:06 - Sep 6 with 1211 viewsCatullus

If we're going to close a business for putting profit before public health and safety....well that's a massive can of worms and a whole new thread

Where pubs are concerned, we all know alcohol erases common sense, it really is that simple. Put that togetherwith the natural stupidity of youth and hey presto, a rise in cases.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 1202 viewsScotia

I don't know where he is either. He's disappeared. The biggest crisis to hit the country in a generation and he seems to have vanished just as we move to the most important stage of the situation with schools and universities returning.

Do you honestly think that pubs should not be open under any circumstance?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:40 - Sep 6 with 1190 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:26 - Sep 6 by Scotia

I don't know where he is either. He's disappeared. The biggest crisis to hit the country in a generation and he seems to have vanished just as we move to the most important stage of the situation with schools and universities returning.

Do you honestly think that pubs should not be open under any circumstance?

I think there are specific problems with pubs which means it isnt safe to reopen all of them. I think the pubs people for meals arent a major problem. People will sit on their own tables and as long as they are properly spaced out there wont be a problem but there are 2 areas where this will be problems and it wont be safe to open.

The first is the problem you raised when you were out with your father. People will ignore social distancing and end up sitting together on the same table. This is likely to lead to a spread of the virus and makes it adviseable those pubs closed. Secondly there are major problems in places like Wind Street and Cardiff with huge crowds and lack of social distancing. I have long worried about the effect that was going to have and from what I have read and seen reported keeping these pubs open will lead to further problems.

As far as Drakeford is concerned I assume he is on holiday which is no difference to waht Johnson done. The issue of schools is handled by Kirsty Williams who I am sure is caple of handling it. Both her and the Health Minister are here and I am certain they will have contact with Drakeford.

Most of the day to day issues are dealt with by the likes of Public Health Wales who are the professionals and should be the ones listened to anyway. One of my major beefs with Johnson and Co is the fact the dont follow the advice of the likes of sage and Public Health England. They are the experts and the rest of us should not be over ruling their advice.

It is precisely because Johnson thought he know better that there has been so many deaths more in England and again today had 1 and 1/2 times the already huge amount of cases that Wales had.

For what is worth I suspect Drakeford will be back by Thursday when the decision is made whether to open up further which in view of the rise in cases over the last 10 days I doubt will happen
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:11 - Sep 6 with 1179 viewsmajorraglan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:40 - Sep 6 by exhmrc1

I think there are specific problems with pubs which means it isnt safe to reopen all of them. I think the pubs people for meals arent a major problem. People will sit on their own tables and as long as they are properly spaced out there wont be a problem but there are 2 areas where this will be problems and it wont be safe to open.

The first is the problem you raised when you were out with your father. People will ignore social distancing and end up sitting together on the same table. This is likely to lead to a spread of the virus and makes it adviseable those pubs closed. Secondly there are major problems in places like Wind Street and Cardiff with huge crowds and lack of social distancing. I have long worried about the effect that was going to have and from what I have read and seen reported keeping these pubs open will lead to further problems.

As far as Drakeford is concerned I assume he is on holiday which is no difference to waht Johnson done. The issue of schools is handled by Kirsty Williams who I am sure is caple of handling it. Both her and the Health Minister are here and I am certain they will have contact with Drakeford.

Most of the day to day issues are dealt with by the likes of Public Health Wales who are the professionals and should be the ones listened to anyway. One of my major beefs with Johnson and Co is the fact the dont follow the advice of the likes of sage and Public Health England. They are the experts and the rest of us should not be over ruling their advice.

It is precisely because Johnson thought he know better that there has been so many deaths more in England and again today had 1 and 1/2 times the already huge amount of cases that Wales had.

For what is worth I suspect Drakeford will be back by Thursday when the decision is made whether to open up further which in view of the rise in cases over the last 10 days I doubt will happen

It’s a difficult set of circumstances and there are competing needs.

We have seen spikes in cases in food processing plants and now we are seeing spikes linked to the night time economy. Enforcement is down to the local authority, if venues can not operate and comply with the law and social distancing then it’s quite simple- shut them down like the council in Wolverhampton did. Scenes like those outside Coyote Ugly aren’t acceptable, quite simply it needs sorting or shutting. I am all in favour of allowing pubs to stay open, as long as they operate sensibly, table service, plenty of ventilation etc.

In terms of air bridges, some countries have lower rates of infection in some parts, but traveling back in a metal tube with recirculating air is not good news, you only need 1 or 2 infected passengers out of 200 or 300 and anything can happen.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:48 - Sep 7 with 1119 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cases in wales per 100,000 is 583
Cases in England per 100,000 is 532

Why is the infection rate is Wales still higher than england despite the longer and more restrictive lockdown regulations in Wales than England.

Infection rates should be much lower in Wales given it's far lower population density and no large cities or metropolitan areas over 500,000.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:53 - Sep 10 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:48 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Cases in wales per 100,000 is 583
Cases in England per 100,000 is 532

Why is the infection rate is Wales still higher than england despite the longer and more restrictive lockdown regulations in Wales than England.

Infection rates should be much lower in Wales given it's far lower population density and no large cities or metropolitan areas over 500,000.

I see that labour and plaid want to increase the number of assembly members by 30 at an estimated cost of £12 million a year. Not sure how that would help Wales other than putting more people on the gravey train that the Welah Assembly. Perhaps in return they could reduce the number of councils from 22 to around about 12 to 15 to offset the cost.

90 welsh assembly members would equate to Westminster having 1800 MPs.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 1034 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:53 - Sep 10 by felixstowe_jack

I see that labour and plaid want to increase the number of assembly members by 30 at an estimated cost of £12 million a year. Not sure how that would help Wales other than putting more people on the gravey train that the Welah Assembly. Perhaps in return they could reduce the number of councils from 22 to around about 12 to 15 to offset the cost.

I've made the point that we are over represented before. I've also suggested that if the Senedd says it will cost 12 million it will probably cost a lot more and asked where cuts will be made to pay for this increase?

I also asked why do we need MP's and AM's, surely it is the FM's job to represent Wales in Westminster and some kind of mechanism should be put in place, paying 2 lots of (already well paid) politicians to do one job is just a waste.

The WAG (as was) tried to move towards reducing the number of councils but the WLGA kicked up such a fuss the Senedd droped it. Obviously the turkeys weren't happy about Christmas coming and stopped it by any means they could. Wales has far too many politicians as it is, the last thing we need or want is more. I wonder how many millions could be freed up if we made sensible cuts. 22 councils for a country of round 3.5 million is crazy, no wonder we're broke and nothing gets done. too much red tape, too many people needing to plan and agree, just too much BS all around.

Greater Manchester has 10 councils for a population around 2.7 million so on that basis Wales could manage with 13 councils. Lets cut some slack and allow for different geography and demographics and call it 15, we coud still cut 30% of our councils away.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:40 - Sep 22 with 961 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:53 - Sep 10 by Catullus

I've made the point that we are over represented before. I've also suggested that if the Senedd says it will cost 12 million it will probably cost a lot more and asked where cuts will be made to pay for this increase?

I also asked why do we need MP's and AM's, surely it is the FM's job to represent Wales in Westminster and some kind of mechanism should be put in place, paying 2 lots of (already well paid) politicians to do one job is just a waste.

The WAG (as was) tried to move towards reducing the number of councils but the WLGA kicked up such a fuss the Senedd droped it. Obviously the turkeys weren't happy about Christmas coming and stopped it by any means they could. Wales has far too many politicians as it is, the last thing we need or want is more. I wonder how many millions could be freed up if we made sensible cuts. 22 councils for a country of round 3.5 million is crazy, no wonder we're broke and nothing gets done. too much red tape, too many people needing to plan and agree, just too much BS all around.

Greater Manchester has 10 councils for a population around 2.7 million so on that basis Wales could manage with 13 councils. Lets cut some slack and allow for different geography and demographics and call it 15, we coud still cut 30% of our councils away.

Good post well argued and will be more efficient and cost effective.
Unfortunately those two points will be lost on Drakeford and his party.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:54 - Sep 22 with 939 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:53 - Sep 10 by felixstowe_jack

No such thing as the Assembly. 🤷‍♂️

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:58 - Sep 22 with 936 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:53 - Sep 10 by Catullus

Trident replacement alone is costing £205 billion.
Scrap it.
We will never use it anyway.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:59 - Sep 22 with 934 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:54 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

No such thing as the Assembly. 🤷‍♂️

Same horse, different jockey.

I love the way it winds you lot up

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:01 - Sep 22 with 931 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:59 - Sep 22 by Andy1300

Same horse, different jockey.

I love the way it winds you lot up

I love the way you always fail to understand things.

You would get more things right if you guessed instead. 🤷‍♂️

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:02 - Sep 22 with 924 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:01 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

I love the way you always fail to understand things.

You would get more things right if you guessed instead. 🤷‍♂️

I will always call it the WAG.

It’s a joking parliament anyway

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:04 - Sep 22 with 920 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:02 - Sep 22 by Andy1300

I will always call it the WAG.

It’s a joking parliament anyway

You are a one ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024