Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easyjet hacked 12:57 - May 19 with 2252 viewsJinxy

Not good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52722626
Easyjet hacked on 13:38 - May 19 with 2209 viewsjack2jack

No,not good,went with them last september.
Although over 2000 customers have had credit card details hacked, Easyjet done seem that bothered.
What happens next?
Easyjet hacked on 14:04 - May 19 with 2194 viewsJinxy

"There is no evidence that any personal information of any nature has been misused". They wouldn't have a clue how the leaked details have, or will be used. Once it's out there, all control is lost obviously. Also they were "aware of it in January" so they will have been busy covering up, getting stories straight and so on. Poor response from them really.

It's a sad sign of the times, and always a risk. We were victims of the Talktalk hack a few years ago - had to change landline number amongst other measures.

Just keep an extra vigilant eye out for suspicious transactions folks.
Easyjet hacked on 15:44 - May 19 with 2141 viewsmonmouth

Shit, I travelled with them too. Tech crap will get us all in the end. We trust it far too much.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Easyjet hacked on 17:57 - May 19 with 2087 viewsLeonWasGod

If anyone has an account with them go and change your password now. And if you've used that password anywhere else then change those too.

Then keep an eye on whether payment details have been included in the breach. if they have you'll probably need a new bank/credit card, but take your bank's advice.
Easyjet hacked on 19:01 - May 19 with 2055 viewskarnataka

Easyjet hacked on 17:57 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

If anyone has an account with them go and change your password now. And if you've used that password anywhere else then change those too.

Then keep an eye on whether payment details have been included in the breach. if they have you'll probably need a new bank/credit card, but take your bank's advice.

It would appear that of the 9 million account holders affected, about 2,200 involved credit card information and Easyjet say they contacted all of those in early April so if you haven't already been contacted, there is a good chance you are not one of them. I made 9 return flights with them in 2019 so will definitely be changing my account details this evening. Will also check which other accounts I use the same password for to see if that should be changed too. Other than that, I'll just be on the lookout for phishing emails.
Easyjet hacked on 07:14 - May 20 with 1978 viewsJinxy

Good advice and info here.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/hackers-access-9-million-easyjet-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024