Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hair Clippers 18:17 - May 23 with 5564 viewsmonmouth

Got a feeling we've done this before, but I'm starting to look like Gandalf and I can't see hairdressers opening up any time soon. Anyone got a recommendation for a decent quality inexpensive hair trimmers?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hair Clippers on 07:13 - May 24 with 1166 viewsepaul

#grownotmow

Ive trimmed my beard once since lockdown, got a tidy beard trimmer, don't think I'll do it again for a while, as for the hair grow grow grow, no intention of getting it cut when barbers finally reopen, undoubtedly my kids and all and sundry will then be badgering me to get it cut, although the missus is happy for me to grow it long.........

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Hair Clippers on 07:47 - May 24 with 1164 viewsVetchfielder

I would recommend buying one with a set of guards rather than one which has one that can be manually set for cutting length.
I had one of those and I was giving myself a number 6 on top and I somehow accidentally moved the setting with my fingers as I was doing it - ended up cutting a strip with something between a 2 and a 3 - horrific. I then had to do the whole of my hair on this setting. And that was on the day before a job interview!
If you get one with a set of guards to snap on, that cannot happen.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Hair Clippers on 08:33 - May 24 with 1148 viewsJimmyGilligan

Hair Clippers on 20:30 - May 23 by exiledclaseboy

Just buy the clippers in my link and you’ll be fine. Together we can eradicate barbers. Especially the one in Brynhyfryd who took so long to cut someone’s hair cos of telling his terrible (and often very racist) jokes that he’s single handedly responsible for me going for DIY head shaving many years ago.

You talking about Pete? Been going to him off and on for 30 years.

I've had the earlier version of this https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/QC5570_13/headgroom-do-it-yourself-hair-clipper for years, barely ever used it until the lockdown.
Hair Clippers on 08:35 - May 24 with 1147 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hair Clippers on 08:33 - May 24 by JimmyGilligan

You talking about Pete? Been going to him off and on for 30 years.

I've had the earlier version of this https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/QC5570_13/headgroom-do-it-yourself-hair-clipper for years, barely ever used it until the lockdown.

That’s the fella. Did my swede in. You could go in there with one in front of you and come out two hours later.

Poll: Tory leader

Hair Clippers on 08:38 - May 24 with 1143 viewsJackinexile1

I've tried looking for a few of the cheaper clippers but they are sold out everywhere! I don't want a shaved head, its an odd shape...

I cut my fringe with some kitchen scissors and know I look like Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber.
Hair Clippers on 08:39 - May 24 with 1142 viewsJimmyGilligan

Hair Clippers on 08:35 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the fella. Did my swede in. You could go in there with one in front of you and come out two hours later.

If I see there's more than 2 people in there through the window I don't even bother going in

He's definitely a character, always been a gent with me. Go there long enough and you learn to block out his jokes.
Hair Clippers on 08:42 - May 24 with 1140 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hair Clippers on 08:39 - May 24 by JimmyGilligan

If I see there's more than 2 people in there through the window I don't even bother going in

He's definitely a character, always been a gent with me. Go there long enough and you learn to block out his jokes.

He’s unfailingly polite and used to give me a free cut every Christmas cos back in the day I was there once a week. But it just took too much time in the end. I stopped going there and started doing it myself years ago.

Poll: Tory leader

Hair Clippers on 10:39 - May 24 with 1095 viewsFieryJack

Most recognisable clipper brands (Wahl, Braun, Remington) had sold out on Amazon/Argos a few weeks ago.

Ended up buying an obscure brand called Surker. Made in China, of course. £50, which is more than I wanted to pay.

Well pleased with them & myself. Did a DIY job for the first time ever and it looks as good, if not better, than my regular barber's cut. Number 1 on the back and sides, and a number 3 on top. Mrs done the back of my neck. Doubt I'll be going back to the barber's now.

Thinking of offering out my services to the following, who could all do with a damn good haircut:

Grant Shapps, Tomasz Schafernaker, Shaun Leys.

The latter is an obscure BBC newsreader. He's bald, but his bloody sideburns are a disgrace.
Login to get fewer ads

Hair Clippers on 10:41 - May 24 with 1094 viewsJackinexile1

Hair Clippers on 08:42 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

He’s unfailingly polite and used to give me a free cut every Christmas cos back in the day I was there once a week. But it just took too much time in the end. I stopped going there and started doing it myself years ago.

I hate polite small talk so going to the barbers is not my favourite thing, I prefer the dentist.

Same questions all the time "Where you going on holiday this year?"

[Post edited 24 May 2020 10:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024