Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. 10:37 - May 31 with 1839 viewsthornabyswan

Premier League starting 17th June.
No date set for the Championship yet but with a vote set for the 8th June and most clubs in favour of a resumption it looks likely.

Am i right in thinking that if the season gets curtailed the standings at the time will be final and promotion relegation play offs will be based on that.

So a good start in the first 3 or 4 games could see us in a play off spot.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 11:03 - May 31 with 1811 viewssainthelens

Season just has to be completed in full for anything to make sense.
If covid had kicked in after say 5 games of start of season, would the same rule of points per game/promo relegation apply.

Otherwise it's a total joke.
When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 11:42 - May 31 with 1783 viewsdickythorpe

I fear a second spike before this scheduled resumption or if season does start again it may not finish.
When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 12:47 - May 31 with 1756 viewsthornabyswan

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 11:42 - May 31 by dickythorpe

I fear a second spike before this scheduled resumption or if season does start again it may not finish.

Yes I think you maybe right but I am sure that the EFL and PL are going to change the regulations with a vote before it resumes.

So that if the season was curtailed the tables would be final written in before the resumption.

With no legal challenges to worry about as the clubs would have voted this in 51% required I think.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 12:51]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 13:18 - May 31 with 1735 viewsCatullus

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 12:47 - May 31 by thornabyswan

Yes I think you maybe right but I am sure that the EFL and PL are going to change the regulations with a vote before it resumes.

So that if the season was curtailed the tables would be final written in before the resumption.

With no legal challenges to worry about as the clubs would have voted this in 51% required I think.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 12:51]

This is why I agree the season nees to be completed...eventually and new rules need to be drawn up to take account of future situations like this.

Clubs that gain, like those currently in play of or promo spots will love it, relegation placed teams will hate it and there will be legal action by those who in any way feel cheated. It's a minefield. PPG just causes more problems and will they do home and away PPG, Villa might want that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 15:30 - May 31 with 1673 viewsPozuelosSideys

A restart and completion of the season in full could benefit us more than others if the start to this season is anything to go by. If we come out of the blocks quick again we play a few teams above us who we can catch in six pointers for the play off places, plus a couple of really poor teams we should be beating like Luton, Boro and Reading without too much of the middlers in between.

A few thought that Cooper was a "tournament manager" - ie 6 to 8 games of good stuff and then we fell away during the long haul marathon of the championship due to our poor consistency. I hope we can see just how true that is. Im personally keen to get this season restarted and complete, i think we can take advantage.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 15:31]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

When the sesson resumes could points per game kick in. on 16:23 - May 31 with 1638 viewsBadlands

I'm still favouring carrying the season over and combining it with 2020-21.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024