Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! 15:14 - Jun 2 with 1996 viewsPegojack

Nothing political in this post from me, my friends, just a recommendation to come to the northern Costa Blanca for your hols when regulations allow, it's fab around here. Forget your Torremolinos, Torrevieja and Benidorm, head here instead for the true Spanish beach holiday experience.
Check out Javea, Denia, Oliva. Fantastic beaches, lovely bars and restaurants.
Me, the missus and two friends have just been to lunch at a family restaurant a couple of hundred metres back from the beach between Oliva and Denia called Chiringuita de Pepe, a favourite of ours.
This is what I had - pre starter, big mixed salad with bread, starter Valencian paella, with pork rib pieces, butter beans, safron. Main course - oven baked quarter chicken portion in sauce with chips. Dessert - coffee flan and cream. Half bottle of red wine. Coffee americano and a glass of whisky equivalent to seven or eight british measures. Total cost 11.50 euros a head, about £10.
The thermometer is just touching 30C as I speak. Afternoon in the pool beckons.
Come and visit!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 15:16]
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 15:34 - Jun 2 with 1953 viewsLohengrin

Yeah! thanks for that, Peg. I’m sat here casting a rueful eye at the clock as I get ready to go in twelve-hour nights.

It’s cheered me up no end...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 15:42 - Jun 2 with 1938 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 15:34 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

Yeah! thanks for that, Peg. I’m sat here casting a rueful eye at the clock as I get ready to go in twelve-hour nights.

It’s cheered me up no end...

Sorry, mate, but I earned it! Never mind, retirement will come soon enough, and in the meantime, Jacks are always welcome here (well, apart from a couple).....
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:16 - Jun 2 with 1810 viewsjack_lord

I checked the restaurant out, how on earth would your normal punter happen upon that particular establishment?
My taste buds are tingling and salivating over the prospect of eating at such wondrous delights.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:35 - Jun 2 with 1789 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:16 - Jun 2 by jack_lord

I checked the restaurant out, how on earth would your normal punter happen upon that particular establishment?
My taste buds are tingling and salivating over the prospect of eating at such wondrous delights.

Aye, it's a bit off the beaten track, although only a couple of hundred metres from a fab beach.
You've got to be in the know.
*taps nose*
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 19:21 - Jun 3 with 1627 viewslonglostjack

Highlight of my short stay in Valencia. Delicious wild boar dish, red wine and great company! Next time Pego CF will definitely take priority over a teenager with a hangover mind ! ;-)

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:34 - Jun 3 with 1565 viewsFireboy2

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 15:42 - Jun 2 by Pegojack

Sorry, mate, but I earned it! Never mind, retirement will come soon enough, and in the meantime, Jacks are always welcome here (well, apart from a couple).....

Am I one of the couple pego?

If not I will be over as soon as this shit is over with

Btw please please please let one of them be darran 🙏
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 20:45]
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:38 - Jun 3 with 1562 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 19:21 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

Highlight of my short stay in Valencia. Delicious wild boar dish, red wine and great company! Next time Pego CF will definitely take priority over a teenager with a hangover mind ! ;-)

Cheers, matey, come back soon.

When I made the original post, I had no thought of advertising on behalf of my neighbour BUT -
if anyone does fancy a holiday out here, the villa next to mine is a holiday home (two bedrooms, private swimming pool) owned by an English guy who has become a mate of mine in the last year. He uses it himself but also hires it out. No idea of price but I'm told not exhorbitant. Anyone interested, I'd be happy to put you in touch with him if you PM me.
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 1533 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:34 - Jun 3 by Fireboy2

Am I one of the couple pego?

If not I will be over as soon as this shit is over with

Btw please please please let one of them be darran 🙏
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 20:45]

No mate, I'm just not too keen on Boris brown nosers....
Login to get fewer ads

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:53 - Jun 3 with 1528 viewsFireboy2

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:49 - Jun 3 by Pegojack

No mate, I'm just not too keen on Boris brown nosers....

Nice one, as I've said that means you will be getting a visit off me hopefully very soon and I might bring builthy and STID17, if you dont mind that is
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:58 - Jun 3 with 1522 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:53 - Jun 3 by Fireboy2

Nice one, as I've said that means you will be getting a visit off me hopefully very soon and I might bring builthy and STID17, if you dont mind that is

No problem 👍
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 1487 viewsjack_lord

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 20:38 - Jun 3 by Pegojack

Cheers, matey, come back soon.

When I made the original post, I had no thought of advertising on behalf of my neighbour BUT -
if anyone does fancy a holiday out here, the villa next to mine is a holiday home (two bedrooms, private swimming pool) owned by an English guy who has become a mate of mine in the last year. He uses it himself but also hires it out. No idea of price but I'm told not exhorbitant. Anyone interested, I'd be happy to put you in touch with him if you PM me.

Is there enough in the area to keep my 16 year old daughter interested. We are in it for the food, weather history and scenery but that sucks for a teenage girl.

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:32 - Jun 3 with 1461 viewsPegojack

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 21:46 - Jun 3 by jack_lord

Is there enough in the area to keep my 16 year old daughter interested. We are in it for the food, weather history and scenery but that sucks for a teenage girl.

It's a relatively quiet area, you'd need a car to get around. The beaches get busy in the summer, Javea in particular which is very much a holiday resort. Not much to keep a 16 year old girl occupied except 16 year old boys!
Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 23:07 - Jun 3 with 1423 viewsCatullus

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:35 - Jun 2 by Pegojack

Aye, it's a bit off the beaten track, although only a couple of hundred metres from a fab beach.
You've got to be in the know.
*taps nose*

Off the beaten track si where you find all the best places though. Wherever we go (or will go) we usually find a local shop and ask where the locals go!

Apart from Barcelona where we did the very touristy stuff, walked down Las Ramblas and the Nou Camp tour etc.

We don't mind an hour or two by the pool in the evening but we're not beach people, there's too much to see. Valencia I fancy next. Or maybe Italy, virus permitting.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 23:25 - Jun 3 with 1417 viewsjack_lord

Visit the northern Costa Blanca! on 22:32 - Jun 3 by Pegojack

It's a relatively quiet area, you'd need a car to get around. The beaches get busy in the summer, Javea in particular which is very much a holiday resort. Not much to keep a 16 year old girl occupied except 16 year old boys!

Ive been to Calpe a good while back which was quite pleasant but maybe a trip to Denia may have to be done without the daughter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024