Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CHAZ 18:39 - Jun 13 with 5141 viewsNotLoyal

Interesting concept
If it's new to you, Google it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

CHAZ on 20:34 - Jun 13 with 4545 viewsDJack

Seattle?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

CHAZ on 20:38 - Jun 13 with 4536 viewsexiledclaseboy

CHAZ on 20:34 - Jun 13 by DJack

Seattle?

DC.

Poll: Tory leader

CHAZ on 20:41 - Jun 13 with 4528 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 20:38 - Jun 13 by exiledclaseboy

DC.

Ta.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

CHAZ on 20:54 - Jun 13 with 4506 viewsNeath_Jack

Nothing to do with Dave then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

CHAZ on 21:08 - Jun 13 with 4485 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 20:54 - Jun 13 by Neath_Jack

Nothing to do with Dave then.

No that was HAL.

CHAZ on 21:27 - Jun 13 with 4457 viewsPozuelosSideys

I know this is a very different set of circumstances, but it has a horrible WACO feel about it. I dont see how it can end well.

The vegan options are meant to be shocking apparently. Nothing but mushrooms.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 21:27]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

CHAZ on 21:33 - Jun 13 with 4433 viewsJimmyGilligan

CHAZ on 20:38 - Jun 13 by exiledclaseboy

DC.

It's Seattle, Washington State. Other side of the country.
CHAZ on 23:07 - Jun 13 with 4366 viewsexiledclaseboy

CHAZ on 21:33 - Jun 13 by JimmyGilligan

It's Seattle, Washington State. Other side of the country.

My mistake.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

CHAZ on 00:51 - Jun 14 with 4324 viewsNotLoyal

CHAZ on 23:07 - Jun 13 by exiledclaseboy

My mistake.

This is going to end very dramatically just in time for the American right to remember just before polling time. If nothing else a single white supremacist will call an end to it. But I doubt if he or she will be working alone.

OK I've changed it.

CHAZ on 01:43 - Jun 14 with 4308 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 00:51 - Jun 14 by NotLoyal

This is going to end very dramatically just in time for the American right to remember just before polling time. If nothing else a single white supremacist will call an end to it. But I doubt if he or she will be working alone.

Care to expand, cos from most peoples point of view the American right has been active very recently... you know, armed blokes protesting outside governers office. Right wing groups (actually, just one group) making up different state based anti lockdown groups.

CHAZ on 01:50 - Jun 14 with 4301 viewsNotLoyal

CHAZ on 01:43 - Jun 14 by DJack

Care to expand, cos from most peoples point of view the American right has been active very recently... you know, armed blokes protesting outside governers office. Right wing groups (actually, just one group) making up different state based anti lockdown groups.

It's only an opinion but one oaklahoma bomber could send seattle in to melt down. Apparently he wasn't govt sponsored though. Its a political melting pot.
Funny thing is, CHAZ are the very people who laughed at trump for building a wall and placing armed security to protect it and that's the first thing these people did.

As for the USA predominantly right wing Covid protests, same thing different hygiene..

OK I've changed it.

CHAZ on 02:00 - Jun 14 with 4297 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 01:43 - Jun 14 by DJack

I mean that it has a cultish vibe about it. Seattle has had its problems in recent years anyway. But for 200 people to 'take' that capitol building is one thing, however i just cant see the security services letting that go on for a long period of time. The demands are like that episode of the Simpsons where they declare themselves an independent nation.

The majority of these people will likely buckle if the pressure comes on, probably liberal minded but just devoid of reality. But the leader of this thing appears to be armed and of military background if the press reports are to be belived (no idea how true)

If they dont move, then we know how it will likely end.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

CHAZ on 02:11 - Jun 14 with 4289 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 02:00 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

I mean that it has a cultish vibe about it. Seattle has had its problems in recent years anyway. But for 200 people to 'take' that capitol building is one thing, however i just cant see the security services letting that go on for a long period of time. The demands are like that episode of the Simpsons where they declare themselves an independent nation.

The majority of these people will likely buckle if the pressure comes on, probably liberal minded but just devoid of reality. But the leader of this thing appears to be armed and of military background if the press reports are to be belived (no idea how true)

If they dont move, then we know how it will likely end.

Oh dear, I'm on about Michigan and how SWAT/FBI/Homeland Security just stood back and let nutjobs "threaten" the State Governor... not a problem as they were white, right wing, armed protesters.

CHAZ on 02:14 - Jun 14 with 4287 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 02:11 - Jun 14 by DJack

Oh dear, I'm on about Michigan and how SWAT/FBI/Homeland Security just stood back and let nutjobs "threaten" the State Governor... not a problem as they were white, right wing, armed protesters.

Whoops. Need to put my glasses on. Completely fhucked that up. For some reason i thought your response was to my post, not Loyals.. ffs what a plum

CHAZ on 02:16 - Jun 14 with 4283 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 02:14 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

Whoops. Need to put my glasses on. Completely fhucked that up. For some reason i thought your response was to my post, not Loyals.. ffs what a plum

Any thoughts on right wingers threatening the ELECTED leader of their State?

CHAZ on 02:18 - Jun 14 with 4281 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 02:16 - Jun 14 by DJack

Any thoughts on right wingers threatening the ELECTED leader of their State?

Haven't seen that. Got a link?

CHAZ on 02:40 - Jun 14 with 4269 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 02:18 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

Haven't seen that. Got a link?

Practically the top search item on DuckDuckGo...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/michigan-protests-coronavirus-lo

CHAZ on 02:50 - Jun 14 with 4259 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ta

Listen, anybody of any political persuasion who commits a criminal offence or engages in threats of violence should expect a 6 o'clock knock and be charged and prosecuted and I would hope that happens in this instance too. From what I can gather in the article, the majority of people were peaceful, but still I don't agree that anyone should 'take' buildings or threaten others.

I have some sympathy for the feds in both these instances as well as the march last week. Going in heavy handed on the small minority will only inflame the situation. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Protests of all kinds should remain largely on the street. Said what needs to be said. Make all the noise. Go nuts. But peacefully.

The very small minorities which go around causing damage and threats and violence is what irks people.

CHAZ on 02:56 - Jun 14 with 4255 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 02:50 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

Ta

Listen, anybody of any political persuasion who commits a criminal offence or engages in threats of violence should expect a 6 o'clock knock and be charged and prosecuted and I would hope that happens in this instance too. From what I can gather in the article, the majority of people were peaceful, but still I don't agree that anyone should 'take' buildings or threaten others.

I have some sympathy for the feds in both these instances as well as the march last week. Going in heavy handed on the small minority will only inflame the situation. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Protests of all kinds should remain largely on the street. Said what needs to be said. Make all the noise. Go nuts. But peacefully.

The very small minorities which go around causing damage and threats and violence is what irks people.

Contrast the reaction of that event to unarmed BLM events in the States. I know that it is a little unfair to compare the UK and US but my point is conservative/populist governments tolerance of white right wingers versus any kind of non white protest... not quite equal.

CHAZ on 03:11 - Jun 14 with 4249 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 02:56 - Jun 14 by DJack

Contrast the reaction of that event to unarmed BLM events in the States. I know that it is a little unfair to compare the UK and US but my point is conservative/populist governments tolerance of white right wingers versus any kind of non white protest... not quite equal.

You might need to elaborate what you mean there as the BLM event certainly wasn't unarmed as there were a number of murders committed. I've possibly misunderstood your point tho? I'm assuming we are just talking the US here ?

Can we also be clear about what we mean by 'right wingers'. Big difference between the large numbers of moderate conservative right and the far right nutjob minority.

CHAZ on 03:20 - Jun 14 with 4244 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 03:11 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

You might need to elaborate what you mean there as the BLM event certainly wasn't unarmed as there were a number of murders committed. I've possibly misunderstood your point tho? I'm assuming we are just talking the US here ?

Can we also be clear about what we mean by 'right wingers'. Big difference between the large numbers of moderate conservative right and the far right nutjob minority.

For clarification I should have said the Previous BLM protest not the current ones...

Just like this dangerous protestor

As for the "moderate conservative right"... hahahaha! Most of the democratic party would be called Tories by the UK.

As for Michigan well these beauties...

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/1211398273/960x0.jpg?fit=scale

CHAZ on 03:31 - Jun 14 with 4235 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 03:20 - Jun 14 by DJack

For clarification I should have said the Previous BLM protest not the current ones...

Just like this dangerous protestor

As for the "moderate conservative right"... hahahaha! Most of the democratic party would be called Tories by the UK.

As for Michigan well these beauties...

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/1211398273/960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Lol those two pictures at the bottom are their yokel version of our football hooligan fools like we saw today. Main difference being they're tooled up and more dangerous. Same rules should apply though, step over the line and you get slapped up.

I was referring to the UK version of conservative right. My bad, should have been more clear. The US is way more polarised than we are imo and I hope we don't get there and I don't think we will.

CHAZ on 03:35 - Jun 14 with 4233 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 03:31 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

Lol those two pictures at the bottom are their yokel version of our football hooligan fools like we saw today. Main difference being they're tooled up and more dangerous. Same rules should apply though, step over the line and you get slapped up.

I was referring to the UK version of conservative right. My bad, should have been more clear. The US is way more polarised than we are imo and I hope we don't get there and I don't think we will.

Have you not noticed the UK taling on more and more American "values" in recent years.

As an aside I read this last night

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/12/fiona-hill-trump-putin-populism-

CHAZ on 03:47 - Jun 14 with 4230 viewsPozuelosSideys

CHAZ on 03:35 - Jun 14 by DJack

Have you not noticed the UK taling on more and more American "values" in recent years.

As an aside I read this last night

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/12/fiona-hill-trump-putin-populism-

So we tail on 'some', think it's important that we focus on each one specifically on its own merits though. It's very easy to bundle lots of items together and that really muddies the water and we end up with identity politics which brings it's own problems. Person A agrees with a single point out of 10, but is labelled by others as agreeing with the other 9 even if they find absolutely nothing agreeable with them. That's happening now with all the stuff going on.

Which bits do you mean from the article specifically?

CHAZ on 03:53 - Jun 14 with 4224 viewsDJack

CHAZ on 03:47 - Jun 14 by PozuelosSideys

So we tail on 'some', think it's important that we focus on each one specifically on its own merits though. It's very easy to bundle lots of items together and that really muddies the water and we end up with identity politics which brings it's own problems. Person A agrees with a single point out of 10, but is labelled by others as agreeing with the other 9 even if they find absolutely nothing agreeable with them. That's happening now with all the stuff going on.

Which bits do you mean from the article specifically?

Even though there is a little substance I truly believe that "identity politics" is a catchism of the right and if that is your bag then we have NOTHING in common. Also if you cant see the lost communities and populism them there is no hope for you. Good night

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024