Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This has to be seen 19:45 - Jul 9 with 3204 viewsrockinjac

Very impressive and has genuinely made me think:

I've always loved Michael Holding, when he speaks you listen.
This has to be seen on 20:36 - Jul 9 with 2531 viewsKilkennyjack

Thanks for posting.

The great man knows. ✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

This has to be seen on 00:02 - Jul 10 with 2445 viewsJackinexile1

Yes!
This has to be seen on 13:14 - Jul 10 with 2353 viewsCatullus

I'm sure I tried making this point on a thread somewhere, unless the whole world is in with this we won't stop racism, we'll just have more arguments. This is why all lives matter and all racism is wrong.
To put that in perspective, would anybody accept stopping racism only in London but it carried on across the rest of the UK? No, not me, we need to stop all racism and education is the key.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This has to be seen on 13:18 - Jul 10 with 2349 viewsDrizzy

This has to be seen on 13:14 - Jul 10 by Catullus

I'm sure I tried making this point on a thread somewhere, unless the whole world is in with this we won't stop racism, we'll just have more arguments. This is why all lives matter and all racism is wrong.
To put that in perspective, would anybody accept stopping racism only in London but it carried on across the rest of the UK? No, not me, we need to stop all racism and education is the key.

That's your take from watching the video? Seriously?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

This has to be seen on 13:19 - Jul 10 with 2348 viewsCountyJim

He's a good un is MH

I got called Honky last week by a black guy there are racists of every colour
This has to be seen on 13:22 - Jul 10 with 2344 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 13:18 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

Your mistake there is thinking I watched the video. I read the bit about educating and went with that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

This has to be seen on 13:27 - Jul 10 with 2337 viewsFireboy2

This has to be seen on 13:18 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

Drizzy, you do let yourself down sometimes.
This has to be seen on 13:38 - Jul 10 with 2325 viewsDrizzy

This has to be seen on 13:22 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Your mistake there is thinking I watched the video. I read the bit about educating and went with that.

I don't understand your repetition of all lives matter and all racism is wrong. They're just platitudes, Cats. I don't understand why anyone would only want to stop racism in London but not the UK.

Michael Holding is talking about education promoting the achievements of black people, reversing the dehumanisation of black people and being honest about Britain's past. Specific solutions to specific problems that black people face, not meaningless meandering around the issue.

Login to get fewer ads

This has to be seen on 13:47 - Jul 10 with 2318 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 13:38 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

I don't understand your repetition of all lives matter and all racism is wrong. They're just platitudes, Cats. I don't understand why anyone would only want to stop racism in London but not the UK.

Michael Holding is talking about education promoting the achievements of black people, reversing the dehumanisation of black people and being honest about Britain's past. Specific solutions to specific problems that black people face, not meaningless meandering around the issue.

The thing about London proves the point, I wouldn't only want to stop racism in London, likewise I don't only want to stop racism against black people. I want to stop racism everywhere against everybody.

Education is the key and as soon as the more ignorant realise that all people, regardless of colour or creed are valuable members of our world what will we achieve?
Racism is not just specific to black people. If you think stopping all racism is meanless meandering that your problem.
Evolution doesn't happen in baby steps, it takes ginat leaps, likewise I don't want baby steps forward, I want the giant leap that takes us all past recism. Call me a dreamer.

This has to be seen on 14:06 - Jul 10 with 2298 viewsHighjack

This has to be seen on 13:38 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

We celebrate the achievements of black people all the time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This has to be seen on 14:10 - Jul 10 with 2292 viewsDrizzy

This has to be seen on 14:06 - Jul 10 by Highjack

We celebrate the achievements of black people all the time.

Did you know about Lewis Latimer before watching the video?

This has to be seen on 14:15 - Jul 10 with 2289 viewsHighjack

This has to be seen on 14:10 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

Did you know about Lewis Latimer before watching the video?

I did yes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

This has to be seen on 14:33 - Jul 10 with 2267 viewsDrizzy

This has to be seen on 14:15 - Jul 10 by Highjack

I did yes.

That's great. I think the problem is the majority of people have no idea who he is and the ones that do don't learn it in high school science.

This has to be seen on 14:34 - Jul 10 with 2267 viewsLeonWasGod

"Look at Jesus Christ, the image….pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes…"

Er?

He's right of course, and this is nothing different to what a lot of people have been saying throughout the BLM protests.
This has to be seen on 14:41 - Jul 10 with 2262 viewsHighjack

This has to be seen on 14:33 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

That's great. I think the problem is the majority of people have no idea who he is and the ones that do don't learn it in high school science.

Absolutely. But Edison, Maxim et al had a massive penchant for taking all the credit for other people’s hard work. A lot of great inventors of the age have largely been lost to history.

This has to be seen on 15:13 - Jul 10 with 2233 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 14:33 - Jul 10 by Drizzy

Thing is Drizzy, not having heard of Laitmer isn't anyone's fault, apart from (will I get bored of saying this?) the rich and powerful?
Back in the day it wasn't done to give credit to non whites nor even women. How many had heard of Hazel Hill before today? I certainly hadn't.

White MEN certainly have a lot to answer for and if more people are to hear of the true history, to find out just how conniving and underhand humans have been to each other (usually in the pursuit of profit or at the behest of religious dogma) the education system needs to teach us. SO education is the key.

Maybe then we'll have more lightbulb moments

Leon's point about Jesus is 100% right, for decades the film industry portrayed him as being white but isn't it 100% nailed on he was NOT white, assuming he existed in the first place.

The version of the world we have been shown has been perpetrated by the rich and powerful to keep us minions in place. It's the rich and powerful who designed the education system, a system that was denied to the working class for centuries because keeping us ignorant kept us malleable, controllable. It was the rich and powerful who taught us that black people were only good for one thing, slavery.

I sound more and more like a Communist every day

PS, Drizzy, a platittude is something that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful, do you see no interest in stopping all racism, is it not thoughtful to want to stop all discrimination?
True equality won't come from promoting one groups needs ahead of any other, it'll just create anger and intolerance.
When it comes to science, when we ask who invented "this" we should be taught the truthful answer, the real facts and that includes teaching that people (often rich white men) often took credit for or just plain stole someone else's invention.

The problem with history is that we are always rewriting it and one day we won't know what the real truth is.

This has to be seen on 15:28 - Jul 10 with 2218 viewsFireboy2

This has to be seen on 15:13 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Thing is Drizzy, not having heard of Laitmer isn't anyone's fault, apart from (will I get bored of saying this?) the rich and powerful?
Back in the day it wasn't done to give credit to non whites nor even women. How many had heard of Hazel Hill before today? I certainly hadn't.

White MEN certainly have a lot to answer for and if more people are to hear of the true history, to find out just how conniving and underhand humans have been to each other (usually in the pursuit of profit or at the behest of religious dogma) the education system needs to teach us. SO education is the key.

Leon's point about Jesus is 100% right, for decades the film industry portrayed him as being white but isn't it 100% nailed on he was NOT white, assuming he existed in the first place.

The version of the world we have been shown has been perpetrated by the rich and powerful to keep us minions in place. It's the rich and powerful who designed the education system, a system that was denied to the working class for centuries because keeping us ignorant kept us malleable, controllable. It was the rich and powerful who taught us that black people were only good for one thing, slavery.

PS, Drizzy, a platittude is something that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful, do you see no interest in stopping all racism, is it not thoughtful to want to stop all discrimination?
True equality won't come from promoting one groups needs ahead of any other, it'll just create anger and intolerance.
When it comes to science, when we ask who invented "this" we should be taught the truthful answer, the real facts and that includes teaching that people (often rich white men) often took credit for or just plain stole someone else's invention.

The problem with history is that we are always rewriting it and one day we won't know what the real truth is.

Best post for quite a while
No1 poster imo.
This has to be seen on 15:46 - Jul 10 with 2203 viewsHighjack

This has to be seen on 15:13 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Jesus could have been a Roman, that Naughtius Maximus put it around a bit.

This has to be seen on 16:04 - Jul 10 with 2186 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 15:46 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Jesus could have been a Roman, that Naughtius Maximus put it around a bit.

So did Biggus Dickus! Ok, Jesus could have been Roman but it's more likley he was Judean. I've had a look and the historical records suggest that, if he existed, he probably looked more like an Iraqi, that is dark haired with an Olive complexion, but not white.

This has to be seen on 16:07 - Jul 10 with 2185 viewsHighjack

This has to be seen on 16:04 - Jul 10 by Catullus

So did Biggus Dickus! Ok, Jesus could have been Roman but it's more likley he was Judean. I've had a look and the historical records suggest that, if he existed, he probably looked more like an Iraqi, that is dark haired with an Olive complexion, but not white.

It was probably a good thing he wasn’t white otherwise he’d have to add sunburn to his list of worries up there on the cross.

This has to be seen on 16:53 - Jul 10 with 2162 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 16:07 - Jul 10 by Highjack

It was probably a good thing he wasn’t white otherwise he’d have to add sunburn to his list of worries up there on the cross.

Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each....and they never even offered him a hat or suncream. Absolutely shockig disregard for safety,

His dad didn't help either, he could have made it cloudy!

This has to be seen on 17:18 - Jul 10 with 2140 viewsexiledclaseboy

This has to be seen on 13:14 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Got to be honest, Catts, having read your posts on this subject, you and Holding couldn't be further apart on the subject. He'd probably be greatly insulted by you claiming to be on his wavelength.

Poll: Tory leader

This has to be seen on 15:58 - Jul 11 with 1986 viewsCatullus

This has to be seen on 17:18 - Jul 10 by exiledclaseboy

Got to be honest, Catts, having read your posts on this subject, you and Holding couldn't be further apart on the subject. He'd probably be greatly insulted by you claiming to be on his wavelength.

I haven't claimed to be on his wavelength I just agree that education is the answer.

Who knows he might agree with me and might even be insulted that you feel qualified to judge what he would "probably" be insulted by. Maybe he'd think that was white privilige in action.

Who knows?

This has to be seen on 16:11 - Jul 11 with 1976 viewschad

This has to be seen on 14:41 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Absolutely. But Edison, Maxim et al had a massive penchant for taking all the credit for other people’s hard work. A lot of great inventors of the age have largely been lost to history.

American exceptionalism, Mr Swan predated both didn’t he?

Surely presenting Jesus as an immigrant was very multicultural. Although given she was the daughter of god we cannot be sure of her full cultural DNA
This has to be seen on 16:22 - Jul 11 with 1964 viewschad

This has to be seen on 15:58 - Jul 11 by Catullus

I haven't claimed to be on his wavelength I just agree that education is the answer.

Who knows he might agree with me and might even be insulted that you feel qualified to judge what he would "probably" be insulted by. Maybe he'd think that was white privilige in action.

Who knows?

Now now Cats, ECB’s white privilege is righteous, and like space, infinite
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024