Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe 17:57 - Aug 17 with 2808 viewsKGriz16

Multiple sites on Twitter (BBC, Ian Mitchelmore, Nixon etc.) have all stated we've made a cash offer for the Wigan winger. Happy days.

Links:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53811853

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-submit-b

Can't do the tweet thing, but Alan Nixon said we've made quite a low cash offer at the moment, but I'd assume that's testing the waters cause Wigan have worse ownership than us.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 17:58]
Jamal Lowe on 18:44 - Aug 17 with 2708 viewsangryjack

What's the point cooper not played with wingers since he been here played narrow and then had the full backs acting as our width later on
Jamal Lowe on 18:53 - Aug 17 with 2694 viewsnantywatcher

Jamal Lowe on 18:44 - Aug 17 by angryjack

What's the point cooper not played with wingers since he been here played narrow and then had the full backs acting as our width later on

Wow - you would have thought the powers that be would have thought about that before they bid - or even discussed it with the manager.
Jamal Lowe on 19:12 - Aug 17 with 2660 viewsKGriz16

Jamal Lowe on 18:44 - Aug 17 by angryjack

My thoughts were he's a replacement for either Brewster or Ayew. Perhaps Cooper sees him as more a forward than a winger?
Jamal Lowe on 19:30 - Aug 17 with 2622 viewsdobjack2

Jamal Lowe on 19:12 - Aug 17 by KGriz16

My thoughts were he's a replacement for either Brewster or Ayew. Perhaps Cooper sees him as more a forward than a winger?

It would worry the heck out of me if we thought he would replace either Brewster or Ayew’s goals this season. Would take a quick and dramatic change in his goalscoring.

Scored 15 the season before last for Portsmouth in division 1 otherwise no more 6 a season.
Jamal Lowe on 20:19 - Aug 17 with 2538 viewsKilkennyjack

Andre and Celina wider Each week was hard to watch.

Beware of the Risen People

Jamal Lowe on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 2450 viewsangryjack

Jamal Lowe on 18:53 - Aug 17 by nantywatcher

Wow - you would have thought the powers that be would have thought about that before they bid - or even discussed it with the manager.

Wow-the same powers that must have discussed bringing Peterson in last year as a winger then not playing with width
Jamal Lowe on 23:06 - Aug 17 with 2303 viewsTim_Harry

Jamal Lowe on 18:53 - Aug 17 by nantywatcher

I think AJ might have a decent point in fairness.

Ever since Laudrup left we've had a tendency to bring in players and managers with no thought of how they would complement each other.

My worry is that Cooper will go back to his system of playing with full backs and wingers occupying the same areas like they did for most of last season.
Jamal Lowe on 23:09 - Aug 17 with 2300 viewsAndyCole

Jamal Lowe on 21:06 - Aug 17 by angryjack

Wow-the same powers that must have discussed bringing Peterson in last year as a winger then not playing with width

Peterson is not simply a winger. He's a versatile forward who can play in many positions.

This all suggests we are looking for more varied options up top.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe on 12:15 - Aug 18 with 1988 viewshobo

500k bid been turned down. Another 250k should do the trick as that's what they still owe Pompey in transfer fees when they signed him last year
Jamal Lowe on 14:37 - Aug 18 with 1872 viewsCatullus

Maybe we should be looking at the squad and looking to replace what we finished the season with, strengthen it and carry on in the same vein. The 3-5-2 with wing backs worked but it looks like he's going back to where we were which was quite uninspiring a lot of the time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jamal Lowe on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 1866 viewsBadlands

Jamal Lowe on 14:37 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Maybe we should be looking at the squad and looking to replace what we finished the season with, strengthen it and carry on in the same vein. The 3-5-2 with wing backs worked but it looks like he's going back to where we were which was quite uninspiring a lot of the time.

That would mean keeping Ayew and replacing Brewster with similar.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024