Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronaldo 21:01 - Sep 8 with 1001 viewsbuilthjack

Just scored his 100th International goal. Fair play.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ronaldo on 21:10 - Sep 8 with 998 viewsSwanjaxs

GOAT 🐐

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ronaldo on 21:37 - Sep 8 with 975 viewsswancity

The greatest ever footballer and it’s not even debatable

And possibly at 35 could still be the worlds best

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ronaldo on 06:15 - Sep 9 with 927 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 21:37 - Sep 8 by swancity

The greatest ever footballer and it’s not even debatable

And possibly at 35 could still be the worlds best

It's certainly debatable.

Taking their time in La Liga, which favours Ronaldo as it takes away his less productive time at Man Utd and Juventus....

Messi - 476 appearances, 472 goals, 176 assists. (0.99 goals per game and 0.36 assists per game)

Ronaldo - 438 appearances, 450 goals, 119 assists.(1.03 goals per game and 0.27 assists per game)

If we take all of the above and look at direct goal contributions per game:-

Messi - 1.36 direct goal contributions per game

Ronaldo - 1.29 direct goal contributions per game

Messi has 6 Ballon D'Or awards, Ronaldo has 5.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ronaldo on 08:49 - Sep 9 with 904 viewsswancity

Ronaldo on 06:15 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

It's certainly debatable.

Taking their time in La Liga, which favours Ronaldo as it takes away his less productive time at Man Utd and Juventus....

Messi - 476 appearances, 472 goals, 176 assists. (0.99 goals per game and 0.36 assists per game)

Ronaldo - 438 appearances, 450 goals, 119 assists.(1.03 goals per game and 0.27 assists per game)

If we take all of the above and look at direct goal contributions per game:-

Messi - 1.36 direct goal contributions per game

Ronaldo - 1.29 direct goal contributions per game

Messi has 6 Ballon D'Or awards, Ronaldo has 5.

As you'll realise and appreciate, the use of stats only, is of limited use and will never show the full picture, as they don't here.

Barcelona have pretty much dominated Soanish football now for the last ten years or so with at least six La Liga titles. Despite that, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Messi, who is also one of the greatest ever players. I suppose if you look solely at stats then Pele would be considered to be the best ever footballer with something like 1,200 goals too.

But forget stats for a moment. Ronaldo is the complete all round talent. Powerful, athletic, strong, heading ability, a great finisher, creative, with incredible set piece and crossing delivery and oh yes he can tackle and track back. The man is a machine. And to be doing what's he's still doing at 35 defies belief.

Not forgetting his 100, yes 100 international goals but let's not rely on stats. That would be silly. 👍

Ronaldo on 09:24 - Sep 9 with 895 viewsCatullus

It's certainly debatatble but love him or loathe him, Ronaldo is a fantastic player. Taking the stats into account but then the following post too and remembering how Ronaldo has seemingly carried Portugal at times when Messi has pretty much failed with a very good Argentina squad, personally I'd give it to Ronaldo.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ronaldo on 09:50 - Sep 9 with 888 viewsJack11

Messi not even trying against Bayern was the clincher for me. Ronaldo has played in different positions and been a success in different countries too. He’s also won a major honour with his country as well.
Ronaldo on 09:55 - Sep 9 with 884 viewsCatullus

Ronaldo on 09:50 - Sep 9 by Jack11

Messi not even trying against Bayern was the clincher for me. Ronaldo has played in different positions and been a success in different countries too. He’s also won a major honour with his country as well.

I on't remember Ronaldo ever giving up. As I said, at times he seemed to carry Portugal and he does things most other wide players struggle with, like this goal against Wales, he's an extra centre forward too!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Ronaldo on 11:33 - Sep 9 with 865 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 08:49 - Sep 9 by swancity

As you'll realise and appreciate, the use of stats only, is of limited use and will never show the full picture, as they don't here.

Barcelona have pretty much dominated Soanish football now for the last ten years or so with at least six La Liga titles. Despite that, Ronaldo has scored more goals than Messi, who is also one of the greatest ever players. I suppose if you look solely at stats then Pele would be considered to be the best ever footballer with something like 1,200 goals too.

But forget stats for a moment. Ronaldo is the complete all round talent. Powerful, athletic, strong, heading ability, a great finisher, creative, with incredible set piece and crossing delivery and oh yes he can tackle and track back. The man is a machine. And to be doing what's he's still doing at 35 defies belief.

Not forgetting his 100, yes 100 international goals but let's not rely on stats. That would be silly. 👍

So you are saying Messi’s stats flatter him?

Not only does he have the goals and assists to back it up, he is the current holder of the best player in the world award and has won it more than anyone else.

To say someone else is better and it’s not even a debate is a bit silly.

Login to get fewer ads

Ronaldo on 12:41 - Sep 9 with 850 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ronaldo on 11:33 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

So you are saying Messi’s stats flatter him?

Not only does he have the goals and assists to back it up, he is the current holder of the best player in the world award and has won it more than anyone else.

To say someone else is better and it’s not even a debate is a bit silly.

In the fixed world of Soccer, awards are a very debatable way prove someone is better than someone else.

Regardless of that Ronaldo is a very fine speciman of a human male.
Rich, tall, handsome, talented, extremelly fit etc.

I hate him.
Ronaldo on 13:22 - Sep 9 with 838 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 12:41 - Sep 9 by A_Fans_Dad

In the fixed world of Soccer, awards are a very debatable way prove someone is better than someone else.

Regardless of that Ronaldo is a very fine speciman of a human male.
Rich, tall, handsome, talented, extremelly fit etc.

I hate him.

Best player of the year awards, career goals and assists records. They are very telling things in fairness.

I’m just making the point it’s clearly debatable.

Ronaldo on 13:51 - Sep 9 with 833 viewsswancity

Ronaldo on 13:22 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Best player of the year awards, career goals and assists records. They are very telling things in fairness.

I’m just making the point it’s clearly debatable.

Ok yes I’ll put you out of your misery and agree that you can debate it

It’s not debatable in my view though 😂

And of course Messi is right up there as one of the very best ever

As an all round footballer Ronaldo is way ahead. Debate end. 👍

Ronaldo on 15:10 - Sep 9 with 823 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 13:51 - Sep 9 by swancity

Ok yes I’ll put you out of your misery and agree that you can debate it

It’s not debatable in my view though 😂

And of course Messi is right up there as one of the very best ever

As an all round footballer Ronaldo is way ahead. Debate end. 👍

Then the footballing world disagrees with you it seems. Hence why Messi is the reigning Ballon D’Or winner and has most Ballon D’Or wins.

The footballing world says end of debate.

Ronaldo on 15:31 - Sep 9 with 808 viewsJack11

Ronaldo on 15:10 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Then the footballing world disagrees with you it seems. Hence why Messi is the reigning Ballon D’Or winner and has most Ballon D’Or wins.

The footballing world says end of debate.

On the contrary, 6 for Messi vs 5 for Ronaldo suggests the footballing world has been debating this for quite some time. Neither have retired either so the debate will go on and rightly so.
Ronaldo on 16:06 - Sep 9 with 798 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 15:31 - Sep 9 by Jack11

On the contrary, 6 for Messi vs 5 for Ronaldo suggests the footballing world has been debating this for quite some time. Neither have retired either so the debate will go on and rightly so.

Well yes, that’s my point entirely.

However if a debate is to be shut down, it will be shit down on the player that has most Ballon D’Ors and better career stats.

As I said, to say it’s not up for debate that Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time is utterly ludicrous.

Ronaldo on 18:24 - Sep 9 with 776 viewsswancity

Ronaldo on 16:06 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Well yes, that’s my point entirely.

However if a debate is to be shut down, it will be shit down on the player that has most Ballon D’Ors and better career stats.

As I said, to say it’s not up for debate that Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time is utterly ludicrous.

You on the other hand can carry on the debate until the cows come home 😂

Ronaldo on 22:11 - Sep 9 with 756 viewsCatullus

Has Messi won any international honours? Has he proved himself in top leagues in 3 different countries?

There's more to it than stats, and Messi doesn't win many headers

Ronaldo on 23:16 - Sep 9 with 739 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 18:24 - Sep 9 by swancity

You on the other hand can carry on the debate until the cows come home 😂

The world will carry on the debate, a debate that Messi comes out on top of far more than not.

You can stay on here shutting it down though.

Ronaldo on 23:23 - Sep 9 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ronaldo on 22:11 - Sep 9 by Catullus

Has Messi won any international honours? Has he proved himself in top leagues in 3 different countries?

There's more to it than stats, and Messi doesn't win many headers

Not in this case. We are discussing who is the best player in the world, there are awards for those kinds of things. Messi has won more than anyone in history.

I don’t buy the International honours debate, if it mattered then those in that Greek side from 2004 will be claiming they are better than an awful lot of footballers that their country has won nothing. Plenty of great players have had average international careers and plenty of average players have had great International careers.

Again by all means you can say in your opinion Ronaldo is better. But the majority of Ronaldo v Messi debates in footballing circles end up with Messi as the winner so it’s clearly debatable.

Ronaldo on 03:07 - Sep 10 with 717 viewsWanderer

Obviously a great player but Pele for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024