Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170448 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 1651 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:53 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

As there is for COVID-19.

Is there? Sorry I must have missed the signs letting us know to go and get our shots.

I saw the flu ones mind and went for those.

It's morning here, I'll pop out and get my COVID shot later. I agree then as there are COVID shots I don't agree with the preventative measures taken.

Oh hang on, THERE ARE NO COVID SHOTS

Groo does what Groo does best

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 1675 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:57 - Oct 4 by Groo

Is there? Sorry I must have missed the signs letting us know to go and get our shots.

I saw the flu ones mind and went for those.

It's morning here, I'll pop out and get my COVID shot later. I agree then as there are COVID shots I don't agree with the preventative measures taken.

Oh hang on, THERE ARE NO COVID SHOTS

Do you actually think that "COVID shots" are the only treatments?
Have you been brainwashed?
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:01 - Oct 4 with 1647 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:00 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you actually think that "COVID shots" are the only treatments?
Have you been brainwashed?

Oh you mean helping people to breath.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:06 - Oct 4 with 1634 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:59 - Oct 4 by Dr_Parnassus

And yet up to 650,000 people still die.

This is for US only.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-e

"This past flu season, although difficult, did not reach "epidemic threshold,” infectious disease expert Amesh A. Adalja, MD, senior scholar at the John's Hopkins Center for Health Security in Baltimore, told Health in February.

When Health interviewed Dr. Adalja, there were only 13 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in the US, according to the CDC. In a matter of weeks, COVID-19 reached pandemic status, sickening staggering numbers of people around the globe and spreading to every state in the US. More than 32 million people around the world have contracted COVID-19, and 977,000 have died, according to Johns Hopkins University's real-time tracker. In the US, nearly 7 million cases have been confirmed, and 202,000 people have died."

"Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, put it plainly: "The seasonal flu that we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1%,” he told the congressional panel, whereas coronavirus is "10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu," "

"Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. The higher number reflects the particularly harsh 2017-2018 flu season. Most years, the US death toll from the flu is closer to 34,000 to 43,000. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. "

So you picked the highest possible number which you may get for the worse year.

We are over 1 million COVID deaths and its not 1 year yet. We have no preventative shots yet, once there is preventative shots then situation will change, lockdowns will become unecessary, until then there is no option other than let even more die.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:07 - Oct 4 with 1654 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:24 - Oct 4 by Boundy

Its hard to believe that a long standing political system in one of the most consistent democracies in the world and Joe Biden is the best candidate that the Democratic party can offer to lead .

Well at least he ain't Trump.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 1648 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:07 - Oct 4 by DJack

No he is not a Trump, he would wreck the country inside of 12 months.
He is just a political animal who spent his working whole life rooking the tax payers out of their cash.
But you don't have to live there so couldn't give a toss about that.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 1643 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:20 - Oct 4 by A_Fans_Dad

No he is not a Trump, he would wreck the country inside of 12 months.
He is just a political animal who spent his working whole life rooking the tax payers out of their cash.
But you don't have to live there so couldn't give a toss about that.

Trump has already wrecked the country.

Biden is a Corporate animal and thus suits (Corporate) America.

You have absolutely no idea what I do and do not care about.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:02 - Oct 4 with 1636 viewsBoundy

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:07 - Oct 4 by DJack

Then your bar must be set really low

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:24 - Oct 4 with 1618 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:02 - Oct 4 by Boundy

Then your bar must be set really low

Good point but innacurate. He was the only candidate all arms of the Democratic Party felt could beat Trump and his base.

It's, to date, looking successful as Biden has been ahead in the polls for some time. Trump failed to rattle him in the "debate" - Trump wanted him to stutter on national TV and he failed to get it. Don't get me wrong Biden has a gaff or two in him and that will be seized upon. This is funny as when Trump gaffs it's either genius, a leftish conspiracy to make himm look bad, we've miscontrued what he said, or it was sarcasm. The mental gymnastics that Trumpists pull off is incredible.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:38 - Oct 4 with 1610 viewsDJack

Peak stupidity...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:43 - Oct 4 with 1605 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:38 - Oct 4 by DJack

Peak stupidity...

I got that wrong here is more...

Sean Patterson is not worried that Donald Trump has been hospitalized with coronavirus because he believes what the president tells him.

“It’s a hoax. There’s no pandemic. As Trump said, how many millions die of flu?” said the 56-year-old truck driver outside the early voting station in St Joseph, Missouri — a stronghold for the president.

But then Patterson pauses and contemplates the possibility that Trump really does have Covid-19.

“If he’s sick, then they planted it when they tested him. It’s what they did to me when I went to hospital for my heart beating too fast. Two weeks later I got a cold,” he said. “It’s political. I don’t trust the US government at all. Who are they to mandate personal safety? I listen to Trump.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/03/donald-trump-base-stays-loyal-pr

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:28 - Oct 4 with 1579 viewsKilkennyjack

You cant fool all of the people, all of the time ... 🇺🇸✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:32 - Oct 4 with 1576 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:28 - Oct 4 by Kilkennyjack

You cant fool all of the people, all of the time ... 🇺🇸✊🏾

You'd be surprised...

https://news.gallup.com/poll/321347/trump-pre-debate-job-approval-highest-may.as

Note it was pre-debate but still astonishing.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:33 - Oct 4 with 1563 viewsshingle

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:32 - Oct 4 by DJack

Saying that we do have a pretty good idea that you have no idea what your on about mind you.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:32 - Oct 4 with 1510 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:33 - Oct 4 by shingle

Saying that we do have a pretty good idea that you have no idea what your on about mind you.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:32 - Oct 4 with 1509 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:33 - Oct 4 by shingle

He sees the world with a different reality to us.
But that is OK, let him revel in his MSM inspired ignorance.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:24 - Oct 4 with 1463 viewsKilkennyjack

Selfish tw@@t, fair play ....

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:09 - Oct 5 with 1437 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:06 - Oct 4 by Groo

This is for US only.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-e

"This past flu season, although difficult, did not reach "epidemic threshold,” infectious disease expert Amesh A. Adalja, MD, senior scholar at the John's Hopkins Center for Health Security in Baltimore, told Health in February.

When Health interviewed Dr. Adalja, there were only 13 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in the US, according to the CDC. In a matter of weeks, COVID-19 reached pandemic status, sickening staggering numbers of people around the globe and spreading to every state in the US. More than 32 million people around the world have contracted COVID-19, and 977,000 have died, according to Johns Hopkins University's real-time tracker. In the US, nearly 7 million cases have been confirmed, and 202,000 people have died."

"Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, put it plainly: "The seasonal flu that we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1%,” he told the congressional panel, whereas coronavirus is "10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu," "

"Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. The higher number reflects the particularly harsh 2017-2018 flu season. Most years, the US death toll from the flu is closer to 34,000 to 43,000. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. "

So you picked the highest possible number which you may get for the worse year.

We are over 1 million COVID deaths and its not 1 year yet. We have no preventative shots yet, once there is preventative shots then situation will change, lockdowns will become unecessary, until then there is no option other than let even more die.

So what’s your cut off point? How many deaths from viruses are fine and how many aren’t?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 5 with 1436 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:32 - Oct 4 by DJack

Pre Covid the country was in the best shape it has been in for many of our living memories.

Oddly enough a global pandemic tends to put a country on a downward trend.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:31 - Oct 5 with 1413 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:09 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So what’s your cut off point? How many deaths from viruses are fine and how many aren’t?

?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:48 - Oct 5 with 1419 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:31 - Oct 5 by Groo

?

Well you seem to be saying a certain amount of deaths is acceptable.

We have a really rubbish flu jab but still tens of thousands die per year in the UK from flu or flu related respiratory illness.

You seem to think their deaths are acceptable yet their deaths from another virus isn’t.

I’m trying to tap into your logic to try and determine why you are thinking some are fine and others aren’t.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:01 - Oct 5 with 1413 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Pre Covid the country was in the best shape it has been in for many of our living memories.

Oddly enough a global pandemic tends to put a country on a downward trend.

THe last President with a fiscal Surplus was Clinton.

The Republicans screech for fiscal responsibility until thry get into power and then they spend like drunken sailors on shore leave. The country was doing well on the back of Obamas work after he inherited a mess from Dubya.

But you go ahead and re-write history as I'm sure that a few fools will fall for it.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:01 - Oct 5 with 1411 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:24 - Oct 4 by Kilkennyjack

Selfish tw@@t, fair play ....

I thought masks work? Right?...

What’s the problem?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 1:02]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:02 - Oct 5 with 1388 viewsDJack

An attending physician at Walter Reed harshly criticized Trump's movement as a risk to the lives of Secret Service agents who accompanied him in his SUV.

"Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," Dr. James Phillips tweeted.
"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play," Phillips tweeted.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-alternate-r

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:24 - Oct 5 with 1385 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:02 - Oct 5 by DJack

An attending physician at Walter Reed harshly criticized Trump's movement as a risk to the lives of Secret Service agents who accompanied him in his SUV.

"Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," Dr. James Phillips tweeted.
"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play," Phillips tweeted.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-alternate-r

He wore a mask. Masks work don’t they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024