Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170484 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:33 - Oct 5 with 1191 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:24 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He wore a mask. Masks work don’t they?

So does scuba gear but you can still drown.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:41 - Oct 5 with 1187 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:33 - Oct 5 by DJack

So does scuba gear but you can still drown.

If your tank runs out of air yes.

Masks don’t have a feature that supplies its own oxygen.

So you are saying masks don’t work after all?

Isn’t it funny that a liberal doctor going on a liberal news channel are happy to turn liberal narratives on their head if there is a political point to be scored against the President.

Highly amusing.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:46 - Oct 5 with 1179 viewsDJack

Biden leads Trump by 14 points as three quarters of Americans say the president could have avoided coronavirus, new polls show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8803313/POLL-Biden-leads-10-points-majo

Trump 14 points behind Biden a month before election, new poll shows

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8803313/POLL-Biden-leads-10-points-majo

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 5 with 1178 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:46 - Oct 5 by DJack

Biden leads Trump by 14 points as three quarters of Americans say the president could have avoided coronavirus, new polls show

Trump 14 points behind Biden a month before election, new poll shows

if in doubt, change the topic.

“Hillary leads Trump by 14 points according to latest polls”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/time.com/4546942/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-le

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 2:49]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:54 - Oct 5 with 1169 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:41 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

If your tank runs out of air yes.

Masks don’t have a feature that supplies its own oxygen.

So you are saying masks don’t work after all?

Isn’t it funny that a liberal doctor going on a liberal news channel are happy to turn liberal narratives on their head if there is a political point to be scored against the President.

Highly amusing.

No and you know that mr disengenous. Even with all parties wearing masks there is not 100% protection. Trump is endagering his security detail for a photo opportunity.

As for the rest of your guff, it's just guff and not amusing.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:57 - Oct 5 with 1166 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

if in doubt, change the topic.

“Hillary leads Trump by 14 points according to latest polls”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/time.com/4546942/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-le

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 2:49]

This time Cambrige Analytica are not going to be convincing black people not to vote in marginal states.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/09/28/trump-election-campaign-voter-supp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingt

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:58 - Oct 5 with 1166 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:54 - Oct 5 by DJack

No and you know that mr disengenous. Even with all parties wearing masks there is not 100% protection. Trump is endagering his security detail for a photo opportunity.

As for the rest of your guff, it's just guff and not amusing.

He is the President, he has presidential duties.

Not being assassinated is not 100% but doesn’t mean you have to stop being the President and doing Presidential duties. He wore a mask as did everyone else, they either have a high degree of effectiveness or they don’t. Make your mind up.

Got to love liberal tears 😭

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:02 - Oct 5 with 1163 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:57 - Oct 5 by DJack

This time Cambrige Analytica are not going to be convincing black people not to vote in marginal states.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/09/28/trump-election-campaign-voter-supp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingt

Black people? That’s a pretty racist thing to say in order to mirror the shameless MSM who tried to make a political point a racial point when they first broke the story - and failed miserably. Get with the programme Djack, you are weeks behind with your learning.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven’t looked into it and didn’t realise that it entailed tailored Facebook ads to mostly white people and not in any way based on race. I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just intending to throw out any sort of a point than realise what you were actually saying is that ‘black people are gullible with no ability to think for themselves’.

I saw an ad on Twitter the other day to watch Frozen. It didn’t make me watch Frozen.

What you are describing is perfectly legal campaigning. Reaching out to the public and trying to convince them that your party is better than the other.

Dry your eyes and stop trying to sensationalise every single situation to be racist. It’s embarrassing.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 3:04]

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:06 - Oct 5 with 1160 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:58 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He is the President, he has presidential duties.

Not being assassinated is not 100% but doesn’t mean you have to stop being the President and doing Presidential duties. He wore a mask as did everyone else, they either have a high degree of effectiveness or they don’t. Make your mind up.

Got to love liberal tears 😭

That was in no way a Presidential duty to drive out to see a handful of supporters...he saw more at his superspreader event.

With everyone wearing a mask there is a high degree pf protection but it is just that, a high degree.

As to "up in three days"... he's having the best of care, you know care that he doesn't want 20million Americans to have, hence he wants to repeal ACA. Plus, you are also forgetting that many Covid sufferers get really bad after 7-10 days.

You also forgot that Trump said the disease will just disappear one day, just like that...Ooops.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:10 - Oct 5 with 1158 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:06 - Oct 5 by DJack

That was in no way a Presidential duty to drive out to see a handful of supporters...he saw more at his superspreader event.

With everyone wearing a mask there is a high degree pf protection but it is just that, a high degree.

As to "up in three days"... he's having the best of care, you know care that he doesn't want 20million Americans to have, hence he wants to repeal ACA. Plus, you are also forgetting that many Covid sufferers get really bad after 7-10 days.

You also forgot that Trump said the disease will just disappear one day, just like that...Ooops.

Of course it is his Presidential duty. He is a President in the middle of an election campaign. The MSM is currently spreading intentional confusion over his physical well-being in order to try and sway an election and create instability in the country. This very clear show of him being well will have gone down very well with his supporters and keeps a semblance of integrity in the voting system.

Keep trying. You may hit on a valid point soon.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:14 - Oct 5 with 1155 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:10 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it is his Presidential duty. He is a President in the middle of an election campaign. The MSM is currently spreading intentional confusion over his physical well-being in order to try and sway an election and create instability in the country. This very clear show of him being well will have gone down very well with his supporters and keeps a semblance of integrity in the voting system.

Keep trying. You may hit on a valid point soon.

You appear to have missed these points...

"As to "up in three days"... he's having the best of care, you know care that he doesn't want 20million Americans to have, hence he wants to repeal ACA. Plus, you are also forgetting that many Covid sufferers get really bad after 7-10 days.

You also forgot that Trump said the disease will just disappear one day, just like that...Ooops."

I'll read your reply tomorrow.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:24 - Oct 5 with 1154 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:14 - Oct 5 by DJack

You appear to have missed these points...

"As to "up in three days"... he's having the best of care, you know care that he doesn't want 20million Americans to have, hence he wants to repeal ACA. Plus, you are also forgetting that many Covid sufferers get really bad after 7-10 days.

You also forgot that Trump said the disease will just disappear one day, just like that...Ooops."

I'll read your reply tomorrow.

I didn’t miss them, I read them and didn’t feel it needed a reply, they are the most obvious counters in the whole thread. But if you insist...

1) Of course he is getting the best treatment, he is the President. He would get the best treatment on any ailment from a stubbed toe to a gunshot wound.

2) Obamacare has been one of the biggest failures in modern American political history. If you knew the first thing about it then you wouldn’t have even mentioned it.

Come on Djack. You can do better than this I’m sure. Hey, one day you may even reply to a single one of my points

Take the night to think about it. See you tomorrow.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 3:27]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:40 - Oct 5 with 1142 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:48 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Well you seem to be saying a certain amount of deaths is acceptable.

We have a really rubbish flu jab but still tens of thousands die per year in the UK from flu or flu related respiratory illness.

You seem to think their deaths are acceptable yet their deaths from another virus isn’t.

I’m trying to tap into your logic to try and determine why you are thinking some are fine and others aren’t.

You've got your head so far up your back end your hearing your own echoes.

So to get it straight, I never said anything about any death being acceptable, thats all in your imagination.

What I actually said is, for flu there is an innoculation which offers protection. You are correct, it is not perfect, but it does reduce the risk.

For COVID, there is no innoculation and once you have it there is no universally agreed cure, just treatment to help people to breathe until they can breathe themselves which doesn't always work.

As an example, flu kills on average (not the maximum known for a year, but anual average) about 24-34,000 people in America. That's a year. There are worse years where they get the innoculation wrong.

Currently in America, the deaths from COVID are 210,000 and there's still 3 months left. And this is with "draconian" rules such as social distancing, wearing masks, sanitising. Who knows what the death toll would be if they decided life was not an issue and go for heard immunity.

Its not known if COVID will be a continuous yearly thing yet, it may be, but once innoculations are available then the risk will drop.

Currently you cannot compare flu to COVID.

Groo does what Groo does best

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:11 - Oct 5 with 1136 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 04:40 - Oct 5 by Groo

You've got your head so far up your back end your hearing your own echoes.

So to get it straight, I never said anything about any death being acceptable, thats all in your imagination.

What I actually said is, for flu there is an innoculation which offers protection. You are correct, it is not perfect, but it does reduce the risk.

For COVID, there is no innoculation and once you have it there is no universally agreed cure, just treatment to help people to breathe until they can breathe themselves which doesn't always work.

As an example, flu kills on average (not the maximum known for a year, but anual average) about 24-34,000 people in America. That's a year. There are worse years where they get the innoculation wrong.

Currently in America, the deaths from COVID are 210,000 and there's still 3 months left. And this is with "draconian" rules such as social distancing, wearing masks, sanitising. Who knows what the death toll would be if they decided life was not an issue and go for heard immunity.

Its not known if COVID will be a continuous yearly thing yet, it may be, but once innoculations are available then the risk will drop.

Currently you cannot compare flu to COVID.

That’s the argument being made surely? Locking down due to deaths from a virus, yes?

Otherwise what point is it that you are making exactly?

You have absolutely no idea how many Covid deaths there are, if you think there are ACTUALLY 200,000+ then you are living in dreamland.

Covid deaths and deaths where Covid was present are not the same thing. Not even close to it in fact. You do realise how they have been counting Covid deaths I presume yes?

So again my question is how many deaths from a virus are acceptable to not lock down? If your answer is none then we really should be in a permanent state of lockdown and should have been for the last however many hundreds of years.

Covid CAN be compared to the flu. They are viruses, spread in similar ways and is potentially lethal to the vulnerable in society, for the majority of people (99.5%+ of the population) you will be ok with contracting either.

Not really sure what the discussion is here. We lockdown due to virus deaths or we don’t.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:19 - Oct 5 with 1125 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:24 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He wore a mask. Masks work don’t they?

Masks reduce the risk, doesn't eliminate it.

But of course you know that.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:22 - Oct 5 with 1123 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:11 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s the argument being made surely? Locking down due to deaths from a virus, yes?

You have absolutely no idea how many Covid deaths there are, if you think there are ACTUALLY 200,000+ then you are living in dreamland.

Covid deaths and deaths where Covid was present are not the same thing. Not even close to it in fact. You do realise how they have been counting Covid deaths I presume yes?

So again my question is how many deaths from a virus are acceptable to not lock down? If your answer is none then we really should be in a permanent state of lockdown and should have been for the last however many hundreds of years.

Covid CAN be compared to the flu. They are viruses, spread in similar ways and is potentially lethal to the vulnerable in society, for the majority of people (99.5%+ of the population) you will be ok with contracting either.

Not really sure what the discussion is here. We lockdown due to virus deaths or we don’t.

Flu: Immunisation shots.

COVID: Nothing.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:28 - Oct 5 with 1117 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:22 - Oct 5 by Groo

“For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”

This is the quote that started right wing conspirocy theorists to claim the death rate is lower.

"Indeed, this 6 percent stat has become a rallying cry of sorts for conspiracy theorists and far-right defenders of President Donald Trump. This is especially true in the conservative echo chambers of social media. The point of these posts is to cast doubt on the public health, medical and scientific communities, claiming they are purposefully overstating the impact of the coronavirus in the U.S., probably to hurt Trump.

The truth is that in 6 percent of the deaths, Covid-19 was the only cause of death listed and in the remaining 94 percent, people had at least one additional factor contributing to their deaths. Stated another way, the majority of Americans who died from Covid-19 had another medical condition on top of the coronavirus at the time of their death. Many patients died in the hospital, often intubated, on mechanical ventilation and with multiple organ failure due to the invasive nature of the virus; the red spikes on the surface of the virus wreaking havoc by tearing into the body at a cellular level. "

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:41 - Oct 5 with 1115 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:11 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

"Not really sure what the discussion is here. We lockdown due to virus deaths or we don’t."

Your either acting dumb or its not an act.

You lockdown for virus's where you have no prevantative treatment and is highly contagious. Its described as a pendemic, do you need assistance with the meaning of the word.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:08 - Oct 5 with 1096 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:41 - Oct 5 by Groo

"Not really sure what the discussion is here. We lockdown due to virus deaths or we don’t."

Your either acting dumb or its not an act.

You lockdown for virus's where you have no prevantative treatment and is highly contagious. Its described as a pendemic, do you need assistance with the meaning of the word.

It’s most certainly not an act, I am showing how contradictory your view is.

Many viruses are highly contagious. Again, we have “some” measures for the flu, none that are really that effective. Tens of thousands still die each year and hundreds of thousands globally.

So again, what is your acceptable level of deaths to avoid such things as lockdown?

Let’s say for example we get a semi effective treatment for COVID which takes deaths from 50,000 to 40,000... do you still advocate lockdown?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:24 - Oct 5 with 1086 viewsDr_Parnassus

Leftist media in overdrive today attempting to push doubt and conspiracy into the nation. It’s so transparent now it’s embarrassing.

Stay inside so we can sow doubt and try and destabilise your platform or prove you aren’t that sick and we can write about how irresponsible you are.

Anyone that doesn’t think that public showing was absolutely necessary really hasn’t been paying attention.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:24 - Oct 5 with 1075 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:24 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Leftist media in overdrive today attempting to push doubt and conspiracy into the nation. It’s so transparent now it’s embarrassing.

Stay inside so we can sow doubt and try and destabilise your platform or prove you aren’t that sick and we can write about how irresponsible you are.

Anyone that doesn’t think that public showing was absolutely necessary really hasn’t been paying attention.

Its over.

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:12 - Oct 5 with 1060 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:24 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its over.

Aye course it is

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:34 - Oct 5 with 1010 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:01 - Oct 5 by DJack

THe last President with a fiscal Surplus was Clinton.

The Republicans screech for fiscal responsibility until thry get into power and then they spend like drunken sailors on shore leave. The country was doing well on the back of Obamas work after he inherited a mess from Dubya.

But you go ahead and re-write history as I'm sure that a few fools will fall for it.

Remind us again what the national debt did under Obama.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:48 - Oct 5 with 996 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:02 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Black people? That’s a pretty racist thing to say in order to mirror the shameless MSM who tried to make a political point a racial point when they first broke the story - and failed miserably. Get with the programme Djack, you are weeks behind with your learning.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven’t looked into it and didn’t realise that it entailed tailored Facebook ads to mostly white people and not in any way based on race. I will also give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just intending to throw out any sort of a point than realise what you were actually saying is that ‘black people are gullible with no ability to think for themselves’.

I saw an ad on Twitter the other day to watch Frozen. It didn’t make me watch Frozen.

What you are describing is perfectly legal campaigning. Reaching out to the public and trying to convince them that your party is better than the other.

Dry your eyes and stop trying to sensationalise every single situation to be racist. It’s embarrassing.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 3:04]

A verbiage of guff to let me know that you have nothing solid to counter the content of the articles. Well done...I think?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:49 - Oct 5 with 996 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:22 - Oct 5 by Groo

I suggest that you research what happened to Flu deaths and many other infectious deseases in Australia when they locked down for COVID-19.
It actually made a very good case for locking down for all infectious deseases.
However it is totally impractical, but elements of it are certainly worth looking in to.
You keep saying that there is nothing to reduce COVID-19 deaths, I have lost count of the number of times that you have repeated it.
I suggest that you go and tell all those countries with mortailty rates 1/10 of those in the UK.
Because they are obviously doing something wrong and should have many more deaths than they have had.
Perhaps you think they did it by wishful thinking?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024