Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 169359 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:53 - Oct 5 with 1299 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:24 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t miss them, I read them and didn’t feel it needed a reply, they are the most obvious counters in the whole thread. But if you insist...

1) Of course he is getting the best treatment, he is the President. He would get the best treatment on any ailment from a stubbed toe to a gunshot wound.

2) Obamacare has been one of the biggest failures in modern American political history. If you knew the first thing about it then you wouldn’t have even mentioned it.

Come on Djack. You can do better than this I’m sure. Hey, one day you may even reply to a single one of my points

Take the night to think about it. See you tomorrow.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 3:27]

I'm not in ANY way suggesting that he does not get the best care I'm pointing out that he is trying to stop 20 million Americans receiving care

As for point 2 just because you say something is so it does not make it it true. In point of fact if it was so bad it would have been repealed by now but a few Republicans voted against the move as they know it's value.

The problems for ACA stem from rapacious corporations - pharma and insurance...like this guy for example

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/12/03/what-martin-shkreli-says-now-

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:57 - Oct 5 with 1295 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:24 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its over.

Kilks, it's not over yet. The Republicans are saving some dirt for closer to the election. Their governors and their attorney generals (including those AG's in Dems States) will frustrate voting/voters in democratic areas as they have always done. I hope that Bidens team also have plans and ammo.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:59 - Oct 5 with 1294 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:53 - Oct 5 by DJack

I'm not in ANY way suggesting that he does not get the best care I'm pointing out that he is trying to stop 20 million Americans receiving care

As for point 2 just because you say something is so it does not make it it true. In point of fact if it was so bad it would have been repealed by now but a few Republicans voted against the move as they know it's value.

The problems for ACA stem from rapacious corporations - pharma and insurance...like this guy for example

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/12/03/what-martin-shkreli-says-now-

You categorically that the President of the USA is trying to stop 20 Million Americans from receiving care.
Do you know what the Republican care plan entails?
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:01 - Oct 5 with 1291 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:24 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Its over.

This is another reason to worry as any issues with voting will be called voter fraud/ voting irregularities and no mention will be made of this willful partisan act.

https://time.com/5893881/exclusive-as-states-prepared-mail-in-ballots-postal-ser

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:07 - Oct 5 with 1288 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:59 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

You categorically that the President of the USA is trying to stop 20 Million Americans from receiving care.
Do you know what the Republican care plan entails?

Is that the one where the Senator was carrying around a ream of blank paper to make it look like they had a plan...

Begon Mr Breibart.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:08 - Oct 5 with 1288 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:14 - Oct 5 by DJack

You appear to have missed these points...

"As to "up in three days"... he's having the best of care, you know care that he doesn't want 20million Americans to have, hence he wants to repeal ACA. Plus, you are also forgetting that many Covid sufferers get really bad after 7-10 days.

You also forgot that Trump said the disease will just disappear one day, just like that...Ooops."

I'll read your reply tomorrow.

On the best advice of medical science that is exactly what most Virus epidemics do, just disappear one day.
It does not however mean that they don't come back like the flu every winter.
Like SARS & MERS.
Perhaps he made the stupid mistake of listening to Dr Fauci.

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-says-coronavirus-may-disappear-like-sars-spreads-

In fact he has made that mistake a few times now, Fauci does not have the best interest of americans in his heart.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:16 - Oct 5 with 1285 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:08 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

On the best advice of medical science that is exactly what most Virus epidemics do, just disappear one day.
It does not however mean that they don't come back like the flu every winter.
Like SARS & MERS.
Perhaps he made the stupid mistake of listening to Dr Fauci.

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-says-coronavirus-may-disappear-like-sars-spreads-

In fact he has made that mistake a few times now, Fauci does not have the best interest of americans in his heart.

This is actually what he said and not what you think he said.

""What I certainly would like to see is what happened with SARS," Fauci said, addressing how the coronavirus pandemic may finally come to an end. "When public health measures essentially suppressed it, it disappeared and never came back."

However, Fauci warned that this strain of coronavirus was different than SARS.

"Even though it's the same category of a coronavirus, it spreads too efficiently," Fauci said."

So you are talking cack.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:24 - Oct 5 with 1281 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:16 - Oct 5 by DJack

This is actually what he said and not what you think he said.

""What I certainly would like to see is what happened with SARS," Fauci said, addressing how the coronavirus pandemic may finally come to an end. "When public health measures essentially suppressed it, it disappeared and never came back."

However, Fauci warned that this strain of coronavirus was different than SARS.

"Even though it's the same category of a coronavirus, it spreads too efficiently," Fauci said."

So you are talking cack.

So the 1918 Spanish flu didn't "just disappear" then, it certainly wasn't depressed?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 12:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:31 - Oct 5 with 1275 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:24 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

So the 1918 Spanish flu didn't "just disappear" then, it certainly wasn't depressed?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 12:25]

I don't know what happened at the end but if you want to use it as areference point then this me be of note

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/03/17/spanish-flu-lessons-coronaviru

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:34 - Oct 5 with 1271 viewsDJack

This may offer a clue but I suspect that you are already aware

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-19

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:47 - Oct 5 with 1266 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:34 - Oct 5 by DJack

This may offer a clue but I suspect that you are already aware

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-19

Your comment on the 1918 flu in the USA is also nothing new, it goes back to Leprosy and the Black Death.
But proper Isolation and Quarantine are no longer used for anything other than Ebola.

So why didn't it come back the following year?
Could it be that the use of Vaccines keeps the flu coming back each year?
Why would some strains disappear all together, while others do not?
Could it be the more lethal the flu is the less likely it is re-appear?
This virus has all the worst elements of previous viruses without the lethality of SARS & MERS.
It is perfect for human infection.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:55 - Oct 5 with 1258 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:47 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Your comment on the 1918 flu in the USA is also nothing new, it goes back to Leprosy and the Black Death.
But proper Isolation and Quarantine are no longer used for anything other than Ebola.

This virus has all the worst elements of previous viruses without the lethality of SARS & MERS.

They die out (become so much less virulent that are no longer a viable host), reduce in population and their viral load is not sufficient to cause a shreading event, phages and many more possibilities that I'm not aware of.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:09 - Oct 5 with 1252 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:53 - Oct 5 by DJack

He isn’t trying to stop anyone getting care, that sounds like a fundamental lack of understanding of the care act or indeed the impact of it being repealed.

Not for the first time, there is a long long long line of you commenting on things you clearly have no understanding of. There has been about 6 topics in the last page and that’s just the start.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:13 - Oct 5 with 1250 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:09 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He isn’t trying to stop anyone getting care, that sounds like a fundamental lack of understanding of the care act or indeed the impact of it being repealed.

Not for the first time, there is a long long long line of you commenting on things you clearly have no understanding of. There has been about 6 topics in the last page and that’s just the start.

You have refuted nothing. At the bare minimum the various mooted Republican replacements for ACA will leave 15million Americans without cover and some plans would see the 20 Million under ACA to lose out.

You are throwing out a lot of claims with no evidence but just your own opinion. FAIL

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:20 - Oct 5 with 1246 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:48 - Oct 5 by DJack

A verbiage of guff to let me know that you have nothing solid to counter the content of the articles. Well done...I think?

Does that mean you didn’t understand my reply?

Or didn’t understand the media piece you were repeating?

Or more likely both.

I will break it down for you into manageable pieces as you clearly didn’t understand what you were saying which is why you couldn’t understand my reply....

During a campaign your job is to reach the public (usually in areas you lack continuous support) and show them why your party is better than the other, or why the other is not good for that group or the country as a whole.

In the social media age this can be delivered through tailored ads which is what they did with Cambridge Analytica. The media, as they do, tagged into it and changed the narrative from 20m+ targeted for online campaigning, focussed on the black portion of 3.5m and went with the headline “Trump suppressed 3.5m black votes”.

Gullible headline readers like yourself and prof then take that as some racially motivated oppression and run with it (that’s what it was designed for, for people like yourselves).

But taking that and running with it, you are essentially saying that 3.5m black people who clearly can’t think for themselves all clearly got brainwashed by a Facebook ad which then won the election for Trump. Often people turn into inadvertent racists when they try and speak for black people in order to make cheap political points.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 13:23]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:24 - Oct 5 with 1196 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:47 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

If it was the vaccines bringing flu back, why aren't us who have the vaccine every year ALL getting the flu?

Your last line may be food for thought. Mother nature is responsible for these viruses. Like I suggested earlier on in some covid related thread, is mother nature searching for a way to get rid of humans? Has mother nature decided that humans are the problem?

You don't seem to believe that humanity is responsible for so many of the planets ills, that they are all natural. Well this virus is natural and it has components of other viruses, maybe the worst is yet to come? Is mother nature trying to create a virus that spreads so quickly and easily that most of us get it before we realise, a virus that has high morbidity?

Tinfoil hat wearers speak up!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:21 - Oct 5 with 1179 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:24 - Oct 5 by Catullus

If it was the vaccines bringing flu back, why aren't us who have the vaccine every year ALL getting the flu?

Your last line may be food for thought. Mother nature is responsible for these viruses. Like I suggested earlier on in some covid related thread, is mother nature searching for a way to get rid of humans? Has mother nature decided that humans are the problem?

You don't seem to believe that humanity is responsible for so many of the planets ills, that they are all natural. Well this virus is natural and it has components of other viruses, maybe the worst is yet to come? Is mother nature trying to create a virus that spreads so quickly and easily that most of us get it before we realise, a virus that has high morbidity?

Tinfoil hat wearers speak up!

You think that it is natural.
I think that this gentleman describes why it is not.
Note the date of the hubris filled talk this guy gave.

If you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing at least watch the last 10 to 15 minutes.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:30 - Oct 5 with 1101 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:21 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

You think that it is natural.
I think that this gentleman describes why it is not.
Note the date of the hubris filled talk this guy gave.

If you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing at least watch the last 10 to 15 minutes.

I can't be bothered to watch any of it, unless he is saying the virus WAS made and released from his lab in Wuhan?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02473-4

If he is admitting to making and releasing it (even by accident) that is a different thing.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:23 - Oct 5 with 1079 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:20 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Does that mean you didn’t understand my reply?

Or didn’t understand the media piece you were repeating?

Or more likely both.

I will break it down for you into manageable pieces as you clearly didn’t understand what you were saying which is why you couldn’t understand my reply....

During a campaign your job is to reach the public (usually in areas you lack continuous support) and show them why your party is better than the other, or why the other is not good for that group or the country as a whole.

In the social media age this can be delivered through tailored ads which is what they did with Cambridge Analytica. The media, as they do, tagged into it and changed the narrative from 20m+ targeted for online campaigning, focussed on the black portion of 3.5m and went with the headline “Trump suppressed 3.5m black votes”.

Gullible headline readers like yourself and prof then take that as some racially motivated oppression and run with it (that’s what it was designed for, for people like yourselves).

But taking that and running with it, you are essentially saying that 3.5m black people who clearly can’t think for themselves all clearly got brainwashed by a Facebook ad which then won the election for Trump. Often people turn into inadvertent racists when they try and speak for black people in order to make cheap political points.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 13:23]

I know how it works , from robo calling to targeted ads and demographic profiling. As for gullible and facebook look at how many on here post DarrenfromPlymouth twitter posts or pieces from obvious bots.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:35 - Oct 5 with 1069 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:23 - Oct 5 by DJack

I know how it works , from robo calling to targeted ads and demographic profiling. As for gullible and facebook look at how many on here post DarrenfromPlymouth twitter posts or pieces from obvious bots.

So you knew it wasn’t race driven, yet you still isolated the black portion.

That was either using race to dishonestly try and score a point... or you really didn’t understand the headline you were repeating.

I will still give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it was the latter.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 6 with 1056 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:35 - Oct 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So you knew it wasn’t race driven, yet you still isolated the black portion.

That was either using race to dishonestly try and score a point... or you really didn’t understand the headline you were repeating.

I will still give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it was the latter.

It's quite amusing watching you trying to shape the narrative, particularly when you frame it as a binary double negative choice. I really don't give a rats arse how you try and portray me, I'll just posts facts for others to make up their own minds. Don't get me wrong there will be a few dull dingbats who fall for your rubbish but I am never going to open their eyes so I don't care.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:18 - Oct 6 with 1055 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:13 - Oct 6 by DJack

It's quite amusing watching you trying to shape the narrative, particularly when you frame it as a binary double negative choice. I really don't give a rats arse how you try and portray me, I'll just posts facts for others to make up their own minds. Don't get me wrong there will be a few dull dingbats who fall for your rubbish but I am never going to open their eyes so I don't care.

You think I am the one framing the narrative?

There are two negatives because there has never and will never be a positive reason to use race dishonestly and promote underhand racism in order to try and score a cheap and inaccurate political point.

So you will have to decide whether you are the type of person that happily used a race of people dishonestly for your own perceived gain, or you did as Prof did and repeated a headline from a dishonest story without understanding it. There really is no other option than those two.

You really need to understand what you are reading, you really do.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:33 - Oct 6 with 1052 viewsDJack

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-pres

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:39 - Oct 6 with 1050 viewsDJack

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/05/investing/trump-regeneron/index.html

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:47 - Oct 6 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

If all else fails, change the subject with even more links to unrelated frustrated nonsense pieces from CNN and Vanity Fair.

Nice one.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 1:05]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024