Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170191 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:18 - Oct 22 with 1081 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:05 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

No laughing needed, no points stand or fall due to the election results. Corruption is corruption.

Susan Collins is concerned...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:45 - Oct 22 with 1063 viewsFireboy2

I cant wait to wake up in the morning to see how much time and effort that the doc whoever he may be puts in to make himself feel better that anyone else.

I tune in periodically just to make me realise how good my life is (picture of a happy man in a hammock, sipping an alcoholic drink)
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:29 - Oct 23 with 1049 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:45 - Oct 22 by Fireboy2

I cant wait to wake up in the morning to see how much time and effort that the doc whoever he may be puts in to make himself feel better that anyone else.

I tune in periodically just to make me realise how good my life is (picture of a happy man in a hammock, sipping an alcoholic drink)

The lady doth protest too much.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:35 - Oct 23 with 1040 viewsHighjack

Bobulinski is obviously a Russian name. They aren’t even hiding it anymore.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:39 - Oct 23 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:35 - Oct 23 by Highjack

Bobulinski is obviously a Russian name. They aren’t even hiding it anymore.

you just know someone is going to say it don’t you.

But yeah some interesting bits flying around today.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:47 - Oct 23 with 1030 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cat out of the bag.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:49 - Oct 23 with 1028 viewsDr_Parnassus

🧨 🧨 🧨 🧨

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:58 - Oct 23 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:25 - Oct 23 with 1017 viewsDr_Parnassus

First bomb dropped by Trump

“We have to learn to live with the virus. We can’t all hide in our basements like Joe. People can’t afford to, it’s okay for Joe, he must be getting his money from somewhere...”

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:33 - Oct 23 with 1010 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wow, Trump going for the jugular with the corruption.

“Your family took $3.5m from Russia. I know all about the emails and what has come out this morning and I think you owe America an explanation Joe, would you like to do that now?...”

Biden: Goes on to talk about Trumps taxes...
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 2:34]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:39 - Oct 23 with 1005 viewsDr_Parnassus

I must say, Welker is doing very well as moderator thus far.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:11 - Oct 23 with 998 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Who built the cages Joe?”...

Biden fails to respond.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:35 - Oct 23 with 991 viewsDr_Parnassus

Excellent showing from the President.

The market moved 8% towards him throughout the debate which says more than any snap debate poll that no doubt will, as usual, say the opposite.

Biden really struggled on the Hunter emails and on fracking. He really flagged after an hour, glancing at his watch and stumbling over his words. Absolutely shot himself at the end when he said he was going to get rid of the oil industry, Texas, Oklahoma and other key states won’t like the sound of that at all.

Trump made sure people heard that.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:02 - Oct 23 with 950 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 03:35 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Excellent showing from the President.

The market moved 8% towards him throughout the debate which says more than any snap debate poll that no doubt will, as usual, say the opposite.

Biden really struggled on the Hunter emails and on fracking. He really flagged after an hour, glancing at his watch and stumbling over his words. Absolutely shot himself at the end when he said he was going to get rid of the oil industry, Texas, Oklahoma and other key states won’t like the sound of that at all.

Trump made sure people heard that.

Trump lost.

Its all over.

Landslide for Sleepy Joe ... 😂🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 908 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:02 - Oct 23 by Kilkennyjack

Trump lost.

Its all over.

Landslide for Sleepy Joe ... 😂🇺🇸

Course he did.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 900 viewsHighjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:39 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I must say, Welker is doing very well as moderator thus far.

I dozed off halfway through but I thought she should have pulled Biden up on him not answering any of the questions he was asked. The first question was what will you do going forward in the coronavirus crisis. Now Trump rambled on about a vaccine ready in weeks etc and she had a number of follow up questions but at least he vaguely stayed on topic. When the same question was posed to Biden he didn’t say what he would do, he just rambled on about how terrible Trump is and he wasn’t pulled back to the actual question and she didn’t have any “follow up questions” either.

All in all it was a typically low brow squabble between two of the worst candidates in American history. I doubt any American feels any more enlightened or positive after that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 884 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:25 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

First bomb dropped by Trump

“We have to learn to live with the virus. We can’t all hide in our basements like Joe. People can’t afford to, it’s okay for Joe, he must be getting his money from somewhere...”

"To listen to Trump here blame me for everything that's happened for the last four years, you'd think I must have been President all this time. Maybe that explains why Trump hasn't done anything, he's so mentally unfit he doesn't even realize he's President, not me."

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:32 - Oct 23 with 871 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:07 - Oct 23 by DJack

"To listen to Trump here blame me for everything that's happened for the last four years, you'd think I must have been President all this time. Maybe that explains why Trump hasn't done anything, he's so mentally unfit he doesn't even realize he's President, not me."

He has been in politics for 47 years and Vice President for 8 of them.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:38 - Oct 23 with 866 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure of the point of these debates. Surely there can't be any undecided voters left in America. Either you think the human Cheeto needs to be booted as far away from the Presidency as physically possible or you're an idiot.

Can't be many floating voters left.

I am glad to see that you agree that a corrupt person like Biden should be no where near the presidency of the USA.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:08 - Oct 23 with 803 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:32 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

He has been in politics for 47 years and Vice President for 8 of them.

So he's served his nation well then whilst Trump inherited an absolute fortune from his father. Has been declared bankrupt 5/6 times and currently the only bank who will deal with him are Deutsche Bank and that loan is underwritten by the STATE OWNED RUSSIAN BANK VTB.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:46 - Oct 24 with 764 viewsKilkennyjack

She hates his guts.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:47 - Oct 24 with 763 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:46 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

She hates his guts.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:05 - Oct 24 with 756 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:08 - Oct 23 by DJack

So he's served his nation well then whilst Trump inherited an absolute fortune from his father. Has been declared bankrupt 5/6 times and currently the only bank who will deal with him are Deutsche Bank and that loan is underwritten by the STATE OWNED RUSSIAN BANK VTB.

What nonsense you spout.

Donald Trump has never been bankrupt, utterly ridiculous to even suggest so, let alone 5 or 6 times

Biden has done anything but serve his country well. In fact he has used his position to lock up Americans for small crimes for decades while taking millions for his own family in corrupt deals.

But whatever makes you happy DJack.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:50 - Oct 24 with 744 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Speaking of locking people up.
The President has just granted clemency to Duke Tanner after 16 years in prison.
He was jailed for life for a first, non violent offense under Joe Biden's 1994 Crime bill.
Biden and Harris make a great team for locking people up for longer than they should be.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:58 - Oct 24 with 742 viewsBoundy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024