Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EPL to be cut to 18 ? 13:26 - Oct 11 with 1050 viewspikeypaul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

So the big 6 want the EPL cut to 18 teams and the scrapping of the League cup by 2022/23.

So the pie gets split 18 ways instead of 20.

All being oiled by the promise of a £100million "gift" to the FA ,so one thing is for sure they will back it.

Its the first step towards abolishing promotion and relegation and introducing automatic qualification to European tournaments for certain "big name" clubs, Juventus and the like have been pushing for it in Europe for a few years,

They want "special status" for the big 6 ,Everton ,Southampton and West Ham,what does this entail? no relegation is my guess.

Just like FFP its another step to stop teams entering the "elite" and keeping the cosy little club of established high profile clubs who are terrified of competition.

OUT

AFLI

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 13:55]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 993 viewsJack_Kass

The next move is played on the chess board.

The only saving grace I can think of is that surely they need a majority to push it through, what turkeys are going to vote for Christmas?

Unless conveniently the rules get changed to allow perhaps only 6 to vote for it..

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 14:21 - Oct 11 with 979 viewspikeypaul

It states in the link if the 9 "special status" clubs vote for it ,its enough to pass,like yourself i cant see that being the case.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 14:23 - Oct 11 with 977 viewsJack_Kass

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 14:21 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

It states in the link if the 9 "special status" clubs vote for it ,its enough to pass,like yourself i cant see that being the case.

OUT

AFLI

Yes I read it again

Effectively they want the Big 6 to run everything.

It cannot happen, they need to be bluffed into backing down or f**king off for good, the issue is the EFL clubs are in a terrible position, and just want their clubs to survive.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 15:59 - Oct 11 with 927 viewspikeypaul

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 14:23 - Oct 11 by Jack_Kass

Yes I read it again

Effectively they want the Big 6 to run everything.

It cannot happen, they need to be bluffed into backing down or f**king off for good, the issue is the EFL clubs are in a terrible position, and just want their clubs to survive.

The big 6 know they need to use COVID for their benefit and exploit the weak position the pandemic has put a lot of football league clubs in.

OUT

AFLI

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 17:40 - Oct 11 with 863 viewsonehunglow

Good point pikey.
As for me,they can all FO.

Filth all of them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 18:59 - Oct 11 with 819 viewsbritferry

I don't think the Football League clubs will have any say in it, this is the FA's league.

I bet Leicester (not that I care) will be pleased that other clubs who have never won the league will be classified higher than them.

1) £250million sent to EFL

2) Special status for the nine longest serving clubs — and the vote of only six of those 'long-term shareholders' required to make major changes, Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20

3) £100m one-off gift to the FA to maintain its sustainability, including at grassroots level

4) 8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and 'good causes' including the FA

5) From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs

6) Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat

7) New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income both overseas and domestic

8) League Cup and the Community Shield abolished

9) 24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two to reduce 92 professional game clubs to 90

10) A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA

11) Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted.

12) The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship's third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

13) Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts

14) A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, and a focus on a return to safe standing

15) Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies

16) Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 19:18 - Oct 11 with 813 viewsCatullus

There are a few things in there that seem like a good idea but on the whole they are the sop for a massive power grab by the top 6.

I'd be saying get lost, if you don't like it form a Euro league and let the other clubs form a proper division with fair competition and not set up just to benefit the already rich few.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 20:09 - Oct 11 with 788 viewsbuilthjack

Southampton ? West Ham? Top clubs ?
West Ham finished 3rd in the league once. About 34 years ago.
Southampton, I think they finished 2nd once in the old 1st division.
Hells bells.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 20:13 - Oct 11 with 785 viewsbritferry

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 20:09 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Southampton ? West Ham? Top clubs ?
West Ham finished 3rd in the league once. About 34 years ago.
Southampton, I think they finished 2nd once in the old 1st division.
Hells bells.

if it hadn't been for the bloody Marriott they wouldn't be there now

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 20:27 - Oct 11 with 777 viewspikeypaul

Villa and Newcastle will not be happy left on the outside with no special status although they have participated in more EPL seasons than Man City.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT

AFLI

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 08:29 - Oct 12 with 684 viewsMartinSwan

Don’t forget the playoff requirement with PL clubs to get promoted to the PL
. That’s the first stage of moving to no promotion relegation from the PL
EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 08:40 - Oct 12 with 679 viewspikeypaul

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 18:59 - Oct 11 by britferry

I don't think the Football League clubs will have any say in it, this is the FA's league.

I bet Leicester (not that I care) will be pleased that other clubs who have never won the league will be classified higher than them.

1) £250million sent to EFL

2) Special status for the nine longest serving clubs — and the vote of only six of those 'long-term shareholders' required to make major changes, Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20

3) £100m one-off gift to the FA to maintain its sustainability, including at grassroots level

4) 8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and 'good causes' including the FA

5) From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs

6) Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat

7) New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income both overseas and domestic

8) League Cup and the Community Shield abolished

9) 24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two to reduce 92 professional game clubs to 90

10) A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA

11) Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted.

12) The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship's third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

13) Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts

14) A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, and a focus on a return to safe standing

15) Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies

16) Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

That list fails to mention parachute payments to be scrapped. Which recoups virtually all "presents" to the FA immediately and never to be paid again.

It's a list obviously drawn up by pro change campaigners.

Only a fool would think the big 6 are doing it for the benefit of the smaller clubs and not to fill their greedy pockets.

OUT

AFLU

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 10:00 - Oct 12 with 636 viewsMartinSwan

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 08:40 - Oct 12 by pikeypaul

That list fails to mention parachute payments to be scrapped. Which recoups virtually all "presents" to the FA immediately and never to be paid again.

It's a list obviously drawn up by pro change campaigners.

Only a fool would think the big 6 are doing it for the benefit of the smaller clubs and not to fill their greedy pockets.

OUT

AFLU

Liverpool and Man Utd have been working on this deal for 3 years, yet now it’s being promoted as a “Covid” plan. No it’s just what the top six clubs want, and they could only find criteria to get Man City in, which meant they had to also include West Ham etc as part of the special 9 clubs.

Of course only the top six clubs will have the vote for all future changes, no relegation anyone, European matches on weekends and PL matches relegated to weekdays.

This is the US way of dealing with sports, protect the brand.

Apparently Parry chair of the EFL has been working on this with Liverpool and Man Utd for some time without telling anyone. With his connections to Liverpool, he’s not exactly unbiased.

And just because they will make the trains run on time and build autobahns doesn’t mean they don’t have evil intent.
EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 10:19 - Oct 12 with 634 viewspikeypaul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpo

Great article by Martin Samuel,make sure you read it all

He points out they have invited Southampton,Everton and West ham on board to help it get passed,but guess what if it is any vote in the new set up would only require a 2/3rd majority, and guess what 2/3rds of 9 is,making those 3 clubs votes about as useful as our 21% stake in Swansea City,yes 2/3rds of FA.The big 6 would have total control.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 10:27]

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 10:32 - Oct 12 with 620 viewsMartinSwan

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 10:19 - Oct 12 by pikeypaul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpo

Great article by Martin Samuel,make sure you read it all

He points out they have invited Southampton,Everton and West ham on board to help it get passed,but guess what if it is any vote in the new set up would only require a 2/3rd majority, and guess what 2/3rds of 9 is,making those 3 clubs votes about as useful as our 21% stake in Swansea City,yes 2/3rds of FA.The big 6 would have total control.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 10:27]

I think its fair to say he is not a fan...but its difficult to argue with a single point he has made.
EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 11:49 - Oct 12 with 597 viewsThornburyswan

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 10:32 - Oct 12 by MartinSwan

I think its fair to say he is not a fan...but its difficult to argue with a single point he has made.

Unfortunately for me his continual sniping throughout his article made it unreadable & a bore fest so whilst he may have made valid points his clear contempt of the big clubs lost his perspective for me - akin to when you start shouting/swearing in a debate, passion is great but if you cannot control & balance it you invariably lose the debate.

Feels like the early steps to breaking the Premiership away from the EFL, as has been muted several times over the last 10+ years, to create a “super league” or even towards a Euro league.

Personally I’m not adverse to it but would not want it to happen - equally I would not expect the Premiership to throw £250M to the EFL with nothing in return.
EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 13:19 - Oct 12 with 572 viewspikeypaul

EPL to be cut to 18 ? on 11:49 - Oct 12 by Thornburyswan

Unfortunately for me his continual sniping throughout his article made it unreadable & a bore fest so whilst he may have made valid points his clear contempt of the big clubs lost his perspective for me - akin to when you start shouting/swearing in a debate, passion is great but if you cannot control & balance it you invariably lose the debate.

Feels like the early steps to breaking the Premiership away from the EFL, as has been muted several times over the last 10+ years, to create a “super league” or even towards a Euro league.

Personally I’m not adverse to it but would not want it to happen - equally I would not expect the Premiership to throw £250M to the EFL with nothing in return.

They are not throwing £250m for nothing,remember there will be no parachute payments anymore so they get that back almost immediately, plus everything in future is split 18 ways instead of 20.

£250m between the 70 odd remaining clubs, so a bit over £3 million each, that wont last long.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 13:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024