Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Estate Agents 11:01 - Oct 25 with 1370 viewsonehunglow

With so many shops in High St closing these seem to be popping up everywhere and surviving well.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Estate Agents on 17:20 - Oct 25 with 465 viewsTreforys_Jack

Estate Agents on 17:15 - Oct 25 by Jack11

Yeah it says pinewood on the deeds funnily enough. I go into the Spar often but Mr Tudor next door to it doesn’t like it very much when he sees me going in there! Some people leave their goods in spar and then go in Tudors to get their papers so he doesn’t tell them off!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 17:16]

Tudor lol, he is a character alright, his shop is like something from "open all hours".
Estate Agents on 17:25 - Oct 25 with 452 viewsonehunglow

Im not an envious man but having read what Keith has posted I truly wished I hadnt bottled buying abroad on retiring.
That said,I d have gone to France but having been three time and once in a vicious heatwave,the isolation and the quietness would kill my soul.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Estate Agents on 21:49 - Oct 25 with 420 viewsmajorraglan

Estate Agents on 17:03 - Oct 25 by KeithHaynes

I live in Cadiz mate, right on the edge of the city, its possibly one step away from heaven, every place has its issues, but to have them here is far better than anywhere else ive lived.

The coastline here is stunning, the city is seriously laid back ( matchday is mental mind ) if i said where we live there is no crime I would be telling the truth. Its zero, family first, total respect all round. We had a burglary last year, committed by a passing idiot, he was handed over to the police about 5 hours after the locals caught him. We are in a community where there still is honour, it took me a while to get to grips with the fact that kids always walk round you, say hello, and always put their litter in a bin.

Of course there are problems, drugs but not a lot, drink but its so cheap its madness, 1 euro a g;lass. 1 litre of Smirnoff is around 6 quid, not that I have experience of that :-) Cheaper options are 3 quid tops. Estrella 30p a can.

Have I sold it yet :-0

Theres even a whole load of young spanish whose favourite team in the uk is the swans.
Down to the spanish connections over the past ten years.

Its not utopia, but it beats Gloucester on a rainy Sunday in the dark.

https://www.spain-holiday.com/La-Barrosa

Sounds really nice, always fancied visiting that part of Spain, it’s a bit more off the beaten track and more popular with tourists. €140,000 for a 3 bedroom villa sounds like a bargain compared to the Med Costa’s. We were in Seville a few years ago and I enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe of Southern Spain.
Can remember being in Spain in the 80’s and going to the Nou Camp to see a game, Hughes and Lineker were there at the time and they played Cadiz. Dreadful experience and game, we were up in the Gods, there was no atmosphere, the Barca fans were blowing in to those horns and the players were like ants. I’d imagine a game in Cadiz which is a much smaller stadium would be a good experience.
Estate Agents on 02:55 - Oct 26 with 392 viewsNotLoyal

Estate Agents on 21:49 - Oct 25 by majorraglan

Sounds really nice, always fancied visiting that part of Spain, it’s a bit more off the beaten track and more popular with tourists. €140,000 for a 3 bedroom villa sounds like a bargain compared to the Med Costa’s. We were in Seville a few years ago and I enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe of Southern Spain.
Can remember being in Spain in the 80’s and going to the Nou Camp to see a game, Hughes and Lineker were there at the time and they played Cadiz. Dreadful experience and game, we were up in the Gods, there was no atmosphere, the Barca fans were blowing in to those horns and the players were like ants. I’d imagine a game in Cadiz which is a much smaller stadium would be a good experience.

I’ve been to the Ramon Caranza in Cadiz it’s mad, the area is busy for spanish tourists but I have to be honest when I went there to see Keith nobody spoke English at all. Which is why he had to learn quickly. Which is fair enough. It’s a great place for a holiday and cheap.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Estate Agents on 11:57 - Oct 26 with 324 viewsBoundy

Estate Agents on 17:15 - Oct 25 by Jack11

Yeah it says pinewood on the deeds funnily enough. I go into the Spar often but Mr Tudor next door to it doesn’t like it very much when he sees me going in there! Some people leave their goods in spar and then go in Tudors to get their papers so he doesn’t tell them off!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 17:16]

is Tudor still going ? I remember him as bit of a decent runner back in the day and having a very bad case of psoriasis ? (He often wore a blue glove or two?)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Estate Agents on 14:44 - Oct 26 with 295 viewsJack11

Estate Agents on 11:57 - Oct 26 by Boundy

is Tudor still going ? I remember him as bit of a decent runner back in the day and having a very bad case of psoriasis ? (He often wore a blue glove or two?)

Yeah he still runs, you often see him pounding the pavements round here at silly o clock in the morning. He’s got a few years on me, but puts me to shame. I’m not sure about his skin, but can confirm he is often running sporting a vest and a fetching pair of gloves! Really nice bloke in fairness and a character- definitely not many like him around!
Estate Agents on 14:54 - Oct 26 with 290 viewsBoundy

Estate Agents on 14:44 - Oct 26 by Jack11

Yeah he still runs, you often see him pounding the pavements round here at silly o clock in the morning. He’s got a few years on me, but puts me to shame. I’m not sure about his skin, but can confirm he is often running sporting a vest and a fetching pair of gloves! Really nice bloke in fairness and a character- definitely not many like him around!

Cheers , glad to hear he's about and running, I think he's a couple of years younger than me ( but its feeling like that's true of everyone) . He took up running latish and a mate of mine who was running for the Swansea Harriers well before Tudor were "rivals" when he took it up. He must have had the shop now for 25 + years or more so he must must be making a living ,good on him
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 15:05]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Estate Agents on 14:55 - Oct 26 with 290 viewsTreforys_Jack

Estate Agents on 11:57 - Oct 26 by Boundy

Yep , good runner, always running up and down the bypass next to midway cafe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024