Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being proud of your country 14:07 - Feb 15 with 3908 viewsonehunglow

Should we be and if so why?

Countries are formed by lines drawn on a map by politicians often with disastrous results,like the Balkans.

If we live in a fascist/communist country or one with a murderous past-like Turkey for example, why should anyone be proud

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Being proud of your country on 14:11 - Feb 15 with 1539 viewsKeithHaynes

Proud for what reason is the question.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Being proud of your country on 14:13 - Feb 15 with 1536 viewsonehunglow

No.
Why proud at all;a naked and unquantifiable love of your homeland,one without reason .

Being proud of your country on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 1497 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 15:23]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Being proud of your country on 15:26 - Feb 15 with 1486 viewsKeithHaynes

Being proud of your country on 15:23 - Feb 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 15:23]

Sensible.

Being proud of your country on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 1483 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Being proud of your country on 15:26 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Sensible.

I made a post in the "Goodbye to Mr and Mrs then" thread and somehow it was posted in this thread - hence the edit.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Being proud of your country on 15:45 - Feb 15 with 1469 views1983

Should we be and if so why?

Countries are formed by lines drawn on a map by politicians often with disastrous results,like the Balkans.

If we live in a fascist/communist country or one with a murderous past-like Turkey for example, why should anyone be proud

Yes we should because we invented Weetabix
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 15:46]

Being proud of your country on 16:19 - Feb 15 with 1437 viewsBoundy

I used to be I'm not so sure now. We've shown recently to be selfish bigoted , uncaring, selfish with its all about me attitude. We seem surprised when decent individuals rise to the fore when such individuals were the norm not that long ago .
I'm still feel blessed to have been born in the country for all its faults but sad to see such a marked decline in basic decency ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Being proud of your country on 16:32 - Feb 15 with 1432 viewsonehunglow

Being proud of your country on 16:19 - Feb 15 by Boundy

I used to be I'm not so sure now. We've shown recently to be selfish bigoted , uncaring, selfish with its all about me attitude. We seem surprised when decent individuals rise to the fore when such individuals were the norm not that long ago .
I'm still feel blessed to have been born in the country for all its faults but sad to see such a marked decline in basic decency ,

It's where I am.
No more naked love of a country no different to many others. As British ,we have a very dubious past of colonialism that has screwed up countless countries to this day.

The older I get the more objective Ive become. Looking around at the d1ckwards,the litter louts,the feckless kids aware of their rights but not responsibilites ,a generation of old people dumped by families and society at large and a justice system that insults every victim of crime.

The Welsh?.Well, we don't go to Chapel as we did, we don't sing hymns as we did,and the country is as full of cretins as the rest of the UK. We are also socially and linguistically divided to the point of hatred.

Login to get fewer ads

Being proud of your country on 16:38 - Feb 15 with 1427 views1983

Being proud of your country on 16:32 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

It's where I am.
No more naked love of a country no different to many others. As British ,we have a very dubious past of colonialism that has screwed up countless countries to this day.

The older I get the more objective Ive become. Looking around at the d1ckwards,the litter louts,the feckless kids aware of their rights but not responsibilites ,a generation of old people dumped by families and society at large and a justice system that insults every victim of crime.

The Welsh?.Well, we don't go to Chapel as we did, we don't sing hymns as we did,and the country is as full of cretins as the rest of the UK. We are also socially and linguistically divided to the point of hatred.

But we do nice f@ggots peas & gravy though

Being proud of your country on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 1425 views1983

It's where I am.

and are hands down the best at doing gravy & chips
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 16:40]

Being proud of your country on 16:41 - Feb 15 with 1418 viewsonehunglow

Being proud of your country on 16:39 - Feb 15 by 1983

and are hands down the best at doing gravy & chips
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 16:40]

What,Wales or Britain.

I 'll have you know,gravy and chips is a Yorkshire invention with real nothick northern gravy much loved by the "working class".

Here in west Wirral,we are of course in the Sauce Belt

Being proud of your country on 16:53 - Feb 15 with 1410 viewsBoundy

It's where I am.

Yes I guess we did some things wrong but also lot of good which seems to be ignored.I find it strange that for all the ill we did in say Africa , have they as a continent progressed since we left ? with all its natural resources the poor are still poor the wealthy still wealthy and the cycle of charities still need to beg for help . India another nation of haves and have nots , willing to spend billions on space exploration but think nothing of its dying children .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Being proud of your country on 16:56 - Feb 15 with 1409 viewsonehunglow

Being proud of your country on 16:53 - Feb 15 by Boundy

Yes I guess we did some things wrong but also lot of good which seems to be ignored.I find it strange that for all the ill we did in say Africa , have they as a continent progressed since we left ? with all its natural resources the poor are still poor the wealthy still wealthy and the cycle of charities still need to beg for help . India another nation of haves and have nots , willing to spend billions on space exploration but think nothing of its dying children .

We did most things wrong as we should really have stayed well out of their countries.Our invention was concentration camps for use in containing Boer women and children.Not really nice at all.

That said,I d be pretty ashamed to be

Belgian
Dutch
Swiss
Russian
Serbian
and American too all things considered of late.

Being proud of your country on 17:30 - Feb 15 with 1390 viewsCatullus

Being proud of your country on 16:19 - Feb 15 by Boundy

I'm with you, I said a while back on another thread that I was pretty much done with patriotism and nationalism.

Those 2 things usually cause problems, look at the USA and Donald Trump. He incited riots, nationalsits and patriots felt called to arms by his words and rioted, the Proud boys, the Oath Keepers.

Being proud of your country is an argument waiting to happen. I'm proud of some people in my country, none of them are politicians though!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Being proud of your country on 17:55 - Feb 15 with 1375 viewsbritferry

what gets me, is Welsh people, who want a Welsh national team to lose, just because they prefer a Welsh club in another sport

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Being proud of your country on 18:15 - Feb 15 with 1367 viewsKeithHaynes

Being proud of your country on 15:30 - Feb 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I made a post in the "Goodbye to Mr and Mrs then" thread and somehow it was posted in this thread - hence the edit.

Life is like that mate, sometimes your in one place and realise later you should be in another, story of my life 😉

Being proud of your country on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 1366 viewsKeithHaynes

Being proud of your country on 16:38 - Feb 15 by 1983

But we do nice f@ggots peas & gravy though

Yorkshire puddings if you are British, Rissoles if not.

Being proud of your country on 18:28 - Feb 15 with 1356 views1983

Being proud of your country on 18:17 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Yorkshire puddings if you are British, Rissoles if not.

You say the word Rissoles where I live they look at you like you are talking Japanese they are all Heathens here

Being proud of your country on 18:39 - Feb 15 with 1350 views1983

All jokes aside there is one good reason why I'm very proud of my country whether it be Wales England Scotland or NI.

If what I'm hearing is true a certain young Scottish man living & working in England is paying for a young Welshman's funeral to help his young family.

That in a nutshell is why I'm proud to be Welsh / British heritage

Being proud of your country on 18:47 - Feb 15 with 1341 viewscontroversial_jack

Being proud of your country on 18:39 - Feb 15 by 1983

All jokes aside there is one good reason why I'm very proud of my country whether it be Wales England Scotland or NI.

If what I'm hearing is true a certain young Scottish man living & working in England is paying for a young Welshman's funeral to help his young family.

I'm not particularly proud to be British at the moment.We don't seem to excel at anything worthwhile and don't lead the world in anything
Being proud of your country on 19:39 - Feb 15 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

Being proud of your country on 18:39 - Feb 15 by 1983

Acts of kindness come from all nationalities

Being proud of your country on 20:41 - Feb 15 with 1306 views1983

Enjoy your fishing

Being proud of your country on 20:47 - Feb 15 with 1297 viewsKilkennyjack

Some not very nice people seem to love the union flag.
It needs to be reclaimed by the decent people.

Beware of the Risen People

Being proud of your country on 21:23 - Feb 15 with 1278 viewsCatullus

Being proud of your country on 20:47 - Feb 15 by Kilkennyjack

Some not very nice people seem to love the union flag.
It needs to be reclaimed by the decent people.

https://www.wales247.co.uk/mark-drakefords-coronavirus-statement-in-full

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Being proud of your country on 21:26 - Feb 15 with 1276 viewsCatullus

Being proud of your country on 18:47 - Feb 15 by controversial_jack

I'm not particularly proud to be British at the moment.We don't seem to excel at anything worthwhile and don't lead the world in anything

Leading the world is over rated. I should say though, we have excelled at getting the vaccines rolled out.

We also excel at selling weapons to dictators and despots, at having rubbish politicians and wasting money so I can't argue against the other point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024