Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court 18:25 - Mar 23 with 1573 viewstheloneranger

Handwritten statements from witnesses were destroyed by the police before the defence could examine them at the time of the trials.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-56494701

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 18:34 - Mar 23 with 1543 viewscontroversial_jack

Police being naughty boys and girls again.
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:42 - Mar 24 with 1478 viewsCountyJim

Read his autobiography few years back good reading plus he fesses up to a lot of stuff he's ashamed of early in life
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:44 - Mar 24 with 1471 viewsonehunglow

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:42 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

Read his autobiography few years back good reading plus he fesses up to a lot of stuff he's ashamed of early in life

My son has met him at a Speaking do.
Pretty much what you see is what you get .

A real class warrior still albeit one who doesn't work for the ordinary man's wage.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:48 - Mar 24 with 1472 viewsCountyJim

What really surprised me was he was a member of the national front
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:53 - Mar 24 with 1466 viewsonehunglow

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:48 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

Many people deep down felt that way. When whole towns change ,it's natural.

Imagine being a denizen of a former proud big mill town like Bradford in the 50s and see it subject to mass wholescale immigration from the sub continent.That is not racist peak but fact. Bradford has changed out of all recognition. Any school photograph of 1947 and 1987 will show you what I mean.

South Wales did not see this so the people down there have no idea what this scenario was like. It's easy to be an anti racist from the comfort of an all white small town.

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 09:09 - Mar 24 with 1459 viewsYrAlarch

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:53 - Mar 24 by onehunglow

Many people deep down felt that way. When whole towns change ,it's natural.

Imagine being a denizen of a former proud big mill town like Bradford in the 50s and see it subject to mass wholescale immigration from the sub continent.That is not racist peak but fact. Bradford has changed out of all recognition. Any school photograph of 1947 and 1987 will show you what I mean.

South Wales did not see this so the people down there have no idea what this scenario was like. It's easy to be an anti racist from the comfort of an all white small town.

But OHL wasn't it a fact that immigrants from the Indian sub continent provided a vital source of manpower for the mills, doing jobs that the indigenous population no longer wanted to do. Perhaps a similar process to the influx of skilled medical practitioners that has kept the NHS afloat.
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 09:26 - Mar 24 with 1458 viewsonehunglow

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 09:09 - Mar 24 by YrAlarch

But OHL wasn't it a fact that immigrants from the Indian sub continent provided a vital source of manpower for the mills, doing jobs that the indigenous population no longer wanted to do. Perhaps a similar process to the influx of skilled medical practitioners that has kept the NHS afloat.

Yes,and also the fact it change not the cultural changes which were massive.

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 09:30 - Mar 24 with 1447 viewsYrAlarch

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 09:26 - Mar 24 by onehunglow

Yes,and also the fact it change not the cultural changes which were massive.

For better or for worse?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 9:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 10:08 - Mar 24 with 1426 viewscontroversial_jack

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 08:48 - Mar 24 by CountyJim

He only did it for a very short time when he was a youngster and then regretted it for the rest of his life
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 11:27 - Mar 24 with 1415 viewsKeithHaynes

I think I’ve mentioned before that a long time antifa uk organiser was in his youth a member of the NF. It’s called finding your way in life, back then in the late seventies Bulldog magazine was everywhere, outside Swansea and Cardiff games, appealing to the minds of many kids who loved to feel a sense of belonging, especially those from broken homes or just looking for a real family.

And not forgetting back then the NF were massive, as big as they would ever get.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 14:50 - Mar 24 with 1360 viewscontroversial_jack

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 11:27 - Mar 24 by KeithHaynes

I think I’ve mentioned before that a long time antifa uk organiser was in his youth a member of the NF. It’s called finding your way in life, back then in the late seventies Bulldog magazine was everywhere, outside Swansea and Cardiff games, appealing to the minds of many kids who loved to feel a sense of belonging, especially those from broken homes or just looking for a real family.

And not forgetting back then the NF were massive, as big as they would ever get.

There were also many football supporters who were sympathetic to the National front and openly racist, Swansea had it's fair share of them too.

Times were a lot different then.Like it or not, there was a lot more freedom of speech and expression during the 70s.Things have changed, some for the better, but not all
Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 15:14 - Mar 24 with 1351 viewsbritferry

thats the Tories for you

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 16:44 - Mar 24 with 1322 viewsLohengrin

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 11:27 - Mar 24 by KeithHaynes

”... appealing to the minds of many kids who loved to feel a sense of belonging, especially those from broken homes or just looking for a real family.”

Very much like a regiment, Keith.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 17:40 - Mar 24 with 1295 viewsKeithHaynes

Ricky Tomlinson clears his name as decades old injustice overturned in court on 16:44 - Mar 24 by Lohengrin

”... appealing to the minds of many kids who loved to feel a sense of belonging, especially those from broken homes or just looking for a real family.”

Very much like a regiment, Keith.

It’s a draw for many young adults, I agree wholeheartedly.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024