Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2601 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 21st Apr 2021 09:11
A sombre Steve Cooper greeted the press after yet another loss at home to a side who had nothing really to achieve apart from pride. Maybe that’s the word that is missing, maybe the players who wore a white shirt against QPR have lost their pride or respect for who and what they are ? Steve Cooper must now realise there is now a majority who would like him to move on from the club, we disagree here, but this is your website and it’s pretty overwhelming overall. 0

Click above 👍
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:18 - Apr 21 with 462 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:09 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

No, no, no, no, no...... stick with tennis Ad.

Bidwell gets dragged out, fair enough, no qualms
Guehi shifts left to cover Bidwell
Bidwell ends up running with Adoma, almost touch tight.

BENNETT LEAVES THE AREA

BENNETT!!!!

He gets dragged to the ball like dull centre halves do too often

Naughton tries to play for offside but Guehi plays him on.

Naughton had to stay where he is because if Bennet hadn't come drawn to the ball, Adomah would have had Naughton's space for a clear shot on goal.

Had Bennett stood his ground Adomah would have run right across the 18 yard line with no gaps or sights on goal, or if he had played that dink pass it would have gone straight to Bennett.

Understand the game.

Ironic that he said people misread what they see. Also maybe he needs to remember people can misinterpret stats too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:18 - Apr 21 with 461 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:09 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

No, no, no, no, no...... stick with tennis Ad.

Bidwell gets dragged out, fair enough, no qualms
Guehi shifts left to cover Bidwell
Bidwell ends up running with Adoma, almost touch tight.

BENNETT LEAVES THE AREA

BENNETT!!!!

He gets dragged to the ball like dull centre halves do too often

Naughton tries to play for offside but Guehi plays him on.

Naughton had to stay where he is because if Bennet hadn't come drawn to the ball, Adomah would have had Naughton's space for a clear shot on goal.

Had Bennett stood his ground Adomah would have run right across the 18 yard line with no gaps or sights on goal, or if he had played that dink pass it would have gone straight to Bennett.

Understand the game.

Yes, yes, yes. I stick to all sports, because I understand them far more than your layman.

Bennett steps forward yes. That’s because the attacker gets past (was it Grimes?). That’s what he should do, backing off means the player gets a shot off in the box.

In the defensive shape there Naughton needs to be reading the fact that Bennett may have to step forward at any given time, as soon as the player gets beyond ours is when that will happen. He didn’t react and watched the player he was right to run away from him without reacting until he received the ball.

Bennett stepping up has no bearing on Naughton losing his man and being completely flat footed. He let him go.

You are flogging a dead horse with this one.

I will see if I can find it later but Rio Ferdinand did a fantastic piece regarding CB’s smelling danger a couple of years ago and gave some prime examples. Much like a striker has a positional sense for where the ball will drop, defenders (specifically CB’s) need that with regards to player runs and also covering your team mates moves.

Naughton doesn’t have it. But why would he, he’s a right back.

If you don’t want to take it from little old me, he will tell you.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:20]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:19 - Apr 21 with 459 views9MilesHigh

STAY THERE BENNETT

We got this....

Bidwell has him touch tight, he's got nowhere to go!!!!

DO NOT LEAVE THAT SPACE FOR HIM TO RUN INTO AND GET PASSED AROUND YOU!!!!

Oh fack!!
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:20 - Apr 21 with 454 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:18 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, yes, yes. I stick to all sports, because I understand them far more than your layman.

Bennett steps forward yes. That’s because the attacker gets past (was it Grimes?). That’s what he should do, backing off means the player gets a shot off in the box.

In the defensive shape there Naughton needs to be reading the fact that Bennett may have to step forward at any given time, as soon as the player gets beyond ours is when that will happen. He didn’t react and watched the player he was right to run away from him without reacting until he received the ball.

Bennett stepping up has no bearing on Naughton losing his man and being completely flat footed. He let him go.

You are flogging a dead horse with this one.

I will see if I can find it later but Rio Ferdinand did a fantastic piece regarding CB’s smelling danger a couple of years ago and gave some prime examples. Much like a striker has a positional sense for where the ball will drop, defenders (specifically CB’s) need that with regards to player runs and also covering your team mates moves.

Naughton doesn’t have it. But why would he, he’s a right back.

If you don’t want to take it from little old me, he will tell you.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:20]

You are so out of your league I am actually feeling sorry for you now.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:21 - Apr 21 with 454 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:18 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Ironic that he said people misread what they see. Also maybe he needs to remember people can misinterpret stats too.

I’m yet to misread what I see after 25 years of watching the game.

But there is still time I guess.

I’ll let you know when I do.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:24 - Apr 21 with 448 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:19 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

STAY THERE BENNETT

We got this....

Bidwell has him touch tight, he's got nowhere to go!!!!

DO NOT LEAVE THAT SPACE FOR HIM TO RUN INTO AND GET PASSED AROUND YOU!!!!

Oh fack!!

Bidwell isn’t part of the defensive line.

In situations like this in a central attack, the wing backs will helps the DMC’s channel attacks. Like footballing shepherds if you will.

Naughtons job in that scenario is to mark the potential danger pass and cover the defender moving to the ball if that player runs in behind.

That’s basic football you learn in U-12’s, it’s not a complicated one.

He failed to do that.

But again, he’s a right back, he won’t have the same instincts as a natural CB. No blame on the lad.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:24 - Apr 21 with 448 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:18 - Apr 21 by Catullus

He's got an incredible amount of time on his hands but even with that he still can't see the wood for the trees.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:25 - Apr 21 with 444 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:21 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m yet to misread what I see after 25 years of watching the game.

But there is still time I guess.

I’ll let you know when I do.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:26 - Apr 21 with 443 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:20 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

You are so out of your league I am actually feeling sorry for you now.

Lol it appears that comment I made to you cut deep. You have thrown it back at me maybe 4 times since.

I said you are going to have to work very hard indeed to get any foothold in a debate with me, because facts beat feelings. You are disappointing so far.

I can sense the frustration building and building. I’m right aren’t I?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:26 - Apr 21 with 442 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:24 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Bidwell isn’t part of the defensive line.

In situations like this in a central attack, the wing backs will helps the DMC’s channel attacks. Like footballing shepherds if you will.

Naughtons job in that scenario is to mark the potential danger pass and cover the defender moving to the ball if that player runs in behind.

That’s basic football you learn in U-12’s, it’s not a complicated one.

He failed to do that.

But again, he’s a right back, he won’t have the same instincts as a natural CB. No blame on the lad.

It's Bidwell that has him touch tight you absolute fool

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:27 - Apr 21 with 439 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:24 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

He's got an incredible amount of time on his hands but even with that he still can't see the wood for the trees.

Keep reading. Keep learning.

I’ll take your silly quips as you trying to save face while furiously jotting down the points I am teaching you.

Stick with rain man, we will make a poster out of you yet.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:28 - Apr 21 with 438 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:26 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Lol it appears that comment I made to you cut deep. You have thrown it back at me maybe 4 times since.

I said you are going to have to work very hard indeed to get any foothold in a debate with me, because facts beat feelings. You are disappointing so far.

I can sense the frustration building and building. I’m right aren’t I?

I genuinely and sincerely feel sorry for you.

I'm sorry Adam.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:29 - Apr 21 with 435 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:26 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

It's Bidwell that has him touch tight you absolute fool

You see, this is the problem in someone watching something and seeing what they want.

Naughton is circled, touch tight on the danger pass, not Bidwell.

Naughton then leaves him run into the space vacated by Bennett.

Keep up, I don’t have to baby you through this one as well do I?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:30 - Apr 21 with 433 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:28 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

I genuinely and sincerely feel sorry for you.

I'm sorry Adam.

Apology accepted Christopher.

I’m sure you will learn.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:33 - Apr 21 with 425 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:33 - Apr 21 by Thornburyswan

What concerns me is I genuinely think he believes if Routs or Smith had stuck their chance away in the first half everything would have been peachy - to me he consistently looks like a kid who just moved up to big school & has no clue what’s going on all around him or where to go for the next lesson.

Wayne Routlege and Korey Smith have scored 1 goal all season between them. They are not the people to put your house on scoring.

The team was not set up to score goals. It was like the old Allen Britton Gower team of 2011. They did not score until Gylfi Sigurdson turned up. Arreola was the man to do this.

Routledge 1 in 10, Korey Smith 1 in 36, Jay Fulton 1 in 14 , Matt Grimes 1 in 20.

The 0 against Swansea was entirely predictable the moment Cooper put out the teamsheet. On verage the above four players each had a 5% chance of scoring statistically. On the day the 80% of the strike force had a 1 in 5 chance.

This is a manager that will not roll the dice even when there is absolutely nothing to lose. He did not develop either Gokeres or Palmer with gametime.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 414 viewsChief

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:33 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Wayne Routlege and Korey Smith have scored 1 goal all season between them. They are not the people to put your house on scoring.

The team was not set up to score goals. It was like the old Allen Britton Gower team of 2011. They did not score until Gylfi Sigurdson turned up. Arreola was the man to do this.

Routledge 1 in 10, Korey Smith 1 in 36, Jay Fulton 1 in 14 , Matt Grimes 1 in 20.

The 0 against Swansea was entirely predictable the moment Cooper put out the teamsheet. On verage the above four players each had a 5% chance of scoring statistically. On the day the 80% of the strike force had a 1 in 5 chance.

This is a manager that will not roll the dice even when there is absolutely nothing to lose. He did not develop either Gokeres or Palmer with gametime.

You do realise that Arriola, Gyorkeres and Palmer are not available and haven't been available for the manager to use for months?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:37 - Apr 21 with 410 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:29 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

You see, this is the problem in someone watching something and seeing what they want.

Naughton is circled, touch tight on the danger pass, not Bidwell.

Naughton then leaves him run into the space vacated by Bennett.

Keep up, I don’t have to baby you through this one as well do I?

Bidwell has the man with the ball (Adomah)

There's not a lot Adomah can do here, he can't cut back on his right as Bidwell has that covered

Smith also on hand there.

He has a run to his left but that space towards goal is covered by Naughton

He could shoot from there. Most defenders would be willing that on, a shot from 25 yards on his hopelessly weak left foot.

Or he could pass directly into the space that has been left by an onrushing defender.

Bennett made the decision easy for him. It was the only thing Adomah could have done and he couldn't believe his luck.

Dink pass around Bennett into the space he left behind.

Naughton covering the area where Adoman could have run into.

There we are, that's as full an explanation as this needs
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 398 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:36 - Apr 21 by Chief

You do realise that Arriola, Gyorkeres and Palmer are not available and haven't been available for the manager to use for months?

Of course. The point is this midfield has no teeth. These three players came to the club and were encouraged to leave by Cooper. Goykeres in no great shakes but is at least a presence and better than Routledge in that role.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:44 - Apr 21 with 396 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:42 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Of course. The point is this midfield has no teeth. These three players came to the club and were encouraged to leave by Cooper. Goykeres in no great shakes but is at least a presence and better than Routledge in that role.

There's been times since January where Gyokeres could have really made a difference. By the time he left he was shot of all or any confidence

And in reply to Chief, you do realise he never played these boys while they were here don't you?
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 395 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:37 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

Bidwell has the man with the ball (Adomah)

There's not a lot Adomah can do here, he can't cut back on his right as Bidwell has that covered

Smith also on hand there.

He has a run to his left but that space towards goal is covered by Naughton

He could shoot from there. Most defenders would be willing that on, a shot from 25 yards on his hopelessly weak left foot.

Or he could pass directly into the space that has been left by an onrushing defender.

Bennett made the decision easy for him. It was the only thing Adomah could have done and he couldn't believe his luck.

Dink pass around Bennett into the space he left behind.

Naughton covering the area where Adoman could have run into.

There we are, that's as full an explanation as this needs

What do you mean he “has him”? He ran past him.

The shape was as it should have been. However as soon as the DM line is beaten then the defensive line should kick into action.

This is why Bennett went towards him. Naughton didn’t read that, he was ball watching. Even if you don’t think Bennett should have stepped up (he should have) that’s still absolutely no reason to let a striker you were touch tight on make a curved run away from you. Playing the offside trap in the 89th minute is the exact reason why decision making is key in that position, ludicrous.

Naughton should not have left his man, it’s that simple. He should have read the situation, sniffed the danger and been alert to Bennett’s impending responsibilities if the player got past the DM, which he did. He was still flat footed watching the ball as the striker received the ball... some 10 yards away (?!) from when he was initially within touching distance. There is another awfully damming angle if you would like me to post it.

But again, he’s a right back and this isn’t natural to him.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:49]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 391 viewsChief

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:42 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

So those 3 and (MGW, Morris and Cullen) have been unavailable for months.

Gyorkeres was awful. As he is still demonstrating. When he was here we were on a great run and he was not good enough to feature.

Struggling to see your point here.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:05 - Apr 21 with 357 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:46 - Apr 21 by Chief

So those 3 and (MGW, Morris and Cullen) have been unavailable for months.

Gyorkeres was awful. As he is still demonstrating. When he was here we were on a great run and he was not good enough to feature.

Struggling to see your point here.

Smith Fulton Grimes and Routledge cannot score goals and are played regualrly. On average they will score in 1 game in 20 each.

Arreola, Palmer were goal scoring midfielders who were chased away by being ignored. The toothless nature of Swansea team is entirely down to Copper s selection policy. Palmer and Areola historically hit the net 1 in 7 games, They are 3 times more lie to score than the four selected.

Potter got a song from a modest talent like Courtney Baker Richardson. Goykeres is a young centre forward. Routlegde is a 36 year old winger. Goykeres is a strong target man and hold up player.

Swansea problems now clearly relate to bad decisions in January. The team is stale and toothless. Palmer (did not play) was replaced by Areola (did not play) and Goykeres (did not play) was replaced by Whittaker (did not play).
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:06]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:15 - Apr 21 with 346 viewsThornburyswan

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:41 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

To be fair if we had put those chances away I think we would have gone onto win comfortably. QPR were actually alot weaker than I thought they would be, the right back for example looked like he had won a competition to play in the match.

The insistence to play Roberts in a winger role is mind boggling, I understand why he did it the once, but it was clear within the first half hour of Wycombe game it wasn't working, he had no idea what he was doing. To not change it half time was bad enough but to persist with it the game after is unforgivable.

Agree if we had taken those chances we may well have gone on to win the game but he is not addressing the quality of our play - clearly a decent striker would help but if he thinks that’s the issue he is sadly mistaken it’s a much broader quality, passing, comfort on the ball, leadership, decision making, pace to name but a few!
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:18 - Apr 21 with 346 viewsChief

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:05 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Smith Fulton Grimes and Routledge cannot score goals and are played regualrly. On average they will score in 1 game in 20 each.

Arreola, Palmer were goal scoring midfielders who were chased away by being ignored. The toothless nature of Swansea team is entirely down to Copper s selection policy. Palmer and Areola historically hit the net 1 in 7 games, They are 3 times more lie to score than the four selected.

Potter got a song from a modest talent like Courtney Baker Richardson. Goykeres is a young centre forward. Routlegde is a 36 year old winger. Goykeres is a strong target man and hold up player.

Swansea problems now clearly relate to bad decisions in January. The team is stale and toothless. Palmer (did not play) was replaced by Areola (did not play) and Goykeres (did not play) was replaced by Whittaker (did not play).
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:06]

First paragraph agreed - that has been the case all season and was also the case when we went through our best spell of the season when those 3 midfielders were the first choice 3.

Those players were here during our most productive patch anyway. So can't see how or why they should have needed to play more. Also a narrative twisting here, Palmer was recalled after a change of management at Bristol City (which was even suggested as soon as he signed) and Arriola injured.

If we'd played them more we probably wouldn't have amassed the points we did as we were on a superb run.

Cbr scored how many goals!?

Gyorkeres is also very poor.

However i don't deny a player in his position should have been brought in to replace him.

Arriola was only 'fit' (not neccessarily match fit - he arrived in close season) and available for 7 games while he was here. Of those 7 we lost against Huddersfield and Bristol City, winning 5. That doesn't sound stale to me. And he wouldn't have and didn't make any difference to those losses. You're love of all things American is masking the facts.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:42 - Apr 21 with 328 viewsswan65split

Cant be bothered too watch the interviews now, its bad enough reading the content.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024