Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2591 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 21st Apr 2021 09:11
A sombre Steve Cooper greeted the press after yet another loss at home to a side who had nothing really to achieve apart from pride. Maybe that’s the word that is missing, maybe the players who wore a white shirt against QPR have lost their pride or respect for who and what they are ? Steve Cooper must now realise there is now a majority who would like him to move on from the club, we disagree here, but this is your website and it’s pretty overwhelming overall. 0

Click above 👍
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:46 - Apr 21 with 402 views34dfgdf54

Just watched the goal back now, I'm with 9MH with this one 100% there is no way Bennett should be rushing out like that. I didn't notice it at the time to be honest and it's the first time I've watched it back but he leaves a huge space for a relatively simple pass.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 370 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 12:46 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Just watched the goal back now, I'm with 9MH with this one 100% there is no way Bennett should be rushing out like that. I didn't notice it at the time to be honest and it's the first time I've watched it back but he leaves a huge space for a relatively simple pass.

Yeah he’s definitely going to move forward every single time the player runs beyond the defensive mid, he will do it again should it happen in the next match too.

But Naughton was the one with the responsibility of sticking with Dykes. Without question. He was ball watching. Look at where he is looking, that’s non existent CB positional awareness.

From this...

To this...

No defending it, other than to state it’s not his natural position.

Whether someone thinks Bennett shouldn’t have moved up is largely irrelevant, that player should be covered every single time by the defender tight on him. He was allowed to run into the space without Naughton even noticing, madness. He was completely unaware where he was.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:31]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 354 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:18 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah he’s definitely going to move forward every single time the player runs beyond the defensive mid, he will do it again should it happen in the next match too.

But Naughton was the one with the responsibility of sticking with Dykes. Without question. He was ball watching. Look at where he is looking, that’s non existent CB positional awareness.

From this...

To this...

Whether someone thinks Bennett shouldn’t have moved up is largely irrelevant, that player should be covered every single time by the defender tight on him. He was allowed to run into the space without Naughton even noticing, madness. He was completely unaware where he was.

Adamoah was running on the outside of Bidwell, he hadn't beat him and if he had Naughton was ready to cover hence his positioning. Bennett came running out from his defensive line and completely sold himself.

In a situation where everything worked well for us the following would have happened:

1) Bidwell makes tackle.

2) Bidwell beaten, Naughton in possession to dispossess/block as Adamoah is running directly into the zone he is defending

3) if the player passes the ball to the striker making the movement in behind, Bennett there for an easy interception. To be honest, if he didn't rush up the striker would probably not have made the run in first place. It opened up the space for him to run into.

There is zero need for Bennett to engage there none at all, it sold Naughton and the rest of the defence up the river.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:43]
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 348 viewsonehunglow

What about Woody and his attempt to “save”.
Another pass poor show.

The most insipid. Goalkeeper we have ever had

In a word,horrendous .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:51 - Apr 21 with 342 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:18 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

From this...

To this...

That last picture is an absolute slam dunk it was Bennetts fault, have a look at his reaction after it went in. He knew.

Football people know.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:52 - Apr 21 with 338 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:40 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Adamoah was running on the outside of Bidwell, he hadn't beat him and if he had Naughton was ready to cover hence his positioning. Bennett came running out from his defensive line and completely sold himself.

In a situation where everything worked well for us the following would have happened:

1) Bidwell makes tackle.

2) Bidwell beaten, Naughton in possession to dispossess/block as Adamoah is running directly into the zone he is defending

3) if the player passes the ball to the striker making the movement in behind, Bennett there for an easy interception. To be honest, if he didn't rush up the striker would probably not have made the run in first place. It opened up the space for him to run into.

There is zero need for Bennett to engage there none at all, it sold Naughton and the rest of the defence up the river.

100% but that shouldn't need explaining.

It's schoolboy stuff
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 336 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:56 - Apr 21 with 332 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:40 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

1) Bidwell makes tackle.

He definitely went past him. In the second picture that was him scrambling trying to get his foot in afterwards.

Bennett was then faced with two options. Back off and jockey him inviting him into the box (something you are taught not to do) or try and intercept the oncoming man. He chose the second, correctly in my opinion - but happy for you to disagree.

However, Naughton was tight on Dykes as that play was developing and allowed him to drift across him, absolutely no idea where he was. If he had stuck with his man (there was no other QPR player on the outside of him to cover) then it wouldn’t matter what Bennett did.

Instead he stood there ball watching. Until Dykes received the pass in the complete open 10 yards away from where he and Naughton were within touching distance of each other.

You can blame Bennett and Naughton if you like, but what is clear is that Naughton’s positional play and sense for danger was non existent.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:57 - Apr 21 with 331 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:52 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

100% but that shouldn't need explaining.

It's schoolboy stuff

Schoolboy stuff is absolutely apt.

Agreed. Not for the reasons you appear to think though.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:58 - Apr 21 with 328 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have said from the start about Cooper that his reputation is based on steering the best of English youth footballers through a championship to win it.
They were already the best in the country for their age, trained and fostered by their own clubs, most of which were top PL clubs.
There is no arguing with his contact base, but for me that and his defensive coach is all he has brought to the club.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 325 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:51 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

That last picture is an absolute slam dunk it was Bennetts fault, have a look at his reaction after it went in. He knew.

Football people know.

That last picture is a slam dunk yes, but again not for the reasons you think.

It shows our CB who was marking their danger pass, leave him run in behind for absolutely no reason whatsoever, to continue marking the grass he was standing by maybe?

You are getting confused by your incorrect understanding of Bennett’s requirement. Which is understandable. I’m happy for you to blame Bennett for moving up if it truly makes you feel better about it.

But we are talking about Naughton leaving the man he was with, in order to ball watch and mark absolutely nowhere.

I’m afraid you are going to be wasting an awful lot of your time arguing this one. I won’t be budging, just to warn you in advance.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:02 - Apr 21 with 324 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:56 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

He definitely went past him. In the second picture that was him scrambling trying to get his foot in afterwards.

Bennett was then faced with two options. Back off and jockey him inviting him into the box (something you are taught not to do) or try and intercept the oncoming man. He chose the second, correctly in my opinion - but happy for you to disagree.

However, Naughton was tight on Dykes as that play was developing and allowed him to drift across him, absolutely no idea where he was. If he had stuck with his man (there was no other QPR player on the outside of him to cover) then it wouldn’t matter what Bennett did.

Instead he stood there ball watching. Until Dykes received the pass in the complete open 10 yards away from where he and Naughton were within touching distance of each other.

You can blame Bennett and Naughton if you like, but what is clear is that Naughton’s positional play and sense for danger was non existent.

Naughton picked for his experience ,apparently too.

We re a team of cowards

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 324 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 13:56 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Bidwell is goal side FFS.

This clown ain't got a clue about the game. He didn't even watch it. He thought Bidwell was Grimes earlier.

Anyone with half a normal brain and not Rainman please tell me what options Adomah had at the very split second he passed the ball?
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:05 - Apr 21 with 322 views9MilesHigh

"You can blame Bennett and Naughton if you like

^ That's about as close as you'll ever get to Rainman admitting he was wrong.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:07 - Apr 21 with 321 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:00 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That last picture is a slam dunk yes, but again not for the reasons you think.

It shows our CB who was marking their danger pass, leave him run in behind for absolutely no reason whatsoever, to continue marking the grass he was standing by maybe?

You are getting confused by your incorrect understanding of Bennett’s requirement. Which is understandable. I’m happy for you to blame Bennett for moving up if it truly makes you feel better about it.

But we are talking about Naughton leaving the man he was with, in order to ball watch and mark absolutely nowhere.

I’m afraid you are going to be wasting an awful lot of your time arguing this one. I won’t be budging, just to warn you in advance.

He was left to guard the space where Adomah could have run onto.

They know what their jobs are, they don't need a Welsh runaway in Oz to explain to them.

Bennett knew.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:08 - Apr 21 with 319 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:04 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

Bidwell is goal side FFS.

This clown ain't got a clue about the game. He didn't even watch it. He thought Bidwell was Grimes earlier.

Anyone with half a normal brain and not Rainman please tell me what options Adomah had at the very split second he passed the ball?

I suppose you could call that as "he got passed him" if he was playing the other way...

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:10 - Apr 21 with 316 views9MilesHigh

One thing is categoric....

If Bennett stays in line and lets Bidwell marshall Adomah there's no goal.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:12 - Apr 21 with 313 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:08 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

I suppose you could call that as "he got passed him" if he was playing the other way...

Go back a frame squire.

From this...

To this....

Which is when Bennett first made his move forward.

As you can see Naughton still tight to his defender... then left him.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 311 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:10 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

One thing is categoric....

If Bennett stays in line and lets Bidwell marshall Adomah there's no goal.

...Or if Naughton had stayed with his man instead of standing there doing nothing at all?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:16 - Apr 21 with 307 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:05 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

"You can blame Bennett and Naughton if you like

^ That's about as close as you'll ever get to Rainman admitting he was wrong.

No that’s rainman explaining to you in a way that you understand, that I am discussing Naughtons lack of positional awareness in the position.

If you think Bennett’s move caused Naughtons player to run into the space.... great. But that doesn’t excuse Naughton for leaving him go, utterly unaware of where he even was in order to stand there and watch the ball - which is the point I’m making.

Ergo, your deflection has zero impact on my point.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:18]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:19 - Apr 21 with 303 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:13 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

...Or if Naughton had stayed with his man instead of standing there doing nothing at all?

I’ve lost count of the times Naughton has cost us. An incredibly overrated player ,almost as much as routledge,Gower ,De Fries .all super loved and well gone ,forgotten in the mists of time .

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:19 - Apr 21 with 305 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:12 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Go back a frame squire.

From this...

To this....

Which is when Bennett first made his move forward.

As you can see Naughton still tight to his defender... then left him.

Bennett is still in line there.

He could inch forward to potentially cover the danger if Bidwell wasn't there, but Bidwell is shadowing him the whole while. Enough to not commit and give him the easiest out of all options.

This is as kind a frame as there is to support your "argument"

But even here, Bennett needs to stop and defend his space. He didn't.

Bennett knew.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:21 - Apr 21 with 303 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:13 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

No, because without Bennetts mad rush of blood to the head there wouldn't have been a pass for Dykes to run into. Bennett threw Naughton under the bus.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 302 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:19 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

I’ve lost count of the times Naughton has cost us. An incredibly overrated player ,almost as much as routledge,Gower ,De Fries .all super loved and well gone ,forgotten in the mists of time .

This is as close an endorsement this site can get to proving Bennett was to blame.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 298 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:19 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

Bennett is still in line there.

He could inch forward to potentially cover the danger if Bidwell wasn't there, but Bidwell is shadowing him the whole while. Enough to not commit and give him the easiest out of all options.

This is as kind a frame as there is to support your "argument"

But even here, Bennett needs to stop and defend his space. He didn't.

Bennett knew.

Doesn’t matter if he is still in line, he’s making his move forward, it’s clear that Bidwell getting beaten for pace was the catalyst for him stepping up. Adomah then slowed (which caused you to get your goal side picture) in order for the striker to complete his run that Naughton had left him to do, and played an easy ball.

You aren’t gaining an inch in this one I’m afraid.

There is absolutely no reasoning for Naughton not to follow the man he was marking, whether you think his run was caused by something else, is completely irrelevant.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024