Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2603 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 21st Apr 2021 09:11
A sombre Steve Cooper greeted the press after yet another loss at home to a side who had nothing really to achieve apart from pride. Maybe that’s the word that is missing, maybe the players who wore a white shirt against QPR have lost their pride or respect for who and what they are ? Steve Cooper must now realise there is now a majority who would like him to move on from the club, we disagree here, but this is your website and it’s pretty overwhelming overall. 0

Click above 👍
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 548 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:22 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn’t matter if he is still in line, he’s making his move forward, it’s clear that Bidwell getting beaten for pace was the catalyst for him stepping up. Adomah then slowed (which caused you to get your goal side picture) in order for the striker to complete his run that Naughton had left him to do, and played an easy ball.

You aren’t gaining an inch in this one I’m afraid.

There is absolutely no reasoning for Naughton not to follow the man he was marking, whether you think his run was caused by something else, is completely irrelevant.

I don't need to get an inch with you. It's clear you don't grasp things.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:25 - Apr 21 with 543 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:22 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

This is as close an endorsement this site can get to proving Bennett was to blame.

Whether you blame Bennett for the goal has zero impact on anything.

We are discussing Naughtons lack of positional play and his ball watching. That doesn’t automatically not happen anymore just because you blame someone else.

It’s the equivalent of saying Peter Enckleman didn’t make a mistake for the goal that went under his foot because you don’t believe he should have been thrown the ball. Right, you can believe that if you like but he still let the ball roll under his foot.

Hence “you can blame them both if you really want to”.

It’s not difficult.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:26 - Apr 21 with 541 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:24 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

I don't need to get an inch with you. It's clear you don't grasp things.

Then stay well behind me, up to you.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:47 - Apr 21 with 529 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:22 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn’t matter if he is still in line, he’s making his move forward, it’s clear that Bidwell getting beaten for pace was the catalyst for him stepping up. Adomah then slowed (which caused you to get your goal side picture) in order for the striker to complete his run that Naughton had left him to do, and played an easy ball.

You aren’t gaining an inch in this one I’m afraid.

There is absolutely no reasoning for Naughton not to follow the man he was marking, whether you think his run was caused by something else, is completely irrelevant.

"There is absolutely no reason for Naughton not to follow the man he was marking"

That's what he said....

So answers on a postcard. In this frame here when Adomah had whatever options he may have had going through his mind, what if Naughton had followed his man and left all that space in where he was?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:50 - Apr 21 with 525 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:47 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

"There is absolutely no reason for Naughton not to follow the man he was marking"

That's what he said....

So answers on a postcard. In this frame here when Adomah had whatever options he may have had going through his mind, what if Naughton had followed his man and left all that space in where he was?

You mean the space immediately to Bennett’s right? That looks like one of the most unthreatening attacks you could think of.

What’s more chance of a goal, answers on the same postcard to save the trees...

1) Adomah beating 3 men and finishing on an angle

2) exactly what happened, Adomah feeding it to a completely wide open striker that Naughton let go...

I love the fact you are literally claiming Naughtons responsibility was to douse the danger of Adomah... and not the man he was marking.

At least make this challenging if you insist on boring us with your incessant nonsense.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:53]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:22 - Apr 21 with 514 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:50 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

You mean the space immediately to Bennett’s right? That looks like one of the most unthreatening attacks you could think of.

2) exactly what happened, Adomah feeding it to a completely wide open striker that Naughton let go...

I love the fact you are literally claiming Naughtons responsibility was to douse the danger of Adomah... and not the man he was marking.

At least make this challenging if you insist on boring us with your incessant nonsense.

The huge chasm that would have opened up for Adomah had Naughton followed his man

And I like the way you are now claiming it was 3 men because up until now you had told us all that Bidwell was cooked.

I am afraid your Naughton agenda has clouded an already densely foggy mind.

You've had a bit of a mare today and it's been fun tying you up in knots. From Heatmaps to How to Defend.

Lesson over - here's Bennett to say sorry...
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:32 - Apr 21 with 506 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:22 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

The huge chasm that would have opened up for Adomah had Naughton followed his man

And I like the way you are now claiming it was 3 men because up until now you had told us all that Bidwell was cooked.

I am afraid your Naughton agenda has clouded an already densely foggy mind.

You've had a bit of a mare today and it's been fun tying you up in knots. From Heatmaps to How to Defend.

Lesson over - here's Bennett to say sorry...

I’m afraid that huge chasm is just in your imagination. Bennett closed that down, the only gaping chasm was the area Naughton allowed the striker to drift into completely unopposed.... who ya know... scored.

Bidwell was not cooked. He had been beaten with the ball which made Bennett make the decision to cut Adomah off from progressing, he then slowed to allow Dykes to make a run and was amazed to see he wasnt being followed so he made the pass. He couldnt believe his luck and slotted it in.

You were flailing anyway, let’s be fair here. But suggesting there was less chance of a goal if Naughton left the player as he did - that resulted in the easiest of all goals rather than actually marking the man, as he was meant to, is quite incredible. Even for you.

The only agenda here is your anti Cooper and anti Dr P agenda, I’m not sure which one is stronger at the moment; but both make you say very silly things to maintain these obsessions. But I’m sure we both take it as a deep compliment that we have become your raison d’etre.

I’m glad I’m here to be able to point them out.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:48 - Apr 21 with 493 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:32 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m afraid that huge chasm is just in your imagination. Bennett closed that down, the only gaping chasm was the area Naughton allowed the striker to drift into completely unopposed.... who ya know... scored.

Bidwell was not cooked. He had been beaten with the ball which made Bennett make the decision to cut Adomah off from progressing, he then slowed to allow Dykes to make a run and was amazed to see he wasnt being followed so he made the pass. He couldnt believe his luck and slotted it in.

You were flailing anyway, let’s be fair here. But suggesting there was less chance of a goal if Naughton left the player as he did - that resulted in the easiest of all goals rather than actually marking the man, as he was meant to, is quite incredible. Even for you.

The only agenda here is your anti Cooper and anti Dr P agenda, I’m not sure which one is stronger at the moment; but both make you say very silly things to maintain these obsessions. But I’m sure we both take it as a deep compliment that we have become your raison d’etre.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 491 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:48 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

Indeed, Naughton had an absolute mare didn’t he.

Suppose he is a right back though..
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:02]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 478 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:54 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, Naughton had an absolute mare didn’t he.

Suppose he is a right back though..
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:02]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 17:09 - Apr 21 with 452 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 15:32 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Im anti Cooper but not Dr P. I will attack your views but not you as an individual,which sets me apart from Chrissy who cannot seperate the text from the person.He always gets personal. Ive aked if you are related? Well,are you? He seems to know much about you .

Neither of you are experts.If you were,you should be in the game itself.That said,I reckon an average 11 yr old could have worked the team better than Cooper who is truly an embarrassment in every way possible. He looks exactly how we play.

You are both wrong and partly right but neither of you will admit it.

Still,you bring passion to this site but keep it tidy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 18:56 - Apr 21 with 430 viewsKeithHaynes

Maybe he couldn’t work this out, playing a 36 year old out of position.
>
Routledge was caught offside on three occasions which highlighted his lack of attacking positioning, whilst the fact that he managed to lose possession on nine occasions, despite being involved so little, will surely frustrate Cooper.

To compound a miserable display, Routledge would win just 4/11 of his duels during the game and failed to hit the target with any of his shots, so you could definitely argue that he let Cooper down when the manager was relying on his experience to help see his side through what was a must-win game for the Swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 19:59 - Apr 21 with 407 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 18:56 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Maybe he couldn’t work this out, playing a 36 year old out of position.
>
Routledge was caught offside on three occasions which highlighted his lack of attacking positioning, whilst the fact that he managed to lose possession on nine occasions, despite being involved so little, will surely frustrate Cooper.

To compound a miserable display, Routledge would win just 4/11 of his duels during the game and failed to hit the target with any of his shots, so you could definitely argue that he let Cooper down when the manager was relying on his experience to help see his side through what was a must-win game for the Swans.

I actually feel for Routledge. Almost.

He's been a great pro and he cant do what he used to,although many times he was absolutely average.

Cooper is doing him no favours

Wayne should be preparing for a life outside playing

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:02 - Apr 21 with 410 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:50 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Unthreatening? 10 yards of space directly in front of goal? Naughton is stood in the "D" so if Adomah had gotten there, there wouldn't be much angle at all.

Saying that, somebody had to pick up Naughtons man so where was the communication?

What both of you prove is that our defence is not functioning properly and that's why we are leaking so mnay easy goals.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:32 - Apr 21 with 400 views34dfgdf54

But that's the issue, it wasn't Bennet's to close down. He was running directly into the zone Naughton was defending. Naughton can't be dragged across the 18 yard box by a run and leave Adamoah get a shot in at edge of box.

If he got the run on Bidwell, Naughton was rightly going to engage, Bennett then step across.

Bennett made a pass which shouldn't have even been an option, an easy one. He knows he made the mistake, he doesn't make those mistakes often in fairness to the boy.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:37 - Apr 21 with 391 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:32 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

But that's the issue, it wasn't Bennet's to close down. He was running directly into the zone Naughton was defending. Naughton can't be dragged across the 18 yard box by a run and leave Adamoah get a shot in at edge of box.

If he got the run on Bidwell, Naughton was rightly going to engage, Bennett then step across.

Bennett made a pass which shouldn't have even been an option, an easy one. He knows he made the mistake, he doesn't make those mistakes often in fairness to the boy.

Bennett should be captain.Quite how Grimes is beats me .

He is silent,cannot motivate or change a game. He can slow our game down to a standstill though.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:46 - Apr 21 with 388 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 16:20 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

What’s your point? We just conceded a 90th minute goal ya mentalist.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:49 - Apr 21 with 386 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:32 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Who was running into who’s zone?

Naughtons job was to mark his man and to cover any danger if a defender went out to meet Adomah. He did neither.

As I said to your mate. You can blame Bennett for moving if you want... but it’s quite clearly a case of blaming Bennett and Naughton then.

No movement by Bennett allows Naughton to leave his man go. None.

He made a pass that shouldn’t have been an option, I agree. Mainly because he was marked, yet Naughton allowed him to stroll in behind unopposed.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 380 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:02 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Unthreatening? 10 yards of space directly in front of goal? Naughton is stood in the "D" so if Adomah had gotten there, there wouldn't be much angle at all.

Saying that, somebody had to pick up Naughtons man so where was the communication?

What both of you prove is that our defence is not functioning properly and that's why we are leaking so mnay easy goals.

Don't be so soft, this is exactly my point regarding people having no idea what they are seeing.

10 yards of space directly in front yard of goal? I know you are part of the group that likes to oppose everything I say, but have some pride.

This is the scenario with those two players taken out of the picture, as seen from another angle. It’s quite clearly not leaving 10 yards of space in front of goal. Bennett is there to cut him, off - the very point he moved to meet him after he beat Bidwell.

If you are a keeper in this situation, you are not too concerned:-

Now if you want to talk about leaving 10 yards of space directly in front of goal, I show you exhibit B, which sadly is exactly what happened as a result of Naughton not tracking his man in favor of well... nothing at all:-

More space than Buzz Aldrin.

I think even old Buzz Lightyear would clearly see which picture/scenario is more dangerous of the two.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:35]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:39 - Apr 22 with 310 viewsonehunglow

You're all wrong.

The players are coached by Cooper
Cooper selects the team to play

Naughton is a coward as has been proven countless times.
Woodman is no goalkeeper

All out player are shot to pieces.

Yu are all arguing amongst yourselves and utterly miss the point.

We need to unite

It's typical Welsh innit,to squabble like this.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:06 - Apr 22 with 305 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 20:46 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

What’s your point? We just conceded a 90th minute goal ya mentalist.

These guys just conceded a 90th min goal

This guy made the mistake

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:22 - Apr 22 with 299 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:06 - Apr 22 by 9MilesHigh

These guys just conceded a 90th min goal

This guy made the mistake

Incorrect.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 268 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:22 - Apr 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Incorrect.

He can't be incorrect ,mun

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024