Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86382 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 14:16 - Feb 26 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 11:17 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, i have.

It is clear that decisions made in London never put the impact on Wales as an important consideration.
Put simply - they dont care about Wales.

Read up about HS2.
Read up about the pandemic funding.
Read up about rail electrification.
Read up about the proposed Swansea tidal lagoon.
Read up about the non-replacement of EU funds to Wales.
Read up about funding going to Tory marginal seats.
Read up on pandemic related corruption and partygate.
Read up on 150,000 covid deaths in UK.

Welsh people making decisions about wales, in wales. That might just offer some hope.

Welsh people have never voted Tory.
Wales is not England.

I think you have mistaken the Blue comment to mean Tory, in fact it was a response to the Blue BBC coronavirus map in the post that I replied too. But don't let the facts get in the way of your nonsensical rants. If you just opened your mind a little and removed the political bias you would understand more what is happening in the real world.
Mr Drakeford on 16:12 - Feb 26 with 1025 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 11:36 - Feb 26 by raynor94

Yet there are 16 Tory members, more than Plaid and Libs together.

How do you work that out then?

Wales has never voted Tory. Fact.

Suck it up buttercup.

Beware of the Risen People

Mr Drakeford on 17:04 - Feb 26 with 1007 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 16:12 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Wales has never voted Tory. Fact.

Suck it up buttercup.

Well. that's not answering the question, because lot's of Welsh people quite obviously vote Conservative

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mr Drakeford on 20:10 - Feb 26 with 979 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 11:17 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, i have.

It is clear that decisions made in London never put the impact on Wales as an important consideration.
Put simply - they dont care about Wales.

Read up about HS2.
Read up about the pandemic funding.
Read up about rail electrification.
Read up about the proposed Swansea tidal lagoon.
Read up about the non-replacement of EU funds to Wales.
Read up about funding going to Tory marginal seats.
Read up on pandemic related corruption and partygate.
Read up on 150,000 covid deaths in UK.

Welsh people making decisions about wales, in wales. That might just offer some hope.

Welsh people have never voted Tory.
Wales is not England.

Strange Westminster offered to fund the whole of the cost of the vital infrastructure improvement on the M4 . Drakeford of course refused it but was happy to take UK taxpayers money paid to the EU, which the EU returned to partially fund the heads of the valleys road.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 08:39 - Feb 27 with 942 viewsWhiterockin

How long before all the M4 in Wales will be 50mph.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60525089
Mr Drakeford on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 926 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 08:39 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

Won't be long. They're gagging to do it.

The whole concept of speed limits in general need to be looked at. For example, the new 40mph limit on the 4067 between Ynysforgan and Pontardawe makes absolutely no sense on a clear day. If it's dark or pissing with rain fair enough, but otherwise it could have been left as it was.

Other than those in residential areas, limits should vary depending upon the conditions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 09:00 - Feb 27 with 918 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 08:39 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

For the first time in a long time I went up the M4 yesterday, had to go to Cardiff. The new bridge has a 50 limit with average speed cameras and it goes all the way through Port Talbot. The road was fairly busy but was moving ok, no problems. All along the side of the road are signs saying it's to help keep the air cleaner.

Here is the issue though, haven't the car companies nearly always said their engines are most efficient at 56mph?
In which case, isn't a speed limit of 56 a better idea?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Feb 27 with 917 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 09:00 - Feb 27 by Catullus

For the first time in a long time I went up the M4 yesterday, had to go to Cardiff. The new bridge has a 50 limit with average speed cameras and it goes all the way through Port Talbot. The road was fairly busy but was moving ok, no problems. All along the side of the road are signs saying it's to help keep the air cleaner.

Here is the issue though, haven't the car companies nearly always said their engines are most efficient at 56mph?

That article states that 60mph is the ideal. Naturally our glorious leaders want to go slower than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 09:17 - Feb 27 with 900 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:00 - Feb 27 by Catullus

Plus the A48 running alongside, closer to where people are living is sill 70mph as its a dual carriageway. Pure nonsense.
Mr Drakeford on 09:20 - Feb 27 with 881 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Feb 27 by Dr_Winston

That article states that 60mph is the ideal. Naturally our glorious leaders want to go slower than that.

England has introduced a 60mph limit on the M1 by Meadowhall to reduce pollution, who is following the science and who dislikes cars full stop.
Mr Drakeford on 09:29 - Feb 27 with 867 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 09:20 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

England has introduced a 60mph limit on the M1 by Meadowhall to reduce pollution, who is following the science and who dislikes cars full stop.

I had to visit my sister yesterday, she lives in Whithurch. All the roads around her area are apparently going to have 20mph speed limits. At busy times cars are rarely going that fast. Even Manor Road can be at a standstill. So why? She has no school near her, the shops arent really close either. The new Velindre hospital will be closer but not on her road. It makes no sense because cars going 20 mph in a built up area when the road is designed for higher speeds and at 20 cars chuck out loads of pollution, it seems silly.

Or can a car engineer (didn't we have one on here?) put me straight on this?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Mr Drakeford on 09:34 - Feb 27 with 854 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:29 - Feb 27 by Catullus

I had to visit my sister yesterday, she lives in Whithurch. All the roads around her area are apparently going to have 20mph speed limits. At busy times cars are rarely going that fast. Even Manor Road can be at a standstill. So why? She has no school near her, the shops arent really close either. The new Velindre hospital will be closer but not on her road. It makes no sense because cars going 20 mph in a built up area when the road is designed for higher speeds and at 20 cars chuck out loads of pollution, it seems silly.

Or can a car engineer (didn't we have one on here?) put me straight on this?

Whitchurch is a couple of miles into England if my memory serves me right so it could be English rules. I do know that the Senedd are going to introduce 20mph limits in ALL Welsh built up areas. Plus any parking on the kerb (even only one wheel) will be illegal and liable for a fine. Its going to be difficult outside some homes with more than one car.

Edit with links

https://gov.wales/introducing-20mph-speed-limits#:~:text=The%20first%20phase%20o

https://gov.wales/welsh-government-response-recommendations-made-pavement-parkin

https://www.wales247.co.uk/20mph-speed-limit-proposed-on-restricted-roads-across
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 9:40]
Mr Drakeford on 09:45 - Feb 27 with 835 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 09:34 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

Whitchurch is a couple of miles into England if my memory serves me right so it could be English rules. I do know that the Senedd are going to introduce 20mph limits in ALL Welsh built up areas. Plus any parking on the kerb (even only one wheel) will be illegal and liable for a fine. Its going to be difficult outside some homes with more than one car.

Edit with links

https://gov.wales/introducing-20mph-speed-limits#:~:text=The%20first%20phase%20o

https://gov.wales/welsh-government-response-recommendations-made-pavement-parkin

https://www.wales247.co.uk/20mph-speed-limit-proposed-on-restricted-roads-across
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 9:40]

Whitchurch a couple of miles into England, jeez Cardiff has changed

Those parking rules, they will cause chaos around here. We have limited space and plenty of homes with more than one car. Our next door neighbours have 2 grown up kids still at home and 3 cars.

Mr Drakeford on 09:54 - Feb 27 with 822 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 20:10 - Feb 26 by felixstowe_jack

Strange Westminster offered to fund the whole of the cost of the vital infrastructure improvement on the M4 . Drakeford of course refused it but was happy to take UK taxpayers money paid to the EU, which the EU returned to partially fund the heads of the valleys road.

Yes strange they offered to help Wales, full stop.

Some people might think they could have given the money to welsh government as transport is devolved.

Other than that, Johnsons real interest might be seen as populist game playing to undermine devolution rather than work with it.

Open your eyes.

Beware of the Risen People

Mr Drakeford on 09:55 - Feb 27 with 817 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:45 - Feb 27 by Catullus

Whitchurch a couple of miles into England, jeez Cardiff has changed

Those parking rules, they will cause chaos around here. We have limited space and plenty of homes with more than one car. Our next door neighbours have 2 grown up kids still at home and 3 cars.

Sorry mate I thought you meant the town/village Whitchurch on the border.
Mr Drakeford on 11:42 - Feb 27 with 762 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 09:55 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

Sorry mate I thought you meant the town/village Whitchurch on the border.

Yep, but also sorry, I couldn't help take the pee!

Mr Drakeford on 11:51 - Feb 27 with 754 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 11:42 - Feb 27 by Catullus

Yep, but also sorry, I couldn't help take the pee!

Would never take offence from you as you are a genuine poster without an ounce of malice.
Mr Drakeford on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 738 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Mr Drakeford on 09:54 - Feb 27 by Kilkennyjack

Some people might think they could have given the money to welsh government as transport is devolved.

Other than that, Johnsons real interest might be seen as populist game playing to undermine devolution rather than work with it.

Open your eyes.

A more efficient M4 would benefit England too. Cities like Birmingham, Bristol, Worcester, Gloucester etc. could more easily trade with Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, the valleys. It would even speed up their journey to the ferries to Ireland. Everyone’s a winner.

So offering this money isn’t totally altruistic and it’s not undermining devolution. It would benefit western England as much as Wales.
Mr Drakeford on 12:09 - Feb 27 with 722 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 12:02 - Feb 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

A more efficient M4 would benefit England too. Cities like Birmingham, Bristol, Worcester, Gloucester etc. could more easily trade with Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, the valleys. It would even speed up their journey to the ferries to Ireland. Everyone’s a winner.

So offering this money isn’t totally altruistic and it’s not undermining devolution. It would benefit western England as much as Wales.

You know they say the best thing ever to come out of England is the M4.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mr Drakeford on 13:34 - Feb 27 with 690 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 09:54 - Feb 27 by Kilkennyjack

Open your eyes.

A bit like the EU offering crumbs to Wales in an attempt to bribe the people of Wales to stay in the EU. The wise people of Wales realised it was money raised by the UK taxpayers in the first place.

Mr Drakeford on 10:01 - Mar 1 with 582 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Very interesting poll results from the Western mail on Wales.

More people think Drakeford should step down as he promised than think Johnson should resign.

Only 25% wanted independence against 63% who don't want independence

Only 22% think the senedd serves Wales well while 49% thinks it serves Wales not very well.

The coviod pandemic has not changed the Welsh view on independence 24% think I covoid has increased their suppory for independence while 24 think is has decreased their support for independence .

38% think more powers should be devolved 38% think less powers should be devolved.

29% think a tourist tax is a good idea 55% think it is a bad idea.

It seems the Welsh people are pretty ambivalent to 20 years of devolution under labour and Drakeford.

Mr Drakeford on 10:17 - Mar 1 with 578 viewstrampie

Immigration and English media have a lot to answer.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mr Drakeford on 10:38 - Mar 1 with 568 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 10:17 - Mar 1 by trampie

Immigration and English media have a lot to answer.

Agree all the Welsh people who have had to move to England to find work because of labour's anti business and anti infrastructure investment in Wales.

Mr Drakeford on 10:46 - Mar 1 with 560 viewsbuilthjack

Those variable speed limits on the m4 to London, in England. Been there years. Are they ever going to be removed?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 11:02 - Mar 1 with 549 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 10:46 - Mar 1 by builthjack

Those variable speed limits on the m4 to London, in England. Been there years. Are they ever going to be removed?

That is the point they are variable on the section around Bristol and towards the end of the M4 in London. When traffic is normal the Speed limit is back to 70mph. Unlike the Newport, port Talbot and Neath sections which are a maximum of 50 mph even when there is little or no traffic.

Don't forget the M4 in England has been widened to four lanes in the busy sections while Drakeford insist two lane through the Brynglas tunnels is all that is needed. He has also cancelled l new road scheme in Wales. He does not believe in that money should be invested in infrastructure.

The newly opened section of the heads of the valley road has a permanent 50mph limit even though the traffic is always light and you use to be able to do 60mph on the road it replaced
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 11:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024