Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Dylan 80 soon 14:10 - May 15 with 2626 viewsonehunglow

It' s more than non football. This guy has written a running commentary of mankind about love ,hate,desire,perfidy,birth,death and beyond.

Can we have a Dylan Day Guv.#

Can I be in charge?
[Post edited 15 May 2021 14:10]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 11:43 - May 25 with 594 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 10:49 - May 25 by Glossolalia

Absolutely loved Roussos on Aphrodite's Child's 666 album. There's something eerie and beguiling about his voice; such a distinctive, tight vibrato. His flits and slides are also so hard to replicate.

I'll find someone you don't like when I have the time

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 12:51 - May 25 with 574 viewsBoundy

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 09:00 - May 25 by Professor

I like Neil Young. Went to see him in Liverpool Arena a few years back with Crazy Horse. People were moaning. There were expecting ‘Harvest’ and got the full rock treatment. I though it was great myself. Not so keen on Dylan as a performer but respect his work and unsurpassed as a writer.

I'm a great admirer of Young , his back catalogue is outstanding in quality and volume imo . With the exception of one or two of Dylan's commercial output I can't say I am a fan

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 13:39 - May 25 with 561 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 12:51 - May 25 by Boundy

I'm a great admirer of Young , his back catalogue is outstanding in quality and volume imo . With the exception of one or two of Dylan's commercial output I can't say I am a fan

I wasn't a huge fan of Bowie,to be frank.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 13:55 - May 25 with 556 viewsGlossolalia

I prefer Bowie's later output, but feel I'm in a minority.

Some spicy chords on this one. I love the atmosphere.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:50 - May 25 with 523 viewsLohengrin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 07:21 - May 25 by Professor

Billy Bragg is the pound shop Guthrie. Dylan a great writer but shot as a performer by the mid 70s. Remember my mother buying ‘Live at Budokan’ . Don’t think it ever made it past side 1. That’s not to decry the change he drove and a folk and electric performer or great records like Highway 61 …

This all entirely subjective of course but on a Dylan thread here a few years ago I gave 1965 as his high water mark with the back-to-back releases of ‘Bring it all back home’ and ‘Highway 61 Revisited.’ I haven’t revised that opinion since, I still think those two were inspired and as good as he got.

Billy Bragg couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket but he’s an interesting speaker. I caught him at a Cornish book festival a while back on the subject of Orwell’s ‘The Lion and the Unicorn.’ I thoroughly enjoyed it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:06 - May 25 with 517 viewsKeithHaynes

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:50 - May 25 by Lohengrin

This all entirely subjective of course but on a Dylan thread here a few years ago I gave 1965 as his high water mark with the back-to-back releases of ‘Bring it all back home’ and ‘Highway 61 Revisited.’ I haven’t revised that opinion since, I still think those two were inspired and as good as he got.

Billy Bragg couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket but he’s an interesting speaker. I caught him at a Cornish book festival a while back on the subject of Orwell’s ‘The Lion and the Unicorn.’ I thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of Billy’s finer moments.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:31 - May 25 with 513 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:50 - May 25 by Lohengrin

I heard Bragg destroy "i aint got no home" once and fair nearly threw up on the spot.

Chaqu'un a son gout,innit.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 07:32 - May 26 with 459 viewsLohengrin

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 17:06 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

One of Billy’s finer moments.

His strumming there, Keith, it sounds to me like he’s trying to channel Eddie Cochran’s Something Else as an intro.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 08:29 - May 26 with 449 viewsonehunglow

With respect,my thread was about Bob and it seems to have morphed into billy bragg-for goodness sake.

Eddie was a sad premature loss but we are talking about a guy that has been pre -eminent for 60 years and there is nobody like him.

His songs can be the subject of a university degree.

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:27 - May 27 with 385 viewsYrAlarch

Going back to Dylan. In my opinion his best 'electric' album was 'Desire'.
Bob Dylan 80 soon on 18:17 - May 27 with 377 viewsonehunglow

Bob Dylan 80 soon on 16:27 - May 27 by YrAlarch

Going back to Dylan. In my opinion his best 'electric' album was 'Desire'.

and One more cup of coffee included in Tom Jones latest outstanding album.That said, many don't like Tom either.
Desire was indeed superb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024