Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Keir Starmer effect 09:38 - Jul 16 with 4542 viewsCatullus

Just what is it? I saw him on BBC this morning and there seemed to be 3 issues for ex Labour voters, trust, people have lost trust in Labour. Corbyn, 18 months on and the shadow of Jezza is still a toxic presence and last, what do Labour really stand for now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57848266

I'm not worried about Corbyn himself but his supporters who still infest the party, that's different. Starmer was dismayed he couldn't get out more to meet voters, the pandemic effect, none of us escaped it and Starmer says neither did he but Bojo was very visible, maybe too visible in fact...unless he was hiding in fridges!

Labour has changed a bit but now people don't know them. The same tired old faces are mostly gone from the front bench but these new faces, who are they, what do they really stand for and believe?
Labour, in my opinion, need a big media drive, they need to get their front benches out in front of the public at every opportunity so we can see them and judge them. Will we ever trust them unless we get to know them? I'd still like to see Thornberry ditched, I don't like Lammy but I quite like Nandy and Jess Smith. Angela Rayner was just too gobby and got what she deserved, I'm not sold on Jon Ashworth but the rest of them are largely unknown quantities, we need to know them, we need to be able to trust them.

I've saved the Shadow Weslh Secretary for last, Nia Griffith, why did she get the gig? To me she's one of the tired old faces that needed ditching. For me Labour need to find someone younger, more dynamic, someone the young people of Wales can relate to.

Drakeford tried to engage the youth, he gave them the vote but what happened? Senedd elections have never made 50%, have never matched Westminster elections,

https://research.senedd.wales/research-articles/election-2021-how-many-people-vo

This Welsh government actually only got 20% of the electorate to vote for it. We ned them to be better. Maybe in Westminster they think they can do away with the Senedd or just go around them because there is so little support for the Senedd at the ballot box. Maybe Bojo is sitting there saying less than half the electorate bother to vote so maybe most Welsh people don't really want it? Look at the Senedd, as guilty of being full of tired old faces as Westminster. maybe the problem there is, who chooses the candidates? Is there too much nepotism, too much cronyism in the selection processes? We need frsh faces who get out there and grab our attention, not nuggets like RT Davies or half soaked people who claim they dont even want the job, like Drakeford.

Will we ever get better if the people choosing the next candidates are the very people we need to be rid of?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Keir Starmer effect on 10:19 - Jul 16 with 2844 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I feel that the issue you raise about candidate selection is one that goes across all of politics. We have people put up for election who do not appear to have a CV that indicates that they could run huge organisations like the NHS or have the experience to understand how to grow the economy.
I think that part of Starmer's problem is that the Labour Party are split on policy with Corbyn's followers still having a big influence and Starmer is sitting on the fence. I can't think of a single Starmer policy at least Corbyn was transparent on policy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Keir Starmer effect on 10:33 - Jul 16 with 2838 viewsCatullus

The Keir Starmer effect on 10:19 - Jul 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

I feel that the issue you raise about candidate selection is one that goes across all of politics. We have people put up for election who do not appear to have a CV that indicates that they could run huge organisations like the NHS or have the experience to understand how to grow the economy.
I think that part of Starmer's problem is that the Labour Party are split on policy with Corbyn's followers still having a big influence and Starmer is sitting on the fence. I can't think of a single Starmer policy at least Corbyn was transparent on policy.

Exactly, we don't know him or his cabinet, we don't know what they're about. I agree with you on selection, it's all parties. It's time for change.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Keir Starmer effect on 13:13 - Jul 16 with 2797 viewsKGriz16

As someone who doesn't follow UK politics much, or doesn't read much into policy etc. Starmer comes across as a sh*t house.
The Keir Starmer effect on 08:11 - Jul 18 with 2670 viewsKilkennyjack

Magic Grampa has ruined the party with ego.
He did not care about winning power, it was student union politics.

Why is winning power so important ?
Because without power you cant help any of those who need your help.

So have to win.
Thats Kiers challenge, as johnson has wrapped himself in the butcher’s apron.
It’s unpatriotic to challenge Johnson the crises so Kier seems stuck and light weight.

The uk needs Kier far more than Kier needs the uk.
Johnson the worst PM ever.

Beware of the Risen People

The Keir Starmer effect on 17:42 - Jul 18 with 2595 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Keir Starmer effect on 08:11 - Jul 18 by Kilkennyjack

Magic Grampa has ruined the party with ego.
He did not care about winning power, it was student union politics.

Why is winning power so important ?
Because without power you cant help any of those who need your help.

So have to win.
Thats Kiers challenge, as johnson has wrapped himself in the butcher’s apron.
It’s unpatriotic to challenge Johnson the crises so Kier seems stuck and light weight.

The uk needs Kier far more than Kier needs the uk.
Johnson the worst PM ever.

Hardly I can name four worse in my lifetime sunny Jim , major , brown and may.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Keir Starmer effect on 19:19 - Jul 18 with 2567 viewsFlashberryjack

The Keir Starmer effect on 17:42 - Jul 18 by felixstowe_jack

Bring back Blair.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Keir Starmer effect on 21:02 - Jul 18 with 2540 viewsCatullus

If we're talking about bad PM's I'll wait til Bojo is ousted to judge him. If we're talking the man himself, I think he is the worst person to become PM though he might be closely run by Blair. Those two are out on their own. Blair was just clever enough not to be caught lying until much later on, Bojo gets caught pretty much every time, straight away.

The Keir Starmer effect on 21:03 - Jul 18 with 2532 viewsonehunglow

The Keir Starmer effect on 19:19 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

Bring back Blair.

and into the Box

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

The Keir Starmer effect on 21:12 - Jul 18 with 2537 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'd go for Blair, misleading the country into a war that cost an estimated 800,000 lives takes some beating.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/06/chilcot-tony-blair-was-not-stra

The Keir Starmer effect on 10:00 - Jul 19 with 2441 viewsKGriz16

Should we have a general election post-pandemic? I feel there's a huge need too.
The Keir Starmer effect on 15:35 - Jul 19 with 2399 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another day another Starmer moan.

Perhaps Starmer could do something useful. Start a campaign with Sadiq Khan to get people from London vaccinated. Currently only 75% of adults in London are vaccinated the worst figures for any areas in the UK. That is 2.2 million unvaccinated adults out of the total 6 million Uk unvaccinated adults .

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:26 - Jul 19 with 2381 viewsKilkennyjack

The Keir Starmer effect on 17:42 - Jul 18 by felixstowe_jack

You obviously misunderstood my point.

I said Johnson is the worst PM ever.
Thats just a fact.

Saying he is not is like trying to say that day does not follow night.
It does, its a fact.

Johnson is the UKs worst ever PM. Fact.

I would charge him with treason for Brexit.
I would charge with corporate manslaughter for Covid deatgs (130,000)
I would charge him with Gross Misconduct in Public office (for covid contract awards).

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:42 - Jul 19 with 2381 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:26 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Thats just a fact.

It does, its a fact.

I would charge him with Gross Misconduct in Public office (for covid contract awards).

No that is your opion not fact. Just as my four names are my opinion.

You can't charge him for treason over Brexit. The UK population voted to leave in a democratic referendum.

128,000 deaths in UK
England 113,000
Scotland 7,800 Nicola in charge
Wales 5,600 Drakeford in charge
Ni 2100 unionist and political wing of IRA in charge under good Friday agreement.

Johnson deserves great credit for the ordering, procurement and delivery of vaccines throughout the UK, the Crown dependencies, and overseas territories.
The most successful vaccine rollout of any major country.

The Keir Starmer effect on 21:08 - Jul 19 with 2330 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:26 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Thats just a fact.

It does, its a fact.

I refer you to my previous answer......Blair (800,000 lives lost on a lie)

The Keir Starmer effect on 22:48 - Jul 19 with 2291 viewsKilkennyjack

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:42 - Jul 19 by felixstowe_jack

You can't charge him for treason over Brexit. The UK population voted to leave in a democratic referendum.

128,000 deaths in UK
England 113,000
Ni 2100 unionist and political wing of IRA in charge under good Friday agreement.

Johnson deserves great credit for the ordering, procurement and delivery of vaccines throughout the UK, the Crown dependencies, and overseas territories.

It was an advisory referendum.

Had it not been advisory, then it would have been illegal.
Wiki says …..

‘The referendum was advisory and, as such, did not fall within the scope of legislation that might, in other circumstances, void an election by virtue of lawbreaking. Indeed, the court of appeal held that “an advisory referendum is a very different animal from a binding election". Though the case will not progress to full hearing, the arguments ventilated during it leave many questions hanging about the state of our democracy’.

Johnson deserves zero cedit.

The Keir Starmer effect on 08:38 - Jul 20 with 2247 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Keir Starmer effect on 22:48 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Wiki says …..

‘The referendum was advisory and, as such, did not fall within the scope of legislation that might, in other circumstances, void an election by virtue of lawbreaking. Indeed, the court of appeal held that “an advisory referendum is a very different animal from a binding election". Though the case will not progress to full hearing, the arguments ventilated during it leave many questions hanging about the state of our democracy’.

The then prime minister promised parliament would act on the result of the referendum. Despite the actions of may and EU loving bercow to block it in parliament Johnson won a landslide election overcoming Corbyn, who has always hated the EU, The will of the people in democracy will always win despite some EU loving MPs who want to continue to live under the rule of the unelected and undemocratic EU president and Commissionets.

The Keir Starmer effect on 09:25 - Jul 20 with 2239 viewsCatullus

The Keir Starmer effect on 16:42 - Jul 19 by felixstowe_jack

128,000 deaths in UK
England 113,000

If Kilky is talking treason, how about the PM's who signed more powers over to the EU without asking the British people for permission? Or how about the PM who promised us a referendum but wouldn't give us one because, in his own view, he wouldn't allow a referendum he felt he could lose. Yes, Blair thought we may vote to leave.

The Keir Starmer effect on 13:10 - Jul 20 with 2215 viewsSnackajack

"his supporters who still infest the party" - yes, those people in their own party that the Blairites and Tories have hijacked - how dare they?
The Keir Starmer effect on 13:42 - Jul 20 with 2197 viewsSlugster664

The Keir Starmer effect on 22:48 - Jul 19 by Kilkennyjack

Wiki says …..

Your dislike of Johnson has become not only boring but tiresome.

You talk of facts, yet mention not one.

You could have said, Blair has to be the worse PM in our lifetime, you didn't.
You could have said, Blair was responsible for many hundreds of thousands of deaths during the Iraq war, you didn't.
You could have said, Blair betrayed our Armed Forces over murdering IRA scum, but you didn't.
You could have said, Johnson was responsible for the hugely successful vaccination rollout in the UK during the Coronavirus pandemic, saving possibly millions of lives, but you didn't.

In fact, your facts were just your bigoted, trashy opinions...again

STID

The Keir Starmer effect on 14:53 - Jul 20 with 2185 viewsonehunglow

The Keir Starmer effect on 13:42 - Jul 20 by Slugster664

Your dislike of Johnson has become not only boring but tiresome.

You talk of facts, yet mention not one.

You could have said, Blair has to be the worse PM in our lifetime, you didn't.
You could have said, Blair was responsible for many hundreds of thousands of deaths during the Iraq war, you didn't.
You could have said, Blair betrayed our Armed Forces over murdering IRA scum, but you didn't.
You could have said, Johnson was responsible for the hugely successful vaccination rollout in the UK during the Coronavirus pandemic, saving possibly millions of lives, but you didn't.

In fact, your facts were just your bigoted, trashy opinions...again

He is NOT the worst PM.Killy is simply against ALL English posh boys .

Ive seen many who could qualify.I d argue Sunny Jim stands out mainly as I rememebr the conveniently shytetorm late 70s when this land was destroying itelf from within.Its why Thatcher won THREE elections so she couldnt have been the monster many on here thought.

Like it or not,she has guts which Boris hasnt.A naked oportunist and a craven one who simply wants to be loved;thus he make few unpopular decisions as he sees them.

What we really need is a PM that will scrap the WA and the Holyrood talking shop.

We have to be united but that means moving much of the power away from London and the south east.

The Keir Starmer effect on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 2171 viewsKilkennyjack

The Keir Starmer effect on 14:53 - Jul 20 by onehunglow

Ive seen many who could qualify.I d argue Sunny Jim stands out mainly as I rememebr the conveniently shytetorm late 70s when this land was destroying itelf from within.Its why Thatcher won THREE elections so she couldnt have been the monster many on here thought.

Like it or not,she has guts which Boris hasnt.A naked oportunist and a craven one who simply wants to be loved;thus he make few unpopular decisions as he sees them.

What we really need is a PM that will scrap the WA and the Holyrood talking shop.

We have to be united but that means moving much of the power away from London and the south east.

I agree with half of that.

I will go for a long walk as a result.

The Keir Starmer effect on 18:24 - Jul 20 with 2134 viewsCatullus

The Keir Starmer effect on 14:53 - Jul 20 by onehunglow

I've come to think going federal is the only way. get rid of Westminster and the devolved governments and split the Uk up into self governing regions, those regions then vote on who goes to the Parliament which is no longer in London. Have a Uk wide vote to see where the parliament is situated but keep it out of cities/towns, put it on a site away from anywhere large.

If we don't reset politics in the Uk we'll just end up with more PM's like Bojo, shouldn't we want more than the least worst choice?

The Keir Starmer effect on 07:49 - Jul 23 with 2038 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the speaker threw a labour MPs out of the house yesterday for breaking rules and refusing to apologise.

The Keir Starmer effect on 10:37 - Jul 23 with 2005 viewsonehunglow

The Keir Starmer effect on 07:49 - Jul 23 by felixstowe_jack

I see the speaker threw a labour MPs out of the house yesterday for breaking rules and refusing to apologise.

Dawn Butler.
The same MP who tried to claim a jacuzzi on expenses.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 10:42]

The Keir Starmer effect on 11:51 - Jul 23 with 1996 viewsCatullus

The Keir Starmer effect on 07:49 - Jul 23 by felixstowe_jack

Yes she broke the rules but she spoke the truth. Why isn't the truth allowed in Parliament?

Maybe Starmer needs to stand up and ask that?

Maybe Butler should have pulled a Roebuck and said "I always bow, Sir, to your commands, and if you think that I have said anything but the truth I withdraw the expression,"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024